Question for spiritpr

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by Mactisha, Mar 10, 2003.

1. spiritpr --

Sorry to single you out, but you are our connection to the Spirit.

What is the deal with all of the freebies for the newbies while the veteran season ticket holders are left holding the short end of the stick? Yes, we have the deal with the team needing to make the playoffs or we get free stuff. However, most of us are counting on that not becoming a reality. If you guys are saving up for this, don't you think that may piss off your players? "Well, they're counting on us to lose. Why don't we?" (Thank God they are too competitive to have that attitude)

There are people who have been season ticket holders since the beginning of the league who are wondering, "Where's my San D. Panda bobblehead? Where's my "Bend it Like Beckham" package?" Some of these people live several hours away, yet drive to San Diego for every home game. I don't attend every game, but I do buy tickets for the season for the sole purpose of supporting the Spirit and the league. I give the tickets I don't use to someone so that there is a butt in the seat.

We're just wondering — where's the love for the veteran season ticket holders? The ones who have already paid for tickets for the 2003 season. Hell, we bought them before we knew we would be able to see Aly Wagner, Susan Bush, Jenni Branam, Christine Latham, Susan Palmer, Kerry Connors and Daniela playing in a Spirit uniform.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you can give us a little information. (And no....I'm not expecting a Spirit player to show up at my door with my season tickets.)

2. spiritpr

spiritpr New Member

Jan 20, 2001
    Hello,

WE value all of our season ticket holders especially our first ones and the ones who continue to renew. The season ticket holders biggest benefit is the price break, which people who get these other promotions don't receive.

Fans who purchase the 4 tickets for the San D. Panda bobblehead pay the higher price for the seat.

We try to offer different packages to differnet people, but fans who do not buy season tickets, will always pay the higher price for the seat, no matter what the (Freebie) may be.

We are tossing around the idea of having a special club, where you may upgrade for one single price to your season seat to get all of the promotional items that may become available after you purchase.

Trust me, we try to please everyone and it is very hard.

I hope that this helps a little.