QF-Costa RIca vs Honduras [R] pre, post and game comments

Discussion in 'Gold Cup' started by MoRado, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    too bad CR couldn't score one more, good job none the less, I was rooting for you guys.

2. tico_sapri

tico_sapri New Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Toronto
    did honduras take there full squad :confused:

3. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I dont think they did, i think only Ivan Guerrero and the goalie are from the first team

4. IowaBoy

IowaBoy Member

Jul 23, 2003
    Des Moines
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From going back and looking at the Honduran lineup from their last WCQ match (a must-win against CR last fall), the only ones that played yesterday were:
    Coello and Guerrero (which you said), but also Maynor Figueroa and Danilo Turcios (who they addressed as Elvis Turcios).

Tyson Nunez has been a fixture for the Seleccion Nacional for several years despite falling out of favor at times.

It's definitely not a full squad as in what they'd bring for a WCQ, but I think they have several second tier younger guys who will be first teamers soon enough. Hard to know exactly since they're out of WCQ and I'd imagine they will have a hard time getting together their truly top team until the next round of WCQ for 2010. Interestingly, Amado Guevara chose not to play for Honduras and instead remain with the MetroStars.