Questions about USL?

Discussion in 'California Victory' started by FenoFutbol, Feb 24, 2008.

1. FenoFutbol

FenoFutbol Red Card

Dec 12, 2005
    Aguilucho Villa
    USL and PDL are they the same or different?

I heard there is like 4 usl or pdl teams in california? how many in los angeles? do players in usl get payed? how does the league works?

2. HSEUPASSION

HSEUPASSION New Member

Apr 16, 2005
    Duck, NC
    The PDL is a USL league. It's the 3rd tier, below the USL First and Second Divisions.

USL-1 and USL-2 players get paid, PDL players are stictly amateur. There are 10 PDL teams in California.

3. FenoFutbol

FenoFutbol Red Card

Dec 12, 2005
    Aguilucho Villa
    some of my friends played pdl while in college, do you have to be in college to play pdl? anybody heard of a team called santa monica united or something? bc one of my friends was asked to go to play for them. 1st division and second division team in usl are no really in the LA area huh? i was just wondering.

thanks for the info man, i gone reasearch this a bit more. peace

4. HSEUPASSION

HSEUPASSION New Member

Apr 16, 2005
    Duck, NC
    No, you don't HAVE to be in college. Teams are limited to I think 8 over-23 players, and must field 3 under-18's.

I heard there might be a USL-1 team in Fullerton soon. I'm not sure how solid that info is.

I don't know of a Santa Monica United, no.

5. FenoFutbol

FenoFutbol Red Card

Dec 12, 2005
    Aguilucho Villa
    thanks for the info man, i gone look around, i gone try to walk onto any of those teams since my galaxy hopes were gone after that try out, my right leg is messed up. if you know any anybody specifically in LA let me know man, a few good names would help. peace

6. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    also check out www.USLsoccer.com . thats the official website for the USL I think it has all the teams and things like eligibility rules, schedules, etc.

Mikey

7. FenoFutbol

FenoFutbol Red Card

Dec 12, 2005
    Aguilucho Villa
    dude thats cool that you are a battery fan, i used to live in columbia, sc and i went to few battery games. i should have tried out for the battery but in those days i was more into moving to play semipro here to LA.

why so difficult to contact this people? i called most of the clubs in the LA area, left messeges, nobody every answered, email the coaches... i may gone have to hire an agent but geezzz is so weird that trying to play profesional soccer in the US is just something from a different planet.

the lady of one of the phone numbers one the website told me that everything was on the website that the phone number had nothing to do with the club? isnt that weird? that is supposed to be an official website.