Qatar 2022 - Game Tickets Thread

Discussion in 'USA Men: World Cup Fans & Travel' started by wixson7, Jan 19, 2022.

1. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    My guess is that USSF, potentially, held the max 6 tix for each 'approved' Insider that applied during the Supporters phase. And I assume most everyone hasn't used up all their allocation (6). Otherwise, I do find it strange that they wouldn't promote/expand the remaining allocation to the other Insiders.

Definitely some paid Insiders didn't get picked, for whatever random reason. So why would USSF reach out to them and say "we have additional tix".

Just my gut. But yes, for those that didn't buy all their 6 per game, they can very easily go back in and add tickets to their existing portfolio. All US games are still avail in both Cat 2/3 as of a few days ago. I've added quite a few extras for those that didn't get in. Everyone should do that same.

PabloSanDiego, GoalGoalUSA and NNNJJJ repped this.
  2. GoalGoalUSA

GoalGoalUSA Member

Apr 15, 2016
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, I agree.

But guys please only sell extra tickets to US fans in need!!

wixson7 repped this.
  3. Eldawg17

Eldawg17 Member

Barcelona
    United States
    Apr 23, 2018

Any chance you have extra tickets available (I believe the max per person is 6x)? If so could you share your personal code? Seems like USSF won't send me the code (I missed original deadline), so would love to purchase them if they are indeed still available!

4. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The situation I'm in is that I got a USA TST7 in the first phase thru FIFA, not USSF. So I couldn't even request tickets thru the supporter's deal even though I'm a Circle member. I want the FIFA TST7 as it gets me tickets all the way to the Final no matter when the US goes out. But I think there is no way for me to link my FIFA TST7 with additional supporters tickets even though I'm Circle. I would like to get additional group Stage tickets along with what I have.

I've emailed my rep a few times over the years on other subjects and have never received a reply. I think the only way to get a response is to elevate to the $1000/year level or higher because that's when you get an assigned USSF "concierge".

wixson7 repped this.
  5. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    I just maxed out my last 2 tix to @ceezmad . I'm fully maxed out on all my 3 games, sorry.

And you won't need the personal code, that is connected to the original person so you won't be able to use it..... rather you need to find someone that got their supporters tix that still have open slots. They can very easily add tix, I've done it several times recently. Then they add your passport details.

NNNJJJ and PabloSanDiego repped this.
  6. ChelseaMatt

ChelseaMatt Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Memphis
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone still have extra tickets? I have a friend who had an opportunity to come last minute but has no tickets

7. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll have 2 to the R16 US game but my group stage tickets are all claimed.

The last minute phase is tonight right? Surely there will be tickets

8. delpy88

delpy88 Member

Apr 13, 2001
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone know if we need to be considered fully vaccinated by the Qatar government (Gold frame on the Ehteraz app) to attend matches?

9. NNNJJJ

NNNJJJ Member

Chelsea FC, USSF Referee
    United States
    Oct 26, 2017
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At the moment they are saying vax not required, but negative test is required to enter Qatar. But the rules are still subject to change. Still, I don't expect vax will be required.

10. 00Kevin

00Kevin Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    SoCal
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. 00Kevin

00Kevin Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    SoCal
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OKay I figured it out!

You can now view (most of) your seating assignments on the FIFA website, here's how (This does not work with US Soccer Insiders tickets)

wixson7 repped this.
  12. 00Kevin

00Kevin Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    SoCal
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    okay i figured it out

You can now view (most of) your seating assignments on the FIFA website, here's how (This does not work with US Soccer Insiders tickets)

13. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not even going to try that for fear that I actually wind up reselling my tickets...

wixson7 and 00Kevin repped this.
  14. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    word of warning for anyone buying/selling tickets for the USA v Iran match. Two buddies of mine bought some face value tickets from another US supporter and sent a Paypal payment and in the note they both wrote "USA vs Iran".

Apparently this got flagged by Paypal's security system and now the payments are in limbo. It'll probably get straightened out, but it's delayed things.

This was the note they received:

upload_2022-10-6_12-2-15.png

15. Old Man!

Old Man! BigSoccer Supporter

RIP Chicago Fire
    Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone get their USA tickets that were acquired through the federation yet? I got all my tickets that I bought through FIFA yesterday, so just waiting on Insider tickets now.

16. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not yet but it seems that getting tix in general is a slow slow process so I'm not worrying at all. Now if I don't have them in the next few days...

Old Man! repped this.
  17. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    all 3 of my USA TST7 Group Stage games appeared in the app last night, one by one. I also got 3 separate e-mails alerting me they were there.

18. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Received my non-US tickets purchased through FIFA lottery. Don't yet have the US tickets procured through the supporter lottery.

19. Old Man!

Old Man! BigSoccer Supporter

RIP Chicago Fire
    Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got my Insider USA tickets this afternoon.

20. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My US tickets arrived just now.

21. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Likewise. All of my remaining tickets were loaded overnight. giddyup

22. rxsoccer

rxsoccer Member

Jun 6, 2006
    Baltimore, MD
    My original pair of tickets for USA vs England were through FIFA and not the best seats (under my and my wife's passport info). I was able to get an extra pair off resale in the supporters section using my son and daughters info. I'm going to be going with my son and want to swap my seat with my daughter's and put the original 2 back up for resale. Is this possible? Says you can't transfer primary person's ticket so I'm not sure how to get my daughter's ticket under my name.

Side note, because my son is a minor, he can't get a fifa app anyhow so he has to go in with me, right? It's a bit of a mess because he wasn't on my original list of people so I can't really transfer tickets to him other than just change the name on the ticket but it's still associated with my wife since he can't actually receive the tickets. Any suggestions?

23. soccer_23

soccer_23 Member

Feb 6, 2014

Are all of the tickets in the same FIFA ticket account? If so, you can re-assign the main ticket and change any of the names. You do that in the ticket app.

And your son will be able to enter the stadium with you, using two tickets on your phone. That’s no problem.

24. rxsoccer

rxsoccer Member

Jun 6, 2006
    Baltimore, MD
    Yes, they are! I purchased all of them and they are all on my phone/app. So all that matters is the name on the ticket says who I want to use it, then we're ok? Its so easy to switch the name on a ticket, I wasn't sure if that was enough. Thanks for the help!

25. rxsoccer

rxsoccer Member

Jun 6, 2006
    Baltimore, MD
    So when I swapped my ticket with my daughter's and it seems fine but on the app now lists my daughter's ticket as "main" even though mine says non-transferable. I know I'm being overly cautious but the whole reason I'm making this trip is because I could get tickets to USA vs England and I would lose it if selling the main ticket somehow screwed up my other tickets!