Qatar 2022

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by Nico Limmat, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    If this is the case then in Toronto time...7 or 8 hours back for us games would be at 5am, 8am, 11am and 2pm for group games.

For Round of 16 games, QF and Semi Final games times would be at 10am and 2pm for those games

Final for us would be at 10am

2. voiceoflg

voiceoflg Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    Except for the first game of the day, that suits me. I have been working from home since March 2020. I have the freedom of having the TV on during work.

3. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that is correct. When I did the chart I had to take into account that Qatar (as well as Thailand and Japan) do not observe DST, while the US and most Western European countries (including Italy) do. Since it's summer now and of course WC22 is in winter, I had to be careful with the times. I think/hope I got it right.

The fact it's winter does bring another factor into play as to where is the best place to watch if you're not going to be in Qatar but want to go somewhere nice/fun. While at least southern Italy is mild weather even in winter, it's not like anywhere in Europe is beach weather in December. For Thailand where I'll be it's their high season (peaking at the end of December) as the weather is usually perfect that time of year. Not too hot and it's the dry season.

Ofori repped this.
  4. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    That is why I can't wait until WC26 because in 26 it is in my backyard of Canada which means it goes back to being a summer World Cup and game times being reasonable

5. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I do not mind the Cold as long as there isn't loads of snow that I have to shovel.

And Rome in November/December does not seem too bad according to google weather.

6. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the atmosphere in Europe will be great, especially with the great viewing times. And the pubs will be warm and dry regardless of the weather outside. It would make for a great viewing location for those who want to plan a holiday around watching matches. Plus, it's a stone's throw from Qatar if one were to want to fly in for a match or two here and there.

7. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    But it is going to suck for us people here in the Western part of the world with it being cold and snowy

8. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #4383 HomietheClown, Jul 9, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
    Yup.

And with NFL/ College Football season going on.

And with Thanksgiving (USA) and Christmas Holiday season, hustle & bustle and Holiday Parties/ gatherings/ traveling.

Ofori repped this.
  9. Hayaka

Hayaka Member+

Jun 21, 2009
    San Francisco North Bay, Bel Marin Keys
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Maybe a good time to visit the family in Ghana? Kickoff times would be the same as Europe.

The rainy season should be over by then, right? Although I was looking at Accuweather, and every single day for Accra in December was projected at 88F, lol.

Tell the family you are theirs during the day, but the nights are for the World Cup. :D

10. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    I definitely am trying to go to Ghana next year most definitely

Hayaka repped this.
  11. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was there in 2019, basically bussed it from Ivory Coast to Togo along the coastline. Was pretty cool, I remember passing through Tema on my way from Accra to Togo and was like, "this is where Freddy Adu is from!" And my driver was like, yeah whatever happened to him?

12. finbarrk

finbarrk Member

Liverpool FC
    Republic of Ireland
    Jun 11, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Egypt would be an option too. It will be warm there in November. Sharm el Sheik area. Beaches, bars, etc. Although I haven't been there. Yet.

13. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Think again, I was in Egypt once in the winter and it was freezing! Especially the Sinai. The north is Mediterranean climate and don't forget the desert affect on climates, it'll rise but also drop temps like crazy.

14. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    Another possibility is to turn it back into a summer World Cup by heading for Cape Town.

BocaFan and glennaldo_sf repped this.
  15. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Yeah I know right but it won't be a summer World Cup again until it comes to my country of Canada and in the USA and Mexico for 2026 and honestly I cannot wait

16. mazinio

mazinio Member+

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Hi guys

Will this be the main ticket thread forim for Qatar WC it it is a separate forum ?

17. mazinio

mazinio Member+

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Oman / Dubai / egypt (Red sea) / maldives / Sri lanka / Seychelles / Lebanon..
    But its mainly Dubai and u can drive for 7 hours from there. If ure a group of 3/4 then it worth it

18. Hayaka

Hayaka Member+

Jun 21, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    I was thinking of starting in Dubai, but it would require driving through Saudi Arabia. I would probably do it with my best friend, who is Jewish (American Jewish, not Israeli, but has an obvious Jewish name). Do you think we would have any issues in Saudi?

19. mazinio

mazinio Member+

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    #4394 mazinio, Jul 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
    No problem..
    Flights Dubai - Doha return cost now around 230 usd for 45 mn flight only (can cost less if you leave from Abu Dhabi, which is 1 hour drive from Dubai)..can cost 500 usd close to tournament, better to secure this flight early
    Or simply drive 7 hours..

20. Hayaka

Hayaka Member+

Jun 21, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Thanks. Actually, in looking into it further, it doesn't seem to be a simple thing for any American to get a visa to Saudi. Probably best just to fly from Dubai or Abu Dhabi.

21. mazinio

mazinio Member+

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Mmm i think the visa ill be asking for will be a specific visa for car trip..its not a complicated one. Its for a small portion of road (i think 70km)
    I am not sure whats the name of this visa, but ive been told u can get online and is easy

22. mazinio

mazinio Member+

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    But i have to check if its mainly for dubai residents or tourists as well..

23. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    This was helpful but it needed Colorado time!

PabloSanDiego repped this.
  24. Hayaka

Hayaka Member+

Jun 21, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    For the online application, you need the name of a visa sponsor, or the program won't move forward. Maybe a visit to the consulate is required if no sponsor.

Ah, too much hassle. I'll just fly. Thanks for looking into it, though.

25. mazinio

mazinio Member+

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    No i think it is called a transit visa. As ull be going from Dubai to Qatar through UAE, via car, it is different.
    I also expect some companies to do bus trips from Dubai (probably they will take care of these transit visas)..,still early to confirm