QPR Summer 2012 Transfer News/Rumours

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR Kevin H, May 16, 2012.

1. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Too soon? :)

Saw this on the Guardian site the other day...
    Some of those outs will be pretty obvious. Other's will be intriguing -- including Player of the Season Clint Hill. Rumor has him re-joining Warnock and moving to Leeds. But hasn't he shown that he's capable of defending in the Premier League?

Jamie Mackey has already signed an extention...
    http://www.qpr.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10373~2773211,00.html

Atouk repped this.
  2. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not too soon! :thumbsup: I was just coming here to create the thread because of the Mackie signing!

This report says Akos Buzsaky will be offered a new deal and this one says Clint Hill is in "preliminary talks" about a new deal to keep him in W12.

QPR Kevin H repped this.
  3. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. RobMac330

RobMac330 Member

May 20, 2012
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    I think Hill and Mackie are the necessary signings from the Championship days, as well as locking down Balanta, Harriman, Lennox, Parmenter, and Andrade. Names I've also read on one of the transfer rumor sites are Michael Ballack, Alessandro del Piero, Kenwyne Jones. I find Jones to be the most appealing, and think that paying for the other 2 could be better spent on younger talent.

5. tyler storm

tyler storm Red Card

May 20, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hope they at least sign Helguson for another year or F.Hall

they were pretty crucial parts of the team, maybe not so much this past season but def in the championship days.

K.Jones looks like a good pickup out of the 3 mentioned. They should see if they can pick up that Kenny Rhodes kid or another good forward from abroad unless they will be getting more $ in the transfer budget to pick up Spanish or Dutch talent

6. tyler storm

tyler storm Red Card

May 20, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    looks like they are set to sign Robert Green of West Ham

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2146741/QPR-want-Robert-Green.html

7. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...on the other hand, it looks like newly promoted West Ham will be working hard to keep him:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18137206

"West Ham's joint-chairman David Gold believes goalkeeper Robert Green will stay at Upton Park after the club gained promotion to the Premier League."
    "One of the first negotiations that will take place will be with Robert Green," he told BBC Sportsday.

"He is a world-class goalkeeper and his salary would be commensurate with that, but now that we are in the Premier League we can sit down with him.

"I am confident that we can keep Robert."
    "There was no way we could keep Robert in the Championship in the second year after relegation by paying him his value," he said.

8. RobMac330

RobMac330 Member

May 20, 2012
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Offers have gone out to Hill, Buzsaky, and Cerny while most of the other Championship boys have been given free's to leave.

http://www.qpr.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10373~2778621,00.html

I think keeper is priority numero uno, especially after reading that Kenny is set to re-join Warnock at Leeds next season.

9. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. Dyer has signed a new one-year deal? Hopefully it's heavily incentive laden -- you get paid if you play. A quick look at his stats reveals he has started 19 total games over the past 5 seasons! He started just one for us and finished none. :(

10. RobMac330

RobMac330 Member

May 20, 2012
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Where does everyone think the biggest needs lie in the summer window?

Based on this season's stats, and taking into consideration some ongoing transfer chatter that seems legitimate, here's how I see next season's Starting XI (the fantasy owner in me wants to go with a 4-3-3, but realistically I think it will be a 4-4-2):

GK: Cerny for now, but thinking it will be a transfer in (assuming Kenny makes the move to Leeds)
    DF: Taiwo, Onuoha, Young, Ferdinand
    MF: Taarabt, Wright-Philips, Derry, Faurlin (Notice I left Barton off, I think a 9+ match ban sees him on the first double-decker bus out of West London)
    FW: Zamora, Cissé
    Key Subs: Mackie, Hill, Helguson, Buzsaky

Outside of finding a true Premier League caliber keeper (I'm really hoping the Robert Green rumours prove to be true), or somehow pulling of a deal to get Berbatov or Tevez to add a true #9 up front, I see the biggest weakness being in the midfield, especially if Barton is shown the door. Another solid center back wouldn't hurt either

11. RobMac330

RobMac330 Member

May 20, 2012
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Saw these two bits in the UK papers today:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/qpr-set-to-make-5m-swoop-842947

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...Given-and-Robert-Green-top-of-their-list.html

The prospect of Moses and Given are interesting, and Shay would be a huge step up from Cerny or Green

12. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  13. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  14. RobMac330

RobMac330 Member

May 20, 2012
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    I think this is the biggest quote out of that Herald article:

PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE let that happen!

15. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't really have a problem with the new shirts. Then again, I rarely do have strong feelings about 'em. I'm not sure about that collar, but I think the rest of the home shirt looks sharp.

16. tyler storm

tyler storm Red Card

May 20, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hope they go after Given so fellow Yank Guzman gets the top job at Villa. He deserves it , he did a good job while Given was injured. If not then I guess he will fit in well in the lower division

17. JJxvi

JJxvi Member

Dec 16, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Guzan left the club and is available on a free.

18. RobMac330

RobMac330 Member

May 20, 2012
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
  19. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "There are rules of conduct that should be adhered to, and such behaviour tarnishes the image of football in this country, particularly as this match was the pinnacle of the domestic season and watched by millions around the globe."

Sure, more people saw it. However, I hope that factor did not impact the length of the suspension. Every game is of equal value in that regard -- you don't play by different rules in a big game and you shouldn't be treated any differently if you break the rules in a big game.

20. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    He deserves everything they gave him. And I don't see how we'll offload him, unless he pulls one of his 'I'm so magnanimous' stunts and let's the club tear up his contract. Then goes for free in January.

21. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't disagree. However, I think they should have left out any hint that they cared whether it was this game or QPR v. Bolton on Day 1.

22. RobMac330

RobMac330 Member

May 20, 2012
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Steve Nichol on Press Pass today:

Atouk repped this.
  23. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/lo...-close-in-on-midfielder-swoop-82029-31037566/

"QPR are set to rush through the permanent £3.2m signing of Samba Diakité after clubs were alerted last night to a possible loophole in his loan deal with Hoops."

"Back in France it is understood one of the clauses that triggered an automatic €4million (£3.2m) transfer was a minimum number of games for Rs believed to be 10. The man who plays internationally for Mali made only nine appearances in a Rangers shirt after a virus cut short his season."

24. tyler storm

tyler storm Red Card

May 20, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    uh oh that doesn't sound too good lol

25. RobMac330

RobMac330 Member

May 20, 2012
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    A few interesting bits from the last couple of days:

The Times on Tottenham's Jermaine Jenas:
    Talk Sport on ManU's Fabio:
    Now just to see if I can get an answer from Michael Ballack when he visits work next week!