Question about muscusa.com (ManU Usa Supporters)

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by DannyUpper90, Jul 20, 2006.

1. DannyUpper90

DannyUpper90 Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Maryland
    Hello everyone. Havent posted here a lot but have been a lifelong ManU supporter from the States.

I was wondering if anyone was a member of the Manchester United USA supporters' club, and whether or not it was worth the $45. I was planning a trip to Old Trafford and thought this might be an option, also wanted to meet some dedicated ManU fans from my area (DC/VA/MD)

Feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I am a US United fan, and I just bought my OneUnited membership. However, I'm still questioning the MUCUSA one. It seems like the main thing you get are some VIP tours for certain matches, and someone who will fill out and send ticket applications for you (correct me if I'm wrong please). The people seem very nice though, I just met the local guy here in St. Louis and now have a place to watch our matches live this next season.

Sorry I couldn't be more of a help, I'm sure someone else has both and will be better abled to describe it.

3. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I was a member of both last season and got excellent seats to matches on Boxing Day and New Year's Eve at OT. Admittedly I haven't tried just joining One United and applying straight through them, but it could work out in theory.

MUSCUSA are a good group though, I can definitely attest to that, and Pete Holland is the closest thing we've got to a Rick B. At the least you might as well e-mail them about ticket inquiries.

4. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Achtung, if you are just a Mucusa member and not a OneUnited member, can you still get good tickets? I must have misunderstood when I originally signed up...maybe I should have gotten MUCUSA.

5. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My understanding is that in order to get tickets of any kind from the club, you need to be a member of One United, no exceptions.

Now, MUFC reserves a certain number of seats per game for international supporters clubs. MUSCUSA is one of these clubs, and has seats for these games. So if you go through them, you might have a better chance of getting tickets.

I am not sure of the procedure for international fans getting the tickets straight from the club and bypassing MUSCUSA is, but I do believe people have done it.

6. Wacca45

Wacca45 New Member

May 23, 2006
    Arizona
    Have to agree with you about Pete. And Dave Herman was cool too. I wasn't even a member of MUSCUSA but I happened to be going to the same match. They hooked me up with a tour of the museum and stadium. And Pete even made sure to get a Ruud Van Nistelroy signed United Review mag for me. They are a good group to deal with. I signed up with them this year because of it.