Q.e.p.d. Chico :(

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by Bolivianfuego, Apr 18, 2012.

1. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    13th min

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

jerseys on front rail - Bolivia, The Strongest, DCU

2. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Haha, that's awesome. I never knew that, he would mention going over to his moms house to eat her delicious Bolivian food and how she would get pissed at our futbol federation for all the stupid things they did, like the one year we had jerseys that looked like bibs.

Thanks for sharing your stories Bulldog

Amazing job with the Tifo. I saw all three jerseys, thank you for doing that.

3. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Alright boys, if there was ever a time for the BS Bolivia members to pull together for something, the time would be now. Chicos family is raising money to cover the expense of his funeral. Follow the link below and don't be a cheap bastard, give what you can. To the guys here that knew him personally (fuego, madpuppy, etc) pass it around on facebook or wherever to others who may have known him (if you haven't already).

http://www.giveforward.com/javier

4. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Gonna donate later today!

Miss ya Chico!

And I'm going to have that god forsaken Tiger on my avatar for a little while in memory of ya buddy.... :p

Can't believe I'm doing this... lol Blasphemy I know....

He's probably laughing from above!

5. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Since his dad was Strongista he always said that he was born 9 months after The Strongest beat Bolivar in match hehe

I had a lot of first 2 jerseys to pick from, courtesy of the man.

Chico will be cremated, so no funeral, but there is mass and a life celebration party (and correct me if I'm wrong, but I was told in Bolivian culture family should not pay for any of those expenses).

Details from facebook:

Funeral services for Chico will be held at 11am Thurs. the 26th at St. Mary of Sorrows located at 5222 Sideburn Rd. Fairfax, Va. 22032 with a gathering to follow there after the service. There is also a celebration of life scheduled for Sat. April 28th from noon to 5pm at the Elks Lodge located at 8421 Arlington Blvd. Fairfax, Va. 22031 (and another at Kilroys tent at later date).

6. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    WOW!!!! I am shocked. I was about to post about how awsome My team The Strongest played last night against Santos who ironicaly wore Bolivar Sky Blue and I run into this thread. I never met Chico in person, however he helped me big time. I was in South Korea on my last few days left in the army and I found BS, Bolivia didn't have it's thread, I remember arguing about our slogan for the Thread. I pm chico a couple of times so he could come out and watch me play in my over 30 Burke league I had no idea..... I will miss you my The Strongest brother and I KNOW THE STRONGEST PLAYED LIKE TIGERS LAST NIGHT FOR YOU CHICO..

Huarikasaya Kalatakaya!...... Hurrah, Hurrah

VIVA EL PODERSOSO THE STRONGEST.. CHICO..

7. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I havent been here in over a week, I opened the threads up hoping to read something good about bolivia, instead I read the sad news of Chico. I didnt personally know him, but I remember thinking, "Man, if there is a reason to go to DC, it would be to hook up with Chico and his friends to have a good time."
    This is indeed a sad day.

8. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't stop thinking about him.

RIP Chico, I really miss you, hermano

1 person likes this.
  9. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was watching the red bull v dc united game and the announcers mentioned Chico during the 12th minute. It was nice to hear from them :(

Q.E.P.D

10. MADPUPPY

MADPUPPY Member

Apr 4, 2000
    Bolivian Culture is pretty diverse. Each area has their own outlook and ways. Main cities are main cities. Most city inhabitants are less likely to still follow traditions that may seem silly. City inhabitants are very modernized.

Alot of these traditions go WAY back, but they are still followed OUTSIDE the city. Many city inhabitants may choose to follow a few of the ways their elders were brought up with, but it's becoming less common. For example, few tribal area will determine who a husband will be based on who can peel a potato faster (with out sacrificing much potato meat), few that requires a family to have owned at least one black dog in a life time (my grandmom made sure my mom followed this when we were younger), and literally hundreds of other traditions meaning to a given tribal area. I know everyone agrees to the importance of the SUN, Mother Earth and ofcourse family. Not everyone agrees with the different tradition each tribal area has.

Barely 20% of Bolivia speaks spanish. Most of that 20% are in the major cities. The roughly other 80%, still follow are very humble like.

With that said, I don't know nearly 1/10th of the cultures of my mother land. I love it, because these traditions are in place to make us stronger and smarter.

I'm unaware of the "Funeral Expense" traditions, but I can see the value of it. I'll ask around.

11. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I shared this in the other Chico threads, might as well share it here.

I bought a "blank" authentic at the first home game I went to last month, and couldn't figure out who's name I wanted on it.

Then Chico died, and it seemed that it was a lot more appropriate to go to the team store today and have this done to it. I'm usually a "the name on the front of the jersey means more than the name on the back" but not right now

[​IMG]

RIP, mi hermano. I love you man.

12. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Good stuff man.

13. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    With all due respect to Chico and this thread in his memory, I have to say that this is the most innacurate stamentent I have ever read. What surprises me is that it is made by a bolivian.

The most recent census in Bolivia showed that 92.8% of the population speaks spanish, with 53.4% speaking one of the three major dialects (Quechua, Aimara and Guarani) in addition to Spanish.
    Of the 10.2 million people living in Bolivia, more than 63% live in one of the three major cities (La Paz, Cochabamba, Santa Cruz).82% percent live in urban areas.

Paying or not paying for a relative's funeral has no cultural roots. It is left up to each family. Burial versus cremation is the same thing and the only intangible is celebrating mass, which is up to the family's religion. According to a 2006 survey conducted by the National Statistical Institute, 78% of the population is Roman Catholic, 16% is Protestant and 3% follow other Christian denominations.

It is important to get our facts straight, especially when folks from other forums are coming into this one to pay their respects to Chico. Chico himself would have liked that.

14. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    That's an awesome idea and very cool of you. Not gonna be the same without him around anymore. :(

15. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    wow! I am shocked! Ive been gone for a very looong time and I come back to this! What a tragedy :( Chico was always the voice of reason in these boards. RIP Chico!

16. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    TIGRE CAMPEON!!!! FOR YOU CHICO!!! FROM HEAVEN SMILE TODAY BROTHER YOUR TEAM IS BI-CAMPEON HERMANO!!!!!!!:)

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  17. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Wow I'm speechless I just found this out now, I had no clue. So sad, poor guy.

18. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    You thought I forgot didn't you Bro.....;)
    I know it's no coincidence that our team won again.
    VIVA EL PRIMER TRI-CAMPEON DE BOLIVIA!!!

I know you are smiling down from heaven... Bro
    cheers!!!
    STRONGESTA!!!
    "Haurikasaya kalatakaya"
    VIVA EL PODERSO THE STRONGEST!!!

Eber1990, dreyx2000 and Bolivianfuego repped this.
  19. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    Chico surly is smiling from above (and making fun non-stop of Mario Mercado Vaca Guzman up there no doubt)...oh well!!

20. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Damn, sucks not having Chico around to gloat and clown on u cholivar fans.

Miss you Chico, having a beer and a laugh celebrating with Cabezon and Chupita Riveros.

Viva Strongest