Questions for Bob bradley

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Fanaddict, Sep 7, 2002.

1. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1--I know curtin has made some mistakes in games but it would have been nice to have him in there on that corner kick that Ruiz scored on. On same play why was kelly playing up front instead of nowak?Kelly would have been better defending the corner kick.

2---Why late in the game didn't you have two defenders on the leading scorer in the league instead of one who tried to play a dangerous offside trap which did not work? Ruiz was not offside I watched the tape in slow motion.

3--Why when we will need to rebuild next year did you trade our first two picks in the draft?

2. NotAbbott

NotAbbott Member

Oct 11, 1999
    My Own Little World
    1. I think Gray had just entered the game, right? He wasn't able to get back into the play in time, plain and simple. I seem to think I remember Jesse, or somebody, trying to wave him back toward the 18 right away.

2. Good question. I didn't get a good look at how the play unfolded, so it's hard to say who else might have been able to get over there. Simply saying "they should have two men on him" is problematic, especially on a counterattack.

3. I think it had to do with freeing up cap space so we could actually get healthy bodies on the field this year, didn't it? And aside from Gray, who has gotten significant playing time, we've still got Nugent, Capano, Dipsy, Saavedra and Sleeth in the pipe. Yeah, Sleeth didn't look great on the field this year, but he was forced into games before he was really ready, so he still might prove useful. Don't dismiss the current rebuilding plans out of hand. The chances of getting someone in the next draft who would help us immediately are slim. Of course, if we had pulled of the Wolff and somebody else for Faria and Davis deal, if it was ever really a possibility, we'd be mostly rebuilt.

Later,
    COZ

3. Jacen McCullough

Nov 23, 1998
    Maryland
    Just wondering, but where did you hear that Davis was involved in the Faria/Wolff deal?

JMac

4. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another question why can't we defend corner kicks well? Early in the game lalas was left alone in the middle in was a miracle he didn't score then.Also late in the game we have vaudrill one of the shortest guys dending ruiz who can jump. When that ball went off vauderill for the corner kick right giving la the corner kick, I was yelling don't give up corner kicks to this team. I knew sooner or later la would score on one.

5. NotAbbott

NotAbbott Member

Oct 11, 1999
    My Own Little World
    Non-published sources? I only heard that his name had been thrown around at some point. Keep in mind that this was right after Korea, and the Fire probably had feelers out for any and every left-sided midfielder with all the talk of DMB leaving, so I have no idea how serious it might have been.

Later,
    COZ

6. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    The Fire are THE ABSOLUTE WORST TEAM I have ever seen in defending corner kicks and set pieces.

Absolute worst.

It's god damn sickening to see the same damn weaknesses never corrected by the coaching staff.

There's a part of me that is starting to think we have a Ray Hudson disease on this team...a coach with a name only.

I'd love to be proven wrong on this.

7. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002
    We have 2 US Open Cup Titles, an MLS Cup Title, one year as MLS Runner-Up in four years of the franchise.

That's the proof I can submit.

8. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Proof enough, surely.

9. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    Why didn't Bob move the cross bar up three inches?

Why didn't Bob move the post out three inches?

It's time for him to go. Bring in Rongen or Bora before its too late.

10. IJS

IJS Member

Mar 28, 2000
    Naperville
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That is funny because Hartman DID ask for the goal posts to be moved, he thought they were in the wrong place so had Fire staff move them to section 8's right.
    Now we know why !!!

11. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    I saw that :)

12. Mattinho

Mattinho Member

Jan 27, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guys, guys. You're never supposed to question Bob Bradley. He's the reincarnation of Arena 96 remember?

13. krolpolski

krolpolski Member+

That Arena guy should be fired too for failing to win the World Cup this year. (Or at least for not getting Josh Wolff into the Germany game)

14. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    Re: Re: Questions for Bob bradley

That reminds me, for those of you not happy with Bob, I think we could have an outside shot of signing Steve Sampson if we act fast. ;)

15. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know most of the Fire's problems are not Bob's fault, injuries etc, but he seems to be loyal to guys if they just work hard. Sometimes that's not enough. If you aren't a goalkeeper, defender or defensive midfielder, I want to see consistent assists and /or goals out of you. There are too many invisible players on this team.

16. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    You may be on to something (que the Fred MacMurray jokes. We already play on a field made of Flubber).

17. monop_poly

monop_poly Member

May 17, 2002
    Chicago
    And yet ...

... why is the Fire terrible on defending set pieces year after year? It's a legitimate question. I think Boca does his bit, but not so sure about CJ. Curtin admitting losing his man a couple weeks ago in NE loss (I think it was NE ... the L's are piling up). Rarely do one of the midfielders or forwards get a clearance on a corner ... not like I expect Ante Razov or Hristo to turn into Alan Shearer or something.

I wouldn't question Bradley on why our shots keep hitting posts and crossbars. Same for why Perez felt that the 89th minute in a tie 10-on-10 game was the best time to trap Ruiz offside - you can take your arm down now, Orlando - that was just plain dumb.