Questions for Peter wilt (stadium only)

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Fanaddict, Nov 30, 2004.

1. mouseboy33

mouseboy33 New Member

Dec 24, 2003
    Peter this is what I had in mind for the away supporters. A Cage!
    [​IMG]

2. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    This would be fantastic if this country weren't so big, and rail travel so expensive..... :(

3. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, Fire fans travel, and if I'm not mistaken, we live in this enormous country as well. Quit making excuses and road trip for god's sake. Perhaps if we build it, they will come.

It is funny that we could be the only team to have an "away" section, when we are the only fans that really travel. :)

4. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    The Metros Section:

[​IMG]

Galaxy:

[​IMG]

5. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Fire fans travel, yes. But outside of Cbus and KC, what are the numbers that you bring? Not knocking anyone, kudos to any MLS fan that travels to away games to support their club. Just saying that it's gonna be very difficult for most teams to bring sizeable away numbers to any given game, outside of your local rivals.

6. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can we keep replies to this thread to actual questions for Peter please.

7. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    Thank you!

8. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Peter,
    What can be done to facilitate larger amounts of traveling away fans in MLS, which will ultimately help improve the overall atmosphere at MLS games? thanx!

9. Peter Wilt

Peter Wilt Member

Jun 11, 1999
    Whitefish Bay, WI
    That's a very important question. i don't have any easy answers. the best thing would be to add more teams in very close proximity to existing teams. Chicago needs one or two teams among the following: St. Louis, Detroit, Twin Cities, Cleveland, Indianapolis, Milwaukee.

In the northeast, it would be huge to add Philly and Queens. That would provide 5 teams with VERY close rivals.

Metros, NE, DC and of course LA and Chivas have the best chance of delivering on this.

We also need to have more people really care about our teams/sport/League. THe new stadia will help if we can create better atmosphere, sellout more games, raise the level of play, create more rivalries.

This would make a good topic for supporters summit or a thread elsewhere on BS.

peter

10. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard that the rent for the stadium is going to be 300,000 a year seems kind of high. Is that because Bridgeview is picking up the whole tap on the stadium, and that we'll be getting most of if not all of the parking and concessions from the stadium.

Can you compare the rent, parking, concessions between NSF and Bridgeview. I'm assuming rent for NSF was high with little to nothing in parking and cocsessions.

Can't wait for 2006, good bye NSF, Bears, football lines, battle of bands, Chicago Park District and whoever and whatever has anything to do with NSF.

11. swedcrip34

swedcrip34 New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    That's just a little more than one game at Giants Stadium for the Metrostars. Two tops.

12. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    300k a year is pretty damn cheap

you figure there will be at least 20 home games (15 mls regular, 2-3 open cup, 2 exhibitions, mls playoffs)

that's 15k a game... pretty damn good if you ask me... plus we will get insane revenue sharing

13. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Thanx for your answers, as always.....

14. Iceblink

Iceblink Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Actually, I was wondering if we could have some kind of sticky thread that's just for the answers. I hate wading through all the questions to find Peter's posts.

Can some mod do that?

15. NotAbbott

NotAbbott Member

Oct 11, 1999
    My Own Little World
    Two stadium questions, ported from the Wrigley concerts thread. Well, one from that thread, and the other one that I always ask about.

First, have you done or will you be doing any studies of the acoustics inside the stadium? Are the goals of a raucous soccer environment and quality concert venue mutually exclusive in that regard, or does it seem possible to accomplish both?

Second, has Concerts West played it's hand as to who it might be partnering with for concerts locally? JAM seems most likely, as a way for Jerry and Arnie to fight back against Clear Channel, but CC has to still be an option as well. As does House of Blues.

Later,
    COZ

16. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    FWIW, I think it would look cool if you painted the Chicago Fire on white seats. Its a cheap way to advertise and it would really add some character to the stadium right off the bat.

So, to phrase it as a question to Peter, can it be done? Will it be done? Why or why not?

Im very jealous right now :|

17. budalabutt

budalabutt Red Card

Nov 4, 2004
    Chi-town
    Peter I wanted to let you know what my intrepretation of what NY Metros management considers stadium progress. Just keep digging Nick. You'll strike gold eventually :)

[​IMG]

18. Peter Wilt

Peter Wilt Member

Jun 11, 1999
    Whitefish Bay, WI
    1. right and i doubt it.
    2. east side first floor
    3. really about 1,100. on the east side in the middle.
    4. within 30 to 60 days ;) The village.

peter

19. Peter Wilt

Peter Wilt Member

Jun 11, 1999
    Whitefish Bay, WI
    it will be open to everyone on non-game days....340 or so days a year.

peter

20. Peter Wilt

Peter Wilt Member

Jun 11, 1999
    Whitefish Bay, WI
    maybe.

peter

21. Peter Wilt

Peter Wilt Member

Jun 11, 1999
    Whitefish Bay, WI
    thanks. working on it.

peter

22. Peter Wilt

Peter Wilt Member

Jun 11, 1999
    Whitefish Bay, WI
    you should be fine. double check with your ticket rep to make sure your priority number is set.

peter

23. Peter Wilt

Peter Wilt Member

Jun 11, 1999
    Whitefish Bay, WI
    or just have a Bridgeview Fire Truck there.

peter

24. Peter Wilt

Peter Wilt Member

Jun 11, 1999
    Whitefish Bay, WI
    maybe.

peter

25. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Peter,
    With the front row seats so low, does this mean there'll be a trench around the field like Old Trafford (see photo) or will there be photo dugouts like some place like Goodison Park?

[​IMG]