question about combined counties league-help!!

Discussion in 'Other Divisions' started by ohyeah, Oct 4, 2007.

1. ohyeah

ohyeah New Member

Nov 10, 2005
    I am a coach for a team from the USA that is comprised of junior college players -(no star players really but good average collge players) and we are taking a trip to the UK in the summer of 2008--well we are scheduled to play a team from the combined counties league Division 1 (step 7)--will we be in over our head?--in other words ,what is the quality of play at that level?---any help would be appreciated--thanks....

2. erictheking

erictheking Member

Feb 2, 2004
    I think it's just below the southern leagues. The standard will probably be quite fast and physical. It should be a good test though.

3. rapidsfan2004

rapidsfan2004 New Member

Aug 8, 2006
    what team is it do you know?

4. bdndyc

bdndyc New Member

Apr 14, 2007
    How olds a "junior college player" and are they the types who could be playing in the MLS in the future or are they not that level?

5. Peakite

Peakite Member

Mar 27, 2000
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Halifax Town
    I've been along to watch Reading Town (in the Premier division) and the standard of play isn't that high. Whilst they may be paid expenses, the players are playing because they enjoy it. They should be strong enough for any English university (bar Bath), but given the US tendency for players to come through university, you could find the level similar (you being more skillful, but them more physical).

Incidentally the COmbined Counties first division is at step 6, not 7. And which team are you playing?

6. myfavouriteshirt

myfavouriteshirt New Member

Dec 22, 2007
    Hi

Which teams are you playing when you visit England.

Are you thinking of visiting South Yorkshire, the home of football in the the UK.

You can read about Sheffied FC, officially the oldest club in the world who have just celebrated their 150th Anniversary.

The story is the My Favourite Shirt E-Zine at www.myfavouriteshirt.com just click on the cover picture of the magazine to subscribe to South Yorkshire's very own football magazine online.

Have A Good Christmas

My Favourite Shirt