Quakes section at Mexico/Ecuador

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by ggayle, Feb 24, 2007.

1. ggayle

ggayle Member

May 4, 1999
    Oaktown, CA, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wanted to create a thread seperate from the other Mex/Ecuador thread to discuss ideas, displays, chants, songs, etc. for the game itself. Please keep this thread focused on this only.

That said...
    I've been chatting with Ann Rodriguez about what we can and cannot bring in. So far we have...

Yes:
    Limited streamers (I think this is more about clean up than danger...see confetti)
    Drums
    The BAQF
    Banners (we will need to get in early to hang them, but that's being worked out)

No:
    confetti (again I think this is about not wanting to have to clean it all up afterwards)

Waiting on an answer:
    Regular sized flags on poles or sticks (I'm really hoping to get this one to be a "yes")

I asked the all the stuff that the A's bleacher fans got to do during games, we be allowed to do.
    Also, I've been told that the idea is to have our ENTIRE section involved in this. Make sure you bring your lungs.

I need to ask if we'll be allowed to stand for this game. To be honest I'm a little reluctant about standing for several reasons. The biggest being our section location (blocking the view for a game that the Quakes aren't on the field for). Nonetheless if you don't want to stand, we will make space for you in the front rows of the section...you better sing though. :) Ironically enough, I might not be able to stand anyway (I'm having a problem with my right knee...again).

Anyway, throw some ideas here. I'll keep checking back.

Guy

p.s. I'm sure without asking that flares and smoke aren't allowed.

2. smpfi65

smpfi65 New Member

Jun 18, 2004
    BySoLeDaDsTaTePriSoN
    At what point in time should the wave begin or do we leave it to the mexican public and let them get the credit :mad: cause I'm sure that they'll want to do it themselves, I think OUR section should be the one who gets the CREDIT first, so why not us ? We can do it before any of the two teams score so that way people will notice that we're not rooting for neither team :D

3. smpfi65

smpfi65 New Member

Jun 18, 2004
    BySoLeDaDsTaTePriSoN
    No flares or smokes allowed ! ! ! :( gee and I was about to bring my LAAW weapon :D

4. proud smurf

proud smurf Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Uranus
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sizes ?

5. ggayle

ggayle Member

May 4, 1999
    Oaktown, CA, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let me know what size you want to make it, and I'll be glad to ask. A set size wasn't given.

6. Turcs

Turcs Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Wake Forest, NC
    Hi everyone,

I have 2 (possibly 3) tickets available for the CQ section at the game. SSV may be doing double-duty upstairs that evening. I have 2, Ned has one.

If you are interested, PM me this week.

Mike

7. smpfi65

smpfi65 New Member

Jun 18, 2004
    BySoLeDaDsTaTePriSoN
    Hey Turcs I just e-mailed you I'm very interested in those 3 or 2 tickets :)

8. smpfi65

smpfi65 New Member

Jun 18, 2004
    BySoLeDaDsTaTePriSoN
    Hey Guy I just finished making a banner the size of a queen size sheet but I was wondering if you can give me an idea as to what to use for clamping it down on the sidelines. I was thinking about maybe using clamps but I wasn't to sure how thick the post on the sidelines are built at the coliseum cause I've only been there twice. Let me know ok .......... I appreciate that man :cool:

9. DotMPP

DotMPP 'Quakes fan in Stumptown

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 29, 2004
    SE Portland, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No man should be without it...

Duct Tape

10. smpfi65

smpfi65 New Member

Jun 18, 2004
    BySoLeDaDsTaTePriSoN

Well then I guess it sounds like a plan for Mr. Duct tape then DotMPP ;) I really didn't want to do it that way but I'll have to deal with it like that. By the way anybody's received their tickets yet for the game ? they were supposed to be coming in the mail sometime this week. :eek:

11. DotMPP

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 29, 2004
    SE Portland, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That suggestion was tongue in cheek.

I can think of other ways involving quick ties, but you would need to do a little prep on the sheet to insure you don't wreck it before it even goes up.

(Stitch on loops, or put a few button holes in if you have access to a sewing machine. Put grommets in too, you would have to fold over an inch or so to get a double thick swatch on which to crimp the grommet)

12. ggayle

ggayle Member

May 4, 1999
    Oaktown, CA, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DotMPP's got the right idea. Duct tape works, but stadium crews hate it and might not let you use it because it leaves a sticky mess.
    If it's gonna be a one time banner, pop some holes in the top, and use either zip-ties (just make sure you have a way to cut them off after the game) or small bungee ties (you can find these at any Home Depot).

You can go to most banner places and have grommets put on for cheap.

ETA: I'm likely meeting with the Quakes staff next week to discuss the set up, so if you got any more ideas, speak up now.

13. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just got my two tickets in the mail. See youze guys dere. :)

14. NedZ

NedZ Member+

May 19, 2001
    Los Gatos
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
  15. DotMPP

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 29, 2004
    SE Portland, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got my ticket and will be ready for tail gating and have another idea about banner attachments. Use velcro. You can get it in rolls at crafts places like Michels. Follow the same plan as zip ties, but no need to pack tools that could frighten security people.

16. doktordan

doktordan New Member

Jan 23, 2007
    Oakland, CA
    I don't think standing will be a problem, at least for those in section 122 (the one that sold out).

We are going to be sitting in the back half, with no one behind us but the food stands. As for those in adjacent sections, the only time we will block their view is when the ball is in the north corner (think left field foul pole), due to the field layout.

17. leocal11

leocal11 Member+

Feb 7, 2005
    San Francisco
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    got my ticket!

18. Openthegate

Openthegate Member

Nov 29, 2003
    Fremont CA
    Here's my two cents on where we should tailgate...how 'bout the north lot close to the bathrooms...Keyword: BATHROOMS!

19. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    F**k Mexico

20. leocal11

leocal11 Member+

Feb 7, 2005
    San Francisco
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. smpfi65

smpfi65 New Member

Jun 18, 2004
    BySoLeDaDsTaTePriSoN

I don't blame you .......... they enjoy that trash talking and act so arrogant especially the coach ! ! ! :mad:

22. smpfi65

smpfi65 New Member

Jun 18, 2004
    BySoLeDaDsTaTePriSoN
    Has anyone heard of which section of the parking lot we're going to be throwing the Quakes tailgate :confused:

23. chowhog99

chowhog99 Member

Sep 26, 2002
    Pass the Tissues
    Make sure you put that on a Tshirt and that you aren't sitting near me.
    Just let us know where you will be sitting (if you live that long) so we can enjoy the show. May even be better than the game....

24. ggayle

ggayle Member

May 4, 1999
    Oaktown, CA, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's in Philly, so it won't be a problem.

You're still in Philly, right? ;)
    Michelle and Pat (from the Club Quake board) and I met with Ann of QuakesLLC last night. Details on the tailgate will be coming very soon. Bathrooms are a part of the equation.

One thing of note parking is gonna be $20! Carpool or BART if you can. Parking lot will open at 3:00 pm.

Smaller flags with flagpoles are allowed! Contact me off BigSoccer (you can e-mail me by clicking on my username) if you plan on bringing any for details.

Any banners will be set up ahead of the stadium gates opening (6:30 pm), this will allow us to get maximum premium space ahead of time. Details concerning the timing of this coming soon.

Oh yeah, the game (limited seating capacity, so no Mt. Davis seats) is sold out.

25. bluenblack

bluenblack New Member

Jul 15, 2005
    San Leandro, CA
    Ok, here is my situation for the match: I am bringing my family and they are all Mexico supporters. Yeah, I said it! Anyhow, they will most likely not be wearing Quake blue (I will, of course!) and they do not know any of the Quake's songs.

What is the likelihood of my 60-something mom being booed or spat upon or have a chair thrown at her? Will there be any sort of problem? In retrospect, I should have bought non-Quake's section tix for the family but I foolishly did not think ahead. I just noticed the great pricing and bought the tickets. Hell, if Mexico loses, I think the behavior in the Quake's section will be the best in the park!