Q1 or Q2, who's better?

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by PFKing15, Aug 2, 2002.

1. PFKing15

PFKing15 New Member

Aug 1, 2002
    Philadelphia
    Bothe Santino and Eliseo are young and talented forwards, my question to all of you is:

Who's better Q1 or Q2?

2. weasel

weasel Member

Oct 31, 2000
    NYC
    Way too early to tell. We've only been able to see Q2 in one game. I think you'd be better off asking this a year from now, after we get to see them both in rotation.

3. PFKing15

PFKing15 New Member

Aug 1, 2002
    Philadelphia
    I've been thinking about it and i agree that it is early, however if you had to make a put down your money on one or the other, who would it be?

4. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    well Q2 is about 4 years older (;-) and actually playing this week... But thats about as far as I would go based on about 160 minutes of play for him.

5. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    Very different styles.

6. DigitalTron

DigitalTron New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Santino is becoming a fantastic player. If he played alongside Moreno for a season I think we'd have a consensus that he was better. But, Eliseo is also a good young prospect, and he hasn't fallen prey to the injury bug that seems to hamstring all of our young talent.

My vote would be for Santino. But why compare them? They're both striving to make United better, and the more the merrier. :)

-Tron

7. Sundevil9

Sundevil9 Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Reston, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, I've seen 'Nilla for 90 minutes. Hardly enough data to determine if he's better. Does he show a lot of talent and promise? Yes. Has he really produced anything? No.

8. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First, PFKing15, welcome to Big Soccer. Second, come on, how can anyone possibly know the answer to that question? Hudson, Trask, and Onalfo haven't seen Quintanilla enough to know, so how could anyone on Big Soccer? And the only way I'd "have to put my money down on one or the other" based on this little information would be at the point of a knife.

9. PFKing15

PFKing15 New Member

Aug 1, 2002
    Philadelphia
    I know i know, but maybe you guys are missing the point:
    The thread wasn't designed to develop a definitive answer, but rather it was simply ment to draw attention to United's young and talented forwards. Sort of a way of getting our minds off this losing streak by considering the future of our beloved club in the context of its future scoring leaders. Sorry if anyone took offense to the question, I'm just a big fan of both Q1 and Q2 and wanted get some feedback.

10. DigitalTron

DigitalTron New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    I have a little difficulty with Eliseo's speed, to me that's his biggest weakness. The size thing isn't a big deal to me, but eventually we need some size in our lineup to capitalize on the corners and set pieces. Santino has the size, but I haven't seen him asserting himself in the air so I dunno that he's really an asset in that department either. Heck, if Danny Califf can score, Santino sure as heck should be heading the ball into the net.

I wonder if Eliseo could handle a central attacking mid type role? This would minimize his speed deficiencies. I think Santino may ultimately be best used like Luis Figo, as a right winger who attacks all over the place. But he still needs to learn more of the basics before we let him freelance.

They both have a lot of development ahead of them, and Eliseo is still in his adjustment to the team period, so we should see more production next season.

-Tron

11. weasel

weasel Member

Oct 31, 2000
    NYC
    I think Q1 will be an all around better player, but I have a feeling Q2 could turn into and Arce-style poacher (think way back) - crafty and always seeming to be in the right place. Q2 doesn't need to be the fastest or most skilled, he just needs to combine well with Moreno/Q1 to knock in the chances they create. I'd be happy if he were like Ruiz, 15 goals, no assists.

12. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Arce had no dribbling skills. Q2 does. As stated above, his speed and size will be a factor. If a player doesnt have speed, they should at least have decent size; q2 has neither. Q1 on the other hand has both speed and size. Both have good foot skills, but Q2 probally has the edge when it comes to passes.

As also stated above, they have a totally different approach to their position.

13. Topo

Topo Member

Feb 15, 2001
    Quaranta had surgery and is not "better" yet.

So, it would have to be Elvis for the moment.