QPR Offseason Transfer News & Rumors ('08-'09!)

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR Kevin H, May 5, 2008.

1. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    20-year-old midfielder Emmanuel Jorge Ledesma (Argentinean with an Italian passport) has joined QPR from Genoa on a one-year loan. The R's hold an option to buy him for 3 million Euros after the season. The story says we've beaten off competition from several Serie A clubs to sign him and that Briatore's contacts helped us do the deal.

Dowie says "he's one for the future, but technically he's ready now."

http://www.qpr.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10373~1334903,00.html

2. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Excellent - sounds good to me!

Wonder if he's any relation to Christian Ledesma? A very good midfielder who plays for Olympiacos and has played a few times for Argentina.

3. MetroAnt

MetroAnt New Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting. Wonder how much playing time he will see. This season can't start soon enough. :)

4. Elivs

Elivs New Member

May 3, 2008
    QPR has a Football Team. wow

5. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  6. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another season-long loan from an Italian club... this time, it's 19-year-old forward Samuel Di Carmini from Fiorentina.

There's no doubt these loans are of a better class of little-known foreign player (Czerkas, Kus, Ukah, Youssouf, Tchakounte) than Paladini procured (on a much tighter budget) for previous R's managers, but you've got to wonder if, despite his kind words, this is the route Dowie would choose to build a team for promotion from the Championship.

7. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Well, in fairness to Gianni (and Dowie) - they might know from previously promoted clubs that you essentially need a completely different squad once you actually go up (although I realize that's getting way ahead of ourselves!)

Plus, Italian clubs might be quite willing to sell their guys to a Premier League club - for Premier League cash once that point comes.

8. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It just seems like we may be getting one-year loans on young guys who might be more suited to developing in the Prem than in getting us out of the Championship. I guess we'll see!

9. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Could Martin Rowlands be bound for the Premier League??

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport...nd+Geovanni+but+Pedersen+goes+home/article.do

10. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    New signing! Joe Oastler - 18 year old defender released by Portsmouth...

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/frattonlatest/Oastler-dreaming-again.4261191.jp

11. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  12. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Not directly transfer related... but Martin Rowlands has been named captain by Iain Dowie for the upcoming season.

http://www.qpr.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10373~1340917,00.html

Of course Rowly was captain last season, but could the timing have something to do with the mild transfer speculation (Hull)? Seems like Dowie and the club are sending him a clear message that they want Martin to stay and lead the squad to promotion.

13. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    The Rs transfer dealings with Blackpool regarding Kaspars Gorkss have been ham fisted to say the least. Now apparently Paladini is trying to offer Nardiello and Adam Bolder as a peace offering.

http://icealing.icnetwork.co.uk/spo...objectid=21313583&siteid=67372-name_page.html

Good old Gianni, making it up as he goes along. Should have been an easy transfer had the club gone through the proper channels with a bid.

14. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Kilburn Times reports a deal to send Danny Nardiello to Blackpool has fallen through (they've taken a loan on Watford's Steve Kabba instead) and Dowie says Nardiello may have a chance to be involved at QPR, particularly while Vine is out injured.

The same article indicates that the R's have sent Jake Cole out on a three-month loan to Oxford United.

15. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Confirmed on offish. The U's regular starter is recovering from surgery, so Jake is expected to get some time. The loan is through October 18th.

16. Bispham Seasider

Bispham Seasider New Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Bispham
    Club:
    Blackpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I don't suppose you have heard anything more about Kaspars Gorkss? It all seems to have gone very quiet again after the speculation about Nardiello and possibly Adam Bolder coming up North for Gorkss.

Gorkss hasn't been at Blackpool training pre-season. He wasn't on the tour to Latvia.

The whole saga has been odd. That statement on QPR's official site on 4th July where it was said QPR had been given permission to speak with Gorkss and that personal terms had been agreed, was mysteriously removed from the site, after Blackpool chairman Karl Oyston reckoned he hadn't given any such permission.

I saw the Kilburn Times (I think it was) said that the Nardiello deal has fallen through. Even though we have signed Steve Kabba on loan (who hopefully will score goals for us - maybe he didn't like hoofball at Watford!!) we still need at least one more striker.

Latvian media the other day reckoned that Gorkss could still be signing for QPR and that Real Madrid player Michel Selgado might also sign for QPR.

17. art

art Member

Jul 2, 2000
    Portland OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    think i read some people had seen Gorkss in training with QPR for somw time now, otherwise it seems as big a mystery to QPR people as to Blackpool people. Our front office will call your front office kind of thing. Suits and suits and in the end who has the biggest pockets which is why I'm confident Gorkss will be a QPR player sooner or later, unless of course it's just deemed to big a trouble to bother with, which seems to perhaps be your chairman's strategy, only even if you do get Gorkss back up there how do you think he'll play for you after all of it. fwiw I liked Adam Bolder, he just never had a chance with the R's with everything going on.

The mere idea of Selgado blows me away, how things have changed at Loftus Road.

18. Bispham Seasider

Bispham Seasider New Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Bispham
    Club:
    Blackpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Aye I'm sure he will end up at QPR eventually. It won't be for lack of ability for us to pay him a decent wage though. Whilst QPR clearly are now a cash-rich club, the two owners of BFC have huge wealth (they just choose not to spend too much of it on the club...!) and Valeri Belokon (Latvian club president) is rumoured to have offered Gorkss a lot of money to stay. But he seems to have chosen QPR, and I doubt he would be in the right frame of mind now if he were forced back here. It is just a pain that it isn't sorted out yet.

19. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Looks like the Gorkss deal is inching closer...

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sports-news/Seasiders-star-34training-with-QPR34.4310119.jp

20. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Some thoughts from Iain Dowie on the new overseas players at the club...

http://icealing.icnetwork.co.uk/spo...objectid=21378189&siteid=67372-name_page.html

21. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sky Sports says that QPR and Blackpool have agreed a deal to send Danny Nardiello to Blackpool (where he will sign a two-year deal). The article says the Gorkss transfer process "rumbles on," so no indication in this article that the Nardiello deal has smoothed the way for the Gorkss transfer. That said, it's hard to believe we'd agree to this transfer if their complaint to the league about Gorkss was still hanging over our head.

22. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Bit more info on the Gorkss/Nardiello scenario...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A38862246

23. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You have got to be kidding me on this latest rumor. A potential £8m deal for youngster Daniel Parejo from Real Madrid who has also "been linked" with Arsenal? You have got to be kidding me.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A38908065

Also in the article:

We're said to be "desperate" for a left winger. "After failing to agree a fee for Lee Cook, Rangers are now interested in his Fulham team-mate Hameur Bouazza, while Middlesbrough’s Adam Johnson has been Iain Dowie’s first choice for the position and remains so.

24. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Now this is the type of rediculous rumor I had been hoping for this summer!

Maybe we'll buy Parejo and loan him out to Arsenal for a season ;)

25. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sky Sports: QPR Seal Parejo Coup

Sky is reporting it as a done deal!