Quakes vs. CD Aguila

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by markmcf8, Sep 7, 2009.

1. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tuesday, September 8th, 7:30 p.m. at Buck Shaw Stadium

I know that this is just friendly, but what sort of crowd are we expecting? I imagine that there will be some Ultras there. Will folks be drinking at Mondo Burrito before the match? I'm in town and hope hoist a pint with whoever is going to this one.

Go Quakes!! :eek:

- Mark

2. QuakeFrank21

QuakeFrank21 New Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Tuesday night game eh..... probably not that many. Im thinking about going.

3. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Crowds will probably be small, but lively. These little matches usually are. I unfortunately will not be there. My next game won't be til Chivas next month down at HDC.

4. futbol monkey

futbol monkey Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I expect the same. The liveliness will be supplied by the visiting fans since that was the case when we played FAS last year.

5. proud smurf

proud smurf Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Uranus
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    actually expect smaller crowds than last year against FAS, I was suposse to bring a group of 15- 20 salvadorians, all of them cancel because neither Alvares or Sanchez wil be playing (nats duty), and is more likely Aguila plays with their second team (4 of their top players have also Nats duty).

Still, a good opportunity to recruit new Quakes fans

GO QUAKES !

6. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the replies. I'm looking forward to drinking with Quakes fans and seeing some of our backups that we don't usually see. Of course, that almost certainly means Elliott will be in the center of the pitch. But, I should get a chance to see Fabio and Pitch, so that will be nice. Oh and we should expect to see Ribeiro again yes? And Webber and or Graczyk in goal?

Should be fun!

Go Quakes! :eek:

- Mark

7. proud smurf

proud smurf Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Uranus
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Posted By Center Line Soccer

8. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see that Centerline also say:

Great! :rolleyes:

Why did we sign this guy again?

If he was just for depth, and we are happy with him as a backup, and if he's cheap enough ... But why not look for a much younger player with some upside. It's like I said when we first signed this guy. He has to be good now. So here we are looking at a guy and thinking that this upcoming friendly is a "make or break game" for him? Really?! I hope not. I hope that he's good and that we're all loving his play this time next season. I'd love to see lots of posters say: "Picking up Fabio was great! He brought organization and calmness to our backline that we desperately needed."

<Kevin Klein in "A Fish called Wanda> Disappointed! Very, very disappointed!</KK>

Oh well. I'm going to get to see my Quakes live!! I should be pumped.

- Mark

9. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Elliott won't be there. Jordan vs. New Zealand on Wednesday.

10. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Excellent!!

Oh, where can I park my car? Can I park at the Quakes offices?

- MCF

11. San Jose Ultras

San Jose Ultras New Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Richmond, CA
    Official meeting time is 6 PM at Mondo. See you there!

12. KMJvet

KMJvet BigSoccer Supporter

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't make much sense for this to be de Silva's make or break game unless he has a very weird contract. I think it also doesn't make sense if his issue is "speed of the game" to expect him to adjust to that without several games unless he's played before in a faster speed of play league and he's really just re-adjusting instead of adjusting. Not to mention, it's not going to have the speed of play of an MLS game anyway.

13. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope that you are right. In any case, I'll get a good look at Fabio this evening. He's wearing number 5.

It will be good to see how decent Roberts is too. Hopefully, he's good enough to be a backup. If not, we've been wasting time and money on a useless player.

I am so looking forward to this. See you at Mondo at 6:00!

- Mark

14. QuakeAttack

QuakeAttack Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    California - Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We will be at the game, but will be late (kid's practice) and leave early (school night). Should be fun...

15. nivla

nivla Member+

Jan 17, 2003
    Milpitas
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I will be there tonight. It's great to have the long weekend, come back and work during the day and then be able to watch the Quakes at night. Then 3 more days to go before the weekend comes again.

16. NedZ

NedZ Member+

May 19, 2001
    Los Gatos
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Mark,
    If you are going to still be in town Friday you might be able to view the Soccer Legacy collection (or even help work on cataloguing some items there) at the History San Jose Collection center. Dorothy Morton will be there as a volunteer that day. She will be at the game tonight. If you are interested find her or Don Gagliardi tonight at the game.

17. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ned, I'm outta here on Thursday evening so I can catch a Timbers match on Friday. Sorry.

I'm really looking forward to tonight!

- Mark

18. staudio

staudio Member+

Mar 7, 2008
    Marin
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    about to head out the door.....looking forward to seeing the Quakes in action even though its just a friendly....having close to a 3-weel MLS break is a bit much...

19. OriginalQuakesGal

Oct 4, 2004
    San Jose/Portland
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mark, I'll look for you tonight, but I don't know what you look like! I sit in 108 row 12, near isle.
    Grey hair. Just a reminder, I live near Portland now and supported the Timbers return to MLS! Don't get excited everyone, I'm forever a Quakes fan!

Dorothy

20. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't forget to update the scores for us

21. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm here. Small crowd. The Ultras look and sound good, and there are a few packs of Aguila fans scattered around.

Game not very good so far (about 20 minutes in) -- fast paced but the teeny field is preventing good offensive play from either team. Lots of backpasses. And the ref is Jair Marrufo who recently was relieved of his MLS duties. No "Ref You Suck" chant yet but you know it's just a matter of time.

22. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    From the Match Tracker:
    "SJ -17th Minute. Shot by 12-Ramiro Corrales, 1st of match. Result: High"

How unusual!

23. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Halftime, no score. The game has been more entertaining than I thought it would be, for two teams that are playing their scrubs. Quakes have had the better chances -- a few nice crosses which got botched by whomever was on the receiving end.

I don't see anyone on Aguila that we can use -- not surprising since their better players are either not playing or with their national team. #16 for them is fast and hustles a lot, but he's small and we already have a player like that.

24. oofinalheavenoo

Oct 30, 2006
    Daly City, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Live update from the game! You are awesome! LOL! Its amazing how far Blackberry have come.

25. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    iPhone, not Blackberry. :)

2nd half subs -- Salinas for Amarikwa and Leitch for, um, Roberts, I think. Salinas managed to get a yellow immediately after the half started, before the scoreboard clock had even started. I think he was sprinting down the sideline and knocked someone over.