Q&A with Crew Academy star Andy Lubahn, new Yank Abroad

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Breton Bonnette, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Breton Bonnette

Breton Bonnette New Member

Apr 10, 2008
    South Jersey
    Back with the second installment of The Academy Gen, this time with Andy Lubahn of the Crew Academy. He is now currently training with Cercle Brugge in Belgium and slated to sign a deal but was part of the very successful opening of the Crew Academy last year. Once again, please tell what you think and if there's anything else you'd like to hear about.

2. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks. Lubahn sounds like an articulate kid who is aware of his options.

If Lubahn and Jeffrey can break through in the Jupiler League and open Belgian clubs' eyes to free American talent, it could be a very nice entry point for young Yanks considering the lack of non-EU restrictions.

3. Swami

Swami Member

Mar 5, 2005
    Lubahn says that Freidel's Academy has closed. Is this true?

4. Breton Bonnette

Breton Bonnette New Member

Apr 10, 2008
    South Jersey
    He meant the one in Ohio did, but I will double check with him on that.

5. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was an article in SoccerAmerica a month or two ago about Friedel's Ohio Academy merging with another academy and only focusing on developing players from the region.

6. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    I think you need to honor what that is supposed to mean.

7. arsenalfc08

arsenalfc08 Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Very nice article. It's also good to know he is in the same area as JJ II so he doesn't feel as homesick. An exciting prospect to keep an eye on. Any idea how he has been doing with the reserves?

8. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice nice read. Andy seems like a very articulate young man with his head on straight. He certainly has a goal for himself. I assume with with Cercle's academy since colleges are trying to ply him away from Belgium. I hope he can stay put at Cercle and officially launch his professional career.

BTW, as far as I know PSA is up and running. I haven't heard otherwise. There's current news and a current roster. Last summer they partnered with the Crew.

9. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That link doesn't work for me. A bad omen for PSA, or inept computer skills by me?

10. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just tried it. It worked for me! :D

But when you Google Premier Soccer Academies the first link that pops up gives you an error but the second link (which I used) works. I don't know if that's a sign or not.

11. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It didn't work for me either. However, when I dropped the end of the address it worked fine. Link