question for anyone going to the fanfest/game on sunday (30th)

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by magiclamp, Mar 27, 2003.

1. magiclamp

magiclamp New Member

Jan 2, 2000
    New Yawk
    I'm seriously thinking of flying down and going to the thing in Germantown. I'd have to rent a car and get there from the airport. I checked mapquest and it said it's about 35 miles and a 45 minute drive. Is that accurate? Would that be the right amount of time on a Sunday? I need to see if I can make it there and back to the airport in time for the last flight or two.

thanks!

2. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which airport? Dulles would probably be the best bet if you have a choice. Traffic should be comparatively light on Sunday, so the times are probably reasonable.

3. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Totally unrelated but my friend woke me up this morning so that I could hear Mia, Abigail, Siri, and whoever else was on DC101 this morning talking about "Bras across RFK" or something like that. LOL Abigail made fun of Flounder's man boobs!!!
    :D

4. magiclamp

magiclamp New Member

Jan 2, 2000
    New Yawk
    Delta flys into National. I know Dulles is closer though. The good thing is it goes every hour and the last one is at 9:30, so I should be able to make it back to the airport in time, even if there is traffic.

I hope. :)

As for DC101, Fear, do they have web broadcasts?? Or did your friend play it over the phone for you? I'd have loved to have heard THAT! LOL!!

5. GoDC

GoDC Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Hamilton, VA
    Jacqui and Skylar were the other players there and info is up on the Freedom site. Charity plan for the Lombardi Cancer Center.

Elliott liked Mia's new ring!! :D

6. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    9.30 shouldn't be a problem. The game should be over at 6, so you've got plenty of time.

7. DCUPopeAndLillyFan

Apr 20, 2000
    Colorado
    What the heck are you renting a car for? Get in touch, you have a ride if you want it!

8. DCUPopeAndLillyFan

Apr 20, 2000
    Colorado
    Or did my driving scare you last time? :p