Quakes vs. LA On Fox Sports World - Official Viewing Party At Alamaden Brit

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by San Jose Earthquakes, Oct 30, 2003.

1. San Jose Earthquakes

Sep 27, 2002
    San Jose
    The San Jose Earthquakes vs. Los Angeles Galaxy Saturday, November 1 first round playoff game will be broadcast live on Fox Sports World, HDNet, and Talk 910 AM KNEW.

The Earthquakes are also hosting an official team viewing party at the Britannia Arms in Almaden. Hope to see everyone there to support the Quakes!

2. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
    As sjqf mentioned in the pregame thread, Club Quake is also apparently having a viewing party at the Downtown SJ Britannia Arms, and there's a separate thread about a viewing party for SF fans at the Kezar Pub.

Figured I'd sticky this for a while.

3. helmet

helmet New Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Jose
    Remember that the Brit is a sponsor for both the Earthquakes and Club Quake, so if you are waivering about going you should favor patronizing either one of these fine establishments. Club Quake members get 20% off food at both locations.

There will be Club Quake folks at both locations. Make sure to wear your colors and Club Quake scarves at either location.

4. cristoforo7

cristoforo7 New Member

May 14, 2003
    Do any of the Brits have high definition television set ups?

If so, are any of them able to show HDNet?

5. helmet

helmet New Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Jose
    Negative. HDNet announced their deal w/ MLS after the downtown brit had purchased it's tvs and subscriptions.

6. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow! What a decision. SF is closest in travel distance (providing the traffic's okay) and the DT and Almaden Brits are about equidistant with maybe a slight edge to the downtown location. Then, of course, I do favor the Almaden's speaker system at playoff time. Really a hard decision to make. :D

7. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that speaker system is afraid of you by now. :p

Think of me as being there in spirit, all. If I'm lucky, I might be able to pick up the webcast via KNEW-910 while I'm in Geelong.

8. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No Sharks game at home (though they are playing Florida on the road) so would have been perfect--having been there and done that at the Almaden and Downtown Brits it would have been fun had it not been for some partying going on in San Fran at the same time.

Come to Kezar and maybe we can smack their speaker system. :D Take BART to anywhere downtown and then hop on the N-Judah rail and it's a short walk. You can drink all you can and then try to make it home by 11:00 pm. cheers!

9. cmosso

cmosso New Member

Oct 31, 2003
    San Jose
    Does anyone get Fox Sports World...

Does anyone get Fox Sports World through Comcast Cable in San Jose??? I have a digital silver subscription, and get loads of channels, but no Fox Sports World!!!! :( I'm wondering if anyone has requested successfully to add this channel to their package, and how much does it cost per month???

Thanks in advance.

10. europa1057

europa1057 New Member

Jul 24, 2002
    California
    I called earlier this week about adding FSW to my lineup. They gave me the "It's $4.95 extra" spiel, but then I asked if there were any promotions. Turns out there were, so I am getting the upgrade free for three months, then .99 cents a month for several more months. Why didn't I do this at the beginning of the season?? :) I'm in Los Altos on Comcast, but it's probably similar to the San Jose deals.

11. cmosso

cmosso New Member

Oct 31, 2003
    San Jose
    AWESOME!!

Thanks soooooooooooo much for the info! I just called and had it switched on!!!! ALRIGHT!!!! Free for 3 months, .99/month for the rest of the year. I can't thank you enough for the info. Now I can watch the MLS playoffs! especially Game 1 of the Quakes! Woohoo!

:)

12. samee556

samee556 New Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Are they showing it at the Cupertino Brit?

13. Quaker

Quaker Member+

FC Dallas
    Apr 19, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've found that they know what they're going to be showing if you call. Phone numbers are on their web site:

http://www.britanniaarms.com

14. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not going to be able to get this job done in time so that I can get down there. Everyone who'll be there - Enjoy the best game of the year. -- Go Earthquakes, kick LA Butt!!!!!!