Qatar World Cup 2022

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Team Melli forever, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Team Melli forever

Jul 11, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Congrats to Qatar! On the positive side Qatar hosting the world cup has got to the next best thing to any Middle Eastern country than actually hosting the tournament. On the negative side I wouldn't be surprised to see Qatar get humiliated since they are the weakest world cup host in history.

I just hope we don't see a desperate attempt to naturalize a ton of South Americans right before the tournament.

All in all I'm happy the ME finally gets its own World Cup.

2. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Congrats Qatar. :D

and which is the next possible year for Asian World Cup. :D

3. Team Melli forever

Jul 11, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    2034, we'll all be old by then

4. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Hells yeah.

Now we just need the big regional teams to qualify for it (KSA, Iran) + Egypt from CAF and things will be epic!

5. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    ah crap. this means there will be 4 other slots and they will go to australia, korea, japan, and saudi, with Iran knocked out due to goal difference.

6. Team Melli forever

Jul 11, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    No Asia will still keep it's 4.5 slots. FIFA decided a while ago not to penalize the host federation and instead give them one extra spot for that world cup so we'll have 5.5 spots in 2022 with Qatar taking 1.

7. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    ok. as long as we dont have daie on the sidelines we are in then.

8. Loyalty

Loyalty Member

Jun 25, 2006
    Australia
    Well done Qatar. It was only a matter of time before a Middle East country won a WC Hosting rights, but in reality how many people are going to go to a WC where every day is well over 40 degrees in temperature.

Fair dinkum, a bloke can't even have a beer to cool down in your country can he. I honestly can't see a lot of players or spectators looking forward to 2022.

9. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Beer will be served in the fanzones. as for the heat, the stadia (and fanzones?) will be cooled using solar powered airconditioners.

Fair enough it's not the most ideal host nation in the middle east, but it was the only one that can win it (other than UAE). Countries like Saudi, Iraq, Syria, and Iran could never bid to host the world cup for obvious reasons.

10. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    when I was going to Iran, the plane had a stop in Qatar.
    When we got there it was 6 in the morning and as I stepped outside of the plane a wall of BOILING HOT AIR hit me in the face! It was one of the weirdest experiences of my life. It was 45 degrees at 6 in the morning and the high humidity made it even worse
    It's gonna be a fun World Cup though.

11. Loyalty

Loyalty Member

Jun 25, 2006
    Australia
    Yea, i agree that Qatar is the better choice of the Mid east countries as it is seen as "neutral" by many other countries. Problem is fans can sit in stadia all day, they have to go outside sometime and there isn't much to see outside in those 40+ temps. Will these airconditioned stadia actually assist fans as well? I thought it was more for the players. Getting rid of the body heat of 50,000 fans is a huge job.

Not sure about UAE, Aussies had trouble over there when we play Iraq a few years back. It sounded like one of hte more backward corrupt places from what i heard.

12. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    You're kidding right?
    UAE would've been a great host.

Saudi fans in the gulf cup 2007 hosted in UAE:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGDrYAU6SQ0"]YouTube - KSA fans in Saudi vs UAE game[/ame]

13. serro

serro Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    loyalty :

hey dude Australia is as hot as the middle east , maybe even hotter because of the ozone thingy

Mexico got the same climate as the middle east , guess what they hosted WC
    what about us ? Russia is too cold for half the people of the world and i don't see anyone whining about that .

14. almango

almango Member+

Sydney FC
    Australia
    Nov 29, 2004
    Bulli, Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Really?

Average Temperature Doha June Max 41 Min 27, July max 41 min 29.

Average Temperature Sydney June Max 17 Min 9, July Max 16 Min 8

15. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    That's because June in Australia is winter.

Don't try to trick us with that dude :D

But I agree with Serro, Brazil, Uruguay and Mexico are not the coldest places in the world but they hosted World Cups.

And Mexico '70 was one of the best World Cups ever!

16. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
  17. almango

almango Member+

Sydney FC
    Australia
    Nov 29, 2004
    Bulli, Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    The December/January figures are Max 25-26, min 17-19. Still a fair bit cooler than the middle east.

18. serro

serro Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    the ozone thingy makes u feel like living on an oven

look at sydney's averages :D
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sydney

19. Schoolboy Errors

Schoolboy Errors New Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Sydney
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    That is incorrect with Australia being as hot as the Middle East.

The only host cities where it would even get close to that would be if games were held in Brisbane and Townsville - and an Aussie WC would be held in winter.

Pretty much every game would be held in 10-25 degree celsius weather - perfect for football.

I'm shattered that we didn't get the WC, congratulations to Qatar but it seems a ludicrious decision in regards to temperatures, lack of cities, population size, etc.

But we had doubts about SA and that turned out fine, so we shall see.

20. Schoolboy Errors

Jun 5, 2010
    Sydney
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Sydney's climate only gets quite hot over Dec-Feb and even then it rarely gets too hot. Sydney in summer is glorious in terms of temperature.

Qatar in Summer for a WC is going to be interesting.

21. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    But Perth, Australia can get quite hot in summer I heard from a friend who used to live there. Unless Sydney is the only host city for the World Cup.

I am sorry Australia didn't get it for 2022. In terms of football abilities and "exploring new frontiers", I would have gone for Australia instead of Qatar.

Well, either Qatar will import lots of Brazilian footballers and neutralize them or they will have to bring in a lot of foreign coaches and train hard for the next 12 years. My guess is we will see a Brazil "B" team in 2022 disguising itself as Qatar...

22. Schoolboy Errors

Jun 5, 2010
    Sydney
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    It can get hot, but an Australian World Cup would have been held in an Australian Winter - which would have meant a month of temperatures between 10-25 degrees celsius. Perfect weather for football.

June-July-August = Australian winter

23. almango

almango Member+

Sydney FC
    Australia
    Nov 29, 2004
    Bulli, Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Perth has similar temperature ranges to Sydney. Brisbane and Townsville (in pareticular) can get warmish but neither average in the 40's. In anmy case, a World Cup would be in winter where only Townsville averages over 20 degrees.

Me too, but what was more disappointing was only getting one vote. Makes you wonder why we bothered.

24. Schoolboy Errors

Jun 5, 2010
    Sydney
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    After witnessing the farcical process of allocating WCs, I seriously doubt we will ever bid again.

I read one of the ExCo members say the issue with our bid was that we were too fair and not prepared to play rough. Absolutely ridiculous!

25. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I agree with the people who say that Mexico, Australia etc... are as hot as the ME, but Qatar, UAE and a couple other of these tiny Persian Gulf countries are in a league of their own when it comes to hot weather. Yeah Iran and KSA are like Mexico and Australia but not Qatar.

If you wanna know what the weather is like in Qatar during summer time, put a humidifier in an oven for half an hour and then put your head inside :D:D
    Hot and humid like ********