Question on Buying Away Tickets

Discussion in 'Columbus Supporters Clubs' started by Kyle Crew, Apr 13, 2022.

1. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Long story short, the Mrs and I might very well be in Toronto in June. Coincidentally, the Crew are in Toronto in June. Will Nordecke make away section tix available at some point? I found a post on Reddit that lists every away section in every stadium, but that section in Toronto is basically unavailable as of right now. Never bought away tix so trying to figure it out. I don’t mind setting in a mixed section, but it would be nice to be with other Crew fans.

2. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is on my list of things to address and clarify, but It's low priority right now so I don't know if it'll be clarified before June.

That said: If there is no official NorOnTour trip to the city or ticket sales link, the best course of action is to call the opposing team's box office - I know, that sucks, I'm sorry - and tell them you're a visiting fan and you want tickets in the away section. They'll take care of you.

If they don't take care of you (like the Crew used to under a previous Director of Ticket Sales - the only guy I was glad to see go to Austin), let me know and I'll work some back channels to get you a better contact.

DrunkandDisorderly and Kyle Crew repped this.
  3. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My man is working hard for the people!!

DrunkandDisorderly repped this.
  4. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @Kyle Crew, did you call and get tickets? I used to somewhat regularly attend away games, and what @LaMacchia suggested was my process. The opposing team’s box office was normally pretty helpful and made the tickets available.

I wish I would have seen this thread a month ago.

5. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah, haven’t yet.

Ch(Elsey) repped this.
  6. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey [mention]LaMacchia [/mention] any word on away tickets for the TFC game? Getting close to the game so I figured it should be known what’s up.

7. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll ping the Travel Director and see what I can find out. Give me a few days to report back.

Kyle Crew repped this.
  8. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks. No rush. I’d like to sit with away fans, but if nothing is going on I’ll just get some tix in good spots with some friendly Canucks. I’m hopping they take pity on me when Miguelol starts and buy me some beers haha.

LaMacchia repped this.
  9. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was finally able to get confirmation last night that there is no official NorOnTour for the TFC match this year, and as such Crew fans are encouraged to acquire their own tickets to the game.

Kyle Crew repped this.
  10. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for asking. I kinda figured as much, didn’t know if there was some sort of unofficial gathering, or if you’d heard of others going.

I went ahead and got tix for the away section last night. $80 Canadian (about $65 USD) so not too bad. I know away fans officially sit at the top of 203/204, so it’s all good.

In case anyone is curios about where away sections are across the league, I did find this handy dandy doc on Reddit:

IMG_1299.jpg

OlympiquedeMarseille and LaMacchia repped this.
  11. OlympiquedeMarseille

Apr 18, 2012
    Ottawa
    Club:
    Ottawa Fury
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  12. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes and Yes.

OlympiquedeMarseille repped this.
  13. OlympiquedeMarseille

Apr 18, 2012
    Ottawa
    Club:
    Ottawa Fury
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  14. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OH!!

That's a whole different story. The odds are good that 209 will still be away supporters, but given that it's a USSoccer function and they sometimes (often) write their own rules, I can't give you as confident an answer.

OlympiquedeMarseille repped this.
  15. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a relatively meaningless friendly, it'll definitely be interesting to see how tickets are allocated. IIRC, the last women's friendly saw a LOT of tickets easily available mere minutes before kickoff.