Qatar 2022 - Air/Car/Train/Boat Travel

Discussion in 'USA Men: World Cup Fans & Travel' started by wixson7, Jan 19, 2022.

1. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah it keeps getting asked online and also direct to the Qatar authorities and the answer is the same, no final policy has been decided on and announced yet. I guess it makes sense as the situation may change before early November and they want to keep flexibility. By keeping the testing requirement in place for now, if (and hopefully when) they lift it most attendees will be very happy. If they lift it too far in advance and the COVID situation somehow worsens, reinstating the testing requirement would cause a massive amount of complaints.

I think it will get lifted altogether before the tournament starts, but it may not happen until late October/early November.

But if somehow it stays in place, I think things will be set up especially in the shuttle countries (AUE, Oman) to provide convenient testing for attendees.

NNNJJJ repped this.
  2. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    I'm in the same boat. Obviously the risk/reward of basing in Dubai. Sure hope it gets removed but sure would suck.

Tbh, I'm already looking at some photoshop editing or "fake" test results as backup. I'll get the PCR test as required but you can go to hell if you think a positive result will keep me from boarding the plane. Call it what you want but there better be WWIII before I miss that flight., 3 times. Ha