Quakes/cRapids (6/29/05) inmatch/postmatch [R]

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by BlueMeanie, Jun 29, 2005.

1. living_ded_boy

living_ded_boy New Member

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

They are comfortable.......but they don't hold up well.

2. Californiaspurs

Californiaspurs New Member

Dec 22, 1999
    Santa Clara County
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Quakes vs Rapids (6/29/05) postmatch

Photo of the build-up to the goal that won the match for the San Jose Earthquakes, courtesy three Bridgeport brews and a Canon Powershot somebody gave me coz it was only two pixels.

Yoo Quakes!

3. KMJvet

KMJvet BigSoccer Supporter

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess it's be thankful for passive offside.

4. yalpstel

yalpstel Member

Oct 12, 2000
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speaking of passive offside, take a look at this:

http://www.fifa.com/en/news/feature/0,1451,107252,00.html

Especially look at the flash animations (that's the only way I could really understand :eek: ).

This may not be the right thread to discuss this, but is there anything different in the way refs will be making calls during this championship game?

5. FAS

FAS Member

Jun 5, 1999
    Los Gatos
    Not sure, i like this interpretation. There was one situation where a player (player A) was obvoiusly offside but not played the ball, with the ball played to the other side of the box. I think this player definately would affect the play by keeping the keeper on the goal line instead of being able to shut down the angle on player B.

They just need to do a better job of hiring sharp, quick liesmen instead of changing the rules. The laws of the game are fine, its just the people that are calling it that have problems. In this dqay and age should not be too hard to get technology to help without being like the NFL and holding the game up for another 10 minutes of ads.

6. yalpstel

yalpstel Member

Oct 12, 2000
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know which animation you're talking about...crazy eh?

Agree with you completely about hiring and training sharp refs. To me, these new offside rules would seem to make the linesman's job complicated as now they have way too many more people to look at and things to look for. :rolleyes:

What's just as questionable is giving a card for touching the ball by any team member of a player who commits a foul including the foul committing player himself. Could you imagine being red-carded out of a game because of touching the ball after a foul? Sometimes emotion over rules and especially when a perceived bad call is made...a player is frustrated and gives the ball a push, but now these players can be carded for that?

Morocco had a player ejected for two yellows. I wonder if this rule had anything to do with it?

7. FAS

FAS Member

Jun 5, 1999
    Los Gatos
    I don't like that rule either, could see a lot of controversy from it. I would like to see them add goal line cameras though.