Question about Norway

Discussion in 'Women's Fans and More' started by Jeminem2000, Oct 2, 2003.

1. Jeminem2000

Jeminem2000 New Member

Jul 2, 2001
    Ohio
    I heard that since Norway lost last night against the US, they will not be able to play in the 2004 Olympics. Aparently their Olympic spot is contingent on the World Cup. Is this true? I think they should be automatics since they won in 2000. It is certainly sad. I mean I wanted the US to win, but Norway is too good of a team to leave out of the Olympics...

2. *Crazy_Chastain*

*Crazy_Chastain* New Member

Mar 19, 2000
    Florida
    it doesn't make sense to me either, but its true.

http://www.ussoccer.com/news/fullstory.sps?iNewsid=44202

nice to see ya postin again, hen jen jen :p

3. Jeminem2000

Jeminem2000 New Member

Jul 2, 2001
    Ohio
    Thanks BS Mod: Smartass ;)

4. Binchy

Binchy Member

Sep 7, 2001
    Choctaw territory
    This is a crying shame. Instead of Norway it'll be Greece....a team that probably couldn't win against a Div. III college team.

Considering how poorly the Asian contingent did at this Cup I think one of their spots should be given to Norway.

5. sexysadie

sexysadie Red Card

Sep 29, 2003
    somewhere on earth

just like Nederland deserves to be in 2002 MWC more than Costa Rica or China

6. nordby1

nordby1 Member

Sep 4, 2001
    SAN DIEGO
    Club:
    Lillestrom SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Greece Taking Norway's Spot in the Olympics

Perhaps there could have at least been a playoff between Norway and the final Asian qualifier. I don't think the host nation of the Olympics should always be given an automatic spot in the soccer tournament when all they will probably do is embarass themselves.

Is Greece even ranked in FIFA's top 50? :confused:
    At least the Netherlands had the opportunity to qualify for the 2002 MWC against other UEFA teams. Norway lost their chance to qualify for the Olympics because they were defeated by the U.S. in the quarterfinals of the WWC. :rolleyes: