Question about Chilean league schedule.

Discussion in 'CONMEBOL' started by SPL, Aug 27, 2002.

1. SPL

SPL New Member

Apr 28, 2000
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I appologize for writting this in English, as my espanol es muy mal. I'm from the United States but will be traveling to Santiago in a few weeks and would like to attend a match by any of the city's big three clubs - Univ. de Chile, Univ. Catolica or Colo Colo. I will be in Santiago the weekend of Sept. 13 and 14. But I can't find a schedule on the Web that lists the days and times of the matches. Every schedule I've found, including the official ANFP site, list the matchups for the weekend of Sept. 13 and 14, but not the specific day or time. Can anyone help me out? Muchas gracias.

2. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    In Peru, they usually don't decide the date and time until the week before the match. Maybe it is the same in Chile.

3. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Mabe you can check their websites.

4. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    any mods gone for the long weekend?

chaski or condor or garcia?

diegoooll is in colombia-

5. Shah

Shah New Member

You the feel need to apologize for writing in English on an English language website that has the vast majority of its message board posts in English?? What is this world coming to, that we have to apologize because we speak or write in English??

BTW.. the Chilean football strike might throw your plans to watchy footy off kilter just a bit. I hope they resolve the situation. It is sad to see that league struggle and a great club like Colo Colo on the brink of extinction.

6. chicarica

chicarica New Member

Feb 22, 2002
    Ohio
    Shah is right... Chilean league is currently on strike and I know for a fact that this weekend's matches are suspended (Aug. 31 / Sept. 1). I don't see it getting worked out anytime soon...

The games are not pre-set for the dates. They are determined only about a week to five days before the weekend they are supposed to be played because of TV rights... Really sucks...

You can check www.vivefutbol.cl for the best up-to-date info on the league -- games, etc.... Good Luck!

7. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    shah is not right!

the other man came here with respect! tal vez el pueda encontrar el horario de juegos en un site with english only. grow up!

SPL - pls ck the tread in conmebol with times for games in copa suramericana (posted by garcia), may be a game will happen that weekend.
    try deportes.elarea.com for news on the liga

8. Shah

Shah New Member

Hmmm... where did I mention English only?? It seems to me that I mentioned that an English language poster ought not apologize because he/she posts in English. That seems to be silly and is quite frankly degrading. "Oh forgive me god.. I am not posting in Spanish.. how could I commit such an vile act... etc.. etc." Okay I am being cynical, but the situation warrants it here.

Nor should you apologize before you write a post in Spanish. And if my acknowledgement that this is a mainly English speaking/posting board offended you, well so be it, the vast majority of posts are in English. That is a fact. I said NOTHING about posts having to be in English. You my friend are painting a picture that is not there.

And if coming in here with respect means apologizing for posting in the language that that the majority of the posts on this site are in.. well then I guess I will just have to be disrespectful!!

9. biosoccer

biosoccer New Member

Stop arguing about English or Spanish! Si no hablas español estás perdido en este mundo! :D

Hey SPL, it looks like (at least from what I heard yesterday on the news) that the strike won't last much longer, so I guess there will be games on those days you ask (even more taking into consideration that it's the weekend before the national festivities - Sept 18).

Though, chaski is right, usually games don't get scheduled with exact time and date until the week before or so. If you know someone who speaks spanish, try checking the sports section of www.emol.com (the biggest local newspaper), the dates and times usually appear there first than the ANFP website.

If I know something I'll let you know (after all, I live in Santiago).

10. biosoccer

biosoccer New Member

Never mind, I just read today's newspaper and it seems that there are two versions of what's going on:
    The official spokeman said that they have come to an agreement.
    The unofficial spokeman (but still important in all this situation) said that they were getting nowhere.

11. SPL

SPL New Member

Apr 28, 2000
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Muchas gracias for all the help.

Thanks for all the responses. Much appreciated! Hopefully the strike won't last long.

12. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    spl- good luck (que parte de tampa vives?)

peace to all en español!

13. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    im going to be around

14. biosoccer

biosoccer New Member

The situation still looks darks...

Any other sport that you like that you'd like watch? :(

15. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    The only known match will be played after you visit.
    One was played two days ago.

03/09/2002 - CALAMA
    21:15 COBRELOA 0-1 S. WANDERERS

The next one is for the 24th.
    24/09/2002 - SANTIAGO
    21:30 S. WANDERERS - COBRELOA

This is not league play, but rather the Copa Sudamericana 2002.

16. biosoccer

biosoccer New Member

They have been playing friendly games this weeks, maybe they'll play one by the time you get here.

17. biosoccer

biosoccer New Member

Good news

It all looks like the Chilean League will get back to play this weekend!