QF 9/23 Norway vs. China [R]

Discussion in 'Women's World Cup' started by nsa, Sep 20, 2007.

1. DCUPopeAndLillyFan

Apr 20, 2000
    Colorado
    Yeah, I was shocked that Adrian and Tony never picked up on this.

Never thought about that second part, LOL :p

2. SectionX

SectionX Member

May 27, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    this match reminded me of france-scotland

scotland with 11 men in own area. Boring. Norway did the same.

3. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I finally got around to seeing some of this. I watched the first half.

Usually I find hasselhoff's comments pretty reliable, but, at least as far as the first half goes, I didn't see it this way at all I'm sorry to say.

After the group stage, I thought Norway would have a very good chance of beating Germany. Now, I don't see how they can do it unless they just picked that day (Sunday) to have their worst game.

Herlovsen's goal came completely against the run of play. Depressing.

I never did find the Norway jersey I was looking for and although they've made it this far, I don't think they can go farther without it. I couldn't even find a Norway scarf or silly hat in the last couple days. I'm worried...(!)

4. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nordby played very well. Norway needed her to.

I didn't notice this hostility from Tony DiCicco that you mention. In the earlier game, as in this one, he said he felt she wasn't as athletic as she used to be. When she came off her line and stretched up high to snag one dangerous floater, he commented how it almost looked like she came out too far and overran it. "Who needs athleticism when you have experience," he concluded.

DiCicco seems to have great respect for her calm, her positioning and her experience.

5. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    I thought that was Rob Stone who said the experience thing, right after Tony was talking about her athleticism. I could be wrong though. I'm at work and don't have the tape :)