QPR v. Plymouth Argyle (D2 -- Matchday 18) [R]

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Atouk, Nov 14, 2003.

1. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. Plymouth Argyle, 17 GP, 8-6-2, +18 GD, 31 Points
    2. QPR, 17 GP, 8-6-2, +15 GD, 31 Points
    ------
    15 November
    Loftus Road
    ------

Rangers News

No Furlong or Rose. Shittu may be available for the bench. No real injury news on the official site, but I think everyone else is pretty much fit.

The Opponent

They're top; we want to be.

Their last two matches have seen them exit the FA Cup and the LDV. They lost 2-3 at Northampton in the FAC and went out on penalties after a 2-2 draw with Wycombe in the LDV.

Their recent league form is much better, however, but they seem to have cooled a bit in their last two:
    1/11 H Oldham D 2-2
    25/10 H Blackpool W 1-0
    22/10 A Sheffield Wednesday W 3-1
    18/10 A Port Vale W 5-1
    11/10 H Tranmere W 6-0

The Referee

Trevor Parkes will officiate. He's worked 15 matches, handing out 46 yellows and 2 reds this season -- 3 D1, 4 D2, 5 D3, 2 LC, 1 FAC. He hasn't worked a QPR match this season or last. He refereed two QPR matches in 01/02, a 0-2 away loss to Bristol City and a 0-0 home draw with Chesterfield.

2. art

art Member

Jul 2, 2000
    Portland OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    QPR

Chris Day
    Richard Edghill
    Terrell Forbes
    Clarke Carlisle
    Gino Padula
    Martin Rowlands
    Marcus Bean
    Marc Bircham
    Kevin McLeod
    Tony Thorpe
    Kevin Gallen

Steve Palmer
    Gareth Ainsworth
    Eric Sabin
    Dan Shittu
    Richard Pacquette

3. art

art Member

Jul 2, 2000
    Portland OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Plymouth

Luke McCormick
    David Worrell
    Graham Coughlan
    Paul Wotton
    Lee Hodges
    David Norris
    Steve Adams
    Jason Bent
    Peter Gilbert
    Micky Evans
    Ian Stonebridge

Nathan Lowndes
    Marino Keith
    Martin Phillips
    Tony Capaldi
    Hasney Aljofree

4. art

art Member

Jul 2, 2000
    Portland OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Birch and Rowlands in the lineup afterall.

Several early chances for both sides, terrific pace.

5. art

art Member

Jul 2, 2000
    Portland OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pressure from the Rs now, several corners thus far...not taken well. Kenny Jackett's pissed I suspect.

6. art

art Member

Jul 2, 2000
    Portland OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rs have most of the posession now. Padula and Rowlands mentioned alot in commentary.

7. art

art Member

Jul 2, 2000
    Portland OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Free Kick- Edgehill. again not taken well. The tempo is starting to flag a bit. Still most of the posession by the R's though; Gallen and Thorpe have both missed decent chances.

8. art

art Member

Jul 2, 2000
    Portland OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GGOOOAAALL!!! Gallen from a free kick.

QPR 1-0 Plymouth

9. art

art Member

Jul 2, 2000
    Portland OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The atmosphere in the stadium has definately picked up now, though I must say the Brentford mid-week game sounded louder to my ears.

10. art

art Member

Jul 2, 2000
    Portland OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oooh...Rowlands almost scores again, it's all QPR at the moment.

11. art

art Member

Jul 2, 2000
    Portland OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HT

QPR 1-0 Plymouth

Gallen the scorer, at 33' ish off a free kick.

12. art

art Member

Jul 2, 2000
    Portland OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gotta scoot, no 2nd half commentary from me sorry. The old ball and cha.....er, the always right and perfect and beautiful love of my life wants to go furniture shopping. Ech. The sacrifices I make....actually I just want to make sure she doesen't buy THAT couch she had her eye on last time. Haha.

13. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    QPR 3, Plymouth Argyle 0, FT.

We. Are. Top o' the league.

14. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gallen, Thorpe, Gallen; 3-0 -- great result.
    17,049 at Loftus Road -- great crowd.

Can't wait to get to Loftus Road on the 29th!

15. art

art Member

Jul 2, 2000
    Portland OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Goddammit, what a half I missed. She didnt get the couch though. Nice couch, but it's a full-size sleeper and she wanted to put it upstairs. I would sooner be boiled in monkey semen than move that up and down a flight of stairs.

16. Californiaspurs

Californiaspurs New Member

Dec 22, 1999
    Santa Clara County
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Great result

Wow... that was impressive. 3-0 over the Pilgrims.

Looks like an 11,000 mile round trip to Cardiff Millennium won't become a ritual pilgrimage for me the way things might be going... dare I tempt fate... automatic p-p-p-p-promotion - there, I said it, now let the Gods do their worst.

I think it's Swindon next, then two supposed pre-season favourites for promotion: Seagulls and Owls, both of whom seem to have lost the will to fly at the moment - so what were two tough games look very winnable now.

Nice big crowd today apparently - the only league game in the Smoke, plus the two top teams, so it was a good earner for the club.

Sorry to read about the hooliganism - I've never associated QPR with it, unlike Chelsea and, sorry to say, Spurs.

With the punch up today and the episodes at Grimsby, and the Man City cup match, the club, which has a terrific image in the eyes of the outside world (those that know the club) is now getting a bad rep in the public eye, which is unfortunate. I hope the club can do something before they get into trouble with the authorities. Fines and points deducted are the last thing The Rs need right now.

I'm wearing me Guinness Hoops shirt to the England rubgy at the pub tonight - looks kinda like a rugby shirt and then people will read the QPR badge - the subtle advertising continues...........

One down (QPR winning) and three to go - I need wins from the Earthquakes here in Cali, and England wins in the footie and rugby world cup semi.

Yooooooooooooooooooo Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr's!

17. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    One of my best ever days in Shepherds Bush. Plenty of comments and pictures to come when I have a chance - bedtime now though.

18. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  19. Californiaspurs

Californiaspurs New Member

Dec 22, 1999
    Santa Clara County
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Looks like I jumped the gun - I thought it was an arranged "off" by rival firms of both clubs.

Looks like it was just a Plymouth firm. Shame on them, 'coz their away support seems phenomenal but marred by a minority of throwback knuckledraggers.

I just wonder: if the police knew so much about the existence and whereabouts of this Plymouth mob, how is that they were allowed to do what they did?

Anyway, main thing is the right team won and it sounded like an emotional, glorious day for Hoops fans over there.

A Quakes victory in the MLS semi-final achieved as well, and now #3: the England-France rugby semi. Long night ahead!

20. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    An extended highlights package is now up on QPR World -- 10:30 of action from the match. Excellent stuff! Quite a nice free-kick first goal from Gallen. Thorpe made 'em pay the price for a poor clearance on the second. You've got to love that about Thorpe -- he will take advantage of your errors. Nicely played ball from Forbes on the last goal and a sweet, sweet finish from Gallen.

What an atmosphere at the match too. I can't wait to get there for the Sheffield Wednesday match. Hopefully they'll bring a big group down and we'll have one heckuva day.

Any more thoughts on the match, Kevin?