question: does chicago have the best offense?

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by appoo, Aug 15, 2002.

1. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    Does the Chicago fire own the best offense in the MLs with Hristo, Josh wolff, Ante Razov, DaMarcus Beasley, and Dema Kovelenko on the field at the same time? I say so. But perhaps the Metro Stars, with a healthy Mathis, Big Mama, Andy Williams, and Brad Davis can match em.

2. kasai

kasai New Member

Jul 15, 2002
    California
    Chicago definitely is talented, but they haven't been able to put it together as a team until last night. Then again, KC is a tired team, so a single night's performance by Chicago has to be taken in stride.

3. monop_poly

monop_poly Member

May 17, 2002
    Chicago
    You forgot Peter Nowak. Chemistry has been on again, off again w/o him.

4. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    of course all this could be a moot discussion without whats probably the most polished forward in the MLS, Josh WOlff injured

5. boots15

boots15 New Member

Sep 19, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Chicago CAN have a potent offense without Josh Wolff. You still have DMB, Dema, Razov, and Peter. Even without Wolff I think Chicago has the best offense.

6. usa1950

usa1950 Member

Aug 18, 2000
    Indiana USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A few people in San Jose would say you have drank too much Old Style. I would agree with them.

Kovalenko's goal the other night was his first this season, adn he is far from an assist leader. He's been injured, but he's now tied on goals with Jim Curtin!!

Still..... go FIRE!

7. Pyro

Pyro Member

Apr 18, 2000
    Fulton River District
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll take a healthy Fire over any other MLS team for sheer offensive power. The only 2 in the starting 11 that are not offensive threats are Brown and Thornton.
    Curtin on corners, Boca on crosses followed by Nowak, Wolff, DBM, Armas, Hristo, Razov, and Dema.

And the Fire still would have Grey, Whitfield and Perez on the bench for some boost.

Note: My starting line-up excludes Marsch for offensive purposes.

8. Preston McMurry

Preston McMurry New Member

Jul 28, 1999
    Earth
    Not any more ...