Quarterly Quarrel - The Financial Discussion Part 5

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
  2. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
  3. djcandle19

djcandle19 Member

Mar 19, 2009
    Nation's Capitol
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Nike valuation must be real.

4. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    i am just wondering if this acquisition of shares means anything at all significant.

i know it is a small number but i am not as stock market & share savvy as some on here. was hoping someone could shed light on that if there was any to shed

5. nimma

nimma Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 5, 2006
    India
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    This acquisition really means nothing...As far as I see it, this is just a company which is investing and looking long term and obviously think that it is a profitable investment for the future....The amount of shares they hold still means they only hold 2.5 percent of the club, which I don't think gets you anywhere near the board room let alone an actual membership....

6. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    It just means less volatility for those shares as it takes a chunk 'off of the market'.

7. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    according to Deloitte we make £363m in revenue

8. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Who cares about on pitch results

STACKS ON STACKS ON STACKS

[​IMG]

9. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    Arsenal 2.0

10. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    nah.

Arsenal still manage 4th.

sdotsom repped this.
  11. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    even the stacks will dry up if this continues long term.

ticket sales and prices will go down whether we get into Europa League or not. and given that our business model is based on CL football and CL knockout round football, less money = less in transfers = less glamour = more wtf omfg moments.

eventually the revenue drop will determine when he goes. just depends how quickly it drops. not sure how much effect the investors, sponsors and possibly FFP will have in forcing that decision through.

just have to suffer through it

12. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nchester-United-bankrolled-Arab-oil-cash.html

So MUST are apparently backing this.

Proves my point: so obsessed with Glazer, lost sight of everything else.

If this was simply a backed by some random rich guy who happened to come from the middle east, no problem.

The Qatari royal family though? That's a group that has signed off on laws that effectively put migrant workers into indentured servitude. They are complicit in a modern human rights disaster.

I would have to strongly consider whether to remain a United fan if this happened.

topnoevili, tscboys and benni... repped this.
  13. lynne

lynne Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Yeah, I'm grossed out by the servile women when "Fly Emerites" is on display. Don't think I'd want to see it weekly.

14. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    As distasteful as that may be, I'm more concerned about the Nepalese guy currently in Qatar, being paid a pittance having had the contract he originally signed torn up as soon as his plane landed, being forced to sleep and live in squalid conditions, being worked to the point of exhaustion in dangerous working conditions, having no recourse under law and worst of all, being effectively trapped due to the Qatari government denying him an exit visa.

It's a terrible situation that I was sadly ignorant to until Qatar got awarded the 2022 world cup. Another example of how the Premiership does a woeful job of limiting which groups or individuals can own football clubs.

I recently quipped about Citeh (because Mansour with his government position is also complicit in these situations) "City, Kids, Wife, Basic Human Rights in that order".

But hey MUST, what's thousands of abused migrant workers as long as we get Glazer out? F*cking twatz.

15. lynne

lynne Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Or millions of women and girls.

16. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
  17. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Yes and no. At the moment we have a lot of experienced players approaching the end of their contracts. These players are traditionally on high wages when you factor in basic pay, bonuses and any incremental increases throughout the contract. Plus over the last couple of seasons we have added established players like Kagawa, Van Persie, Fellaini and Mata. You can then throw Rooney's ludicrous raise into the mix.

jeff070 repped this.
  18. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    What is sad is comparing those high wages to the quality of the players we have.

Drae and Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10 repped this.
  19. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    and given our need for quality injection into the side it probably only gets worse from here on

20. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    I assume were raising our pay structure. Just a guess. Eve with some of the dropped wages.

Otherwise this alleged war chest is pointless. We won't be able to pay Reus, Kroos or Gundogan, plus a left back and starting CB each between. The 80-150k mark. There are probably more.

If we sign carvalho I assume it would be on relatively low wages. Less than Young.

21. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    if Young is actually on the £115k or whatever 6 figures it is then a lot of peoplewe might sign would be on less.

even Welbeck is still on £60k iirc

22. tscboys

tscboys Member+

Sep 7, 2004
    Tulsa
    Young should be gone simply for the wages, it also helps that he is a shit footballer. Probably one of Sir Alex's worst 'bigger' signings. How the hell did he have so much bargaining power to get 115k? He's a 60-80k player at best.

23. Drae

Drae Member+

Jun 26, 2006
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Wages are only going to get worse. We will need to pay 10-20% Moyes / No CL tax for all the new players Moyes will need.

24. Cevno

Cevno Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Shifting.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Whatever Young is on 60k to 115k everything been bandied around, he needs to go.

So will Rio, Vidic, Evra, Giggs as things stand and then a few more probably like Cheech etc....

So wages will be freed up too. If Moyes assuming he isn't sacked, develops some balls from somewhere then he should probably move one of Rooney or RVP on as well frankly and invest elsewhere as SAF seemed to have planned with Rooney.

25. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    I have a feeling Rooney was signed so he doesn't leave on a cut price deal in the summer. He may last another summer or until he breaks the record and then leave.