Que pensara la FPF ahora? - Autori ...

Discussion in 'Peru' started by vipnerd, Jul 1, 2005.

1. cacho_2b_famous redded

Sep 6, 2005

im sorry guys but lola is right

2. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
    claro, pe, choclon. si es tu primo.

3. perucho79

perucho79 New Member

Dec 2, 2004
    Monumental
    yea I agree 100% with LOLO

4. KesOne

KesOne BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
  5. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I THINK (I have to put that there because some people here are sensitive) that it has nothing to do with him being a good coach. Remember, he took over a good Sao Paolo team halfway through their season and Libertadores and was lucky to win that final against Liverpoor for the Club World Cup. I'm not saying he's a bad coach either, but "he won" enough to make it in the top 10 of the year 2005 list.

6. KesOne

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    At least you know your place now :D. So our players are that horrible huh, ok we're more screwed than I thought then.

7. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    You're trying to stablish a status on the intarweb? Wow, somebody needs some attention. :rolleyes:

Nah, our players are not horrible... its their attitudes thats horrible. And of course having a coach that cannot and does not know how to deal with it will not accomplish anything with our NT. That's why i'm a firm believer that the coach that will take us once again to the WC will be a Peruvian.

8. KesOne

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Just for testing purposes, I wonder how the current Brazilian coach would do with our NT. Do you know how much testing I would do if I was the FPF, they clearly dont give a schitt.

9. locotl

locotl Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    florida
    the next coach has to understand the peruvian juerguero mentality and know some strategy.
    kind of like Didi: he was able to take the palomillas with Challe and Perico do their thing with the whole Bombonera incident, and apply good pressing and change of pace to our favor.

10. Dominican Lou

Dominican Lou Member+

Nov 27, 2004
    1936 Catalonia
    I think coaching in soccer is overrated.

There are very few coaches that win everywhere they go. Any coach that's labelled "great" just happens to have outstanding players, and if they do win with not-so-great players the success doesn't last.

Examples:

-Bianchi kicked ass at Velez in the mid 90s, then bombed at Roma. Then he won everything possible at Boca in the early 2000s and now he's fired from Atletico Madrid.

-Everyone thinks Hiddink is the second coming of God, but when he coached Barcelona (late 90s I believe) they were terrible and he was fired quick.

-Bilardo and Menotti are coaching legends but haven't won squat in the past 15 years.

A coach is important, yes, but it's not crucial to a team's success.

11. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    Hiddink coached Real Madrid

but yeah we do tend to put to much blame on the coaches for our missfortunes(by we i mean press)

12. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    Tiene que tener peso.

These Peruvian players have talent but little desire. Sure, they want to win but not what the DT requires of them to win. They have to buy into the system and I don't know a Peruvian with a system that is respected enough, let alone the person.

Cienciano's DT was laughed off as a joke. He was winner, right? His selections were crap, but you gotta buy into it in order for things to at least have a chance to work.

I see a big money, big name to lead Peru. The primadonna players need that. Only then will they believe in the DT. Unless you have a national coach who has the 100% backing from the press and the federation to force the players to get with the program. I think these cats need to get a dose of boot camp, weed out the fluff queens and pick the kids who will sweat the chompa bicolor!