Put up or shut up...

Discussion in 'Fort Lauderdale Strikers' started by Redknapp11, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    This is some shitty news if the plug gets pulled. The guys in the FC front office work very hard to put out a good product.

If your down with the FC then it's time to get some serious $$ and support going.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/story/918480.html

2. pb9000

pb9000 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lauderhill, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now is definitely the time. I was at last nights meeting with a lot of Miami soccer people trying to figure how to make Miami FC work. We need to write to Marcelo Claure and tell him to partner with MFC. If we want MLS it's important to save MFC. If Claure truelly cares about soccer in Miami he will join forces with MFC in MLS or USL. MFC is willing to work with Claure but is he willing to work with Traffic? If MFC dissolves then we as fans suffer. What happens if the MLS bid falls apart then we will have nothing. SAVE MIAMI FC!! Email Claure at marcelo.claure@BRIGHTSTARCORP.com.

Now is also time to get your MFC season tickets. Go to http://www.miamifc.com/product_info.php?products_id=36 and save our team.

3. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    This looks bad for USL1

We had recently Virginia Beach pulling the plug a few weeks before the season started, last year almost Rochester as well, now probably Miami

4. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate this shit. 10 years since I've had much of anything to do with the USL, and it's the same old crap year after year.

What sort of major corporation looks at one of their divisions and says "you need to do something you've never done before in two weeks"?

This looks to me like they've decided to cut and run, and set impossible standards to give themselves an excuse to bow out.

We're pulling for y'all over there, if for no other reason that losing a team at this point in the season is a painful blow to everyone else. But that does not look good at all.

5. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
  6. pb9000

pb9000 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lauderhill, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep I was there. I wasn't quoted but I did participate. It was a 4 hour meeting. Hopefully we will see some positive results out of it.

Instead of just voicing opinions people need to do something. Buy some tickets. Spread the word. SAVE PRO SOCCER in MIAMI!

7. Stuart

Stuart New Member

Oct 13, 2001
    Miami
    MiamiFC need to sell 5,000 tickets in two weeks? If that is true, then it looks like the plug has been pulled. Clearly, those are silly numbers - given so that failure is heaped on the "lack of fans" alone.

I thought they were in it for the long haul? Three seasons and they expect to have built up a strong base, despite not even making the Playoffs in the past two?

When will Miami get realistic owners?

8. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But 700 sold in one hour helps...

9. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a good point. With all the transplants here, any new sports franchise will need time to develop a strong fan base, but especially soccer. Lots of South Floridians love soccer, but they follow their teams back home. Somebody(hopefully Marcelo Claure) is going to have to suck it up and stick it out for longer than 3-4 years and only then will we see pro soccer thrive here. The NASL Strikers lasted the longest, and they were supported the best.

I agree the 5,000 number is quite unrealistic, but what happens if we can surprise Traffic and get close to that number? That would be a great way to show everyone, including MLS officials making the expansion decision, that we will support soccer.

10. pb9000

pb9000 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lauderhill, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Instead of everybody complaining, let's do something. I just bought my Miami FC season tickets, did you?

Also the Miami Ultras are organizing a 24 hour Soccer-a-Thon for March 7 to help bring much needed attention to Miami FC. More details to come soon.

11. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just got my tickets too. Every single Miami supporter here and also on the MLS expansion boards needs to step up for Miami FC and get their tickets. You can talk quality of play all you want, but soccer is soccer and MFC is our team today, and we all need to support it. It's quite possibly literally now or never. If we lose Miami FC we may not get another pro soccer team for years or maybe ever. We can do this guys!!

12. pb9000

pb9000 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lauderhill, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

We are organizing an amazing event to help Miami FC, the 24 Hour Soccer-a-Thon. Miami FC and the Miami Ultras are coming together to save pro soccer in Miami. We will bring massive amounts of exposure to Miami FC and pro soccer in general. This event promises to be historical. We will be playing soccer for 24 hours straight and you need to be a part of this.

We will have Ultras, Miami FC pro and youth players, celebrities, journalists and much more. We plan on having an auction of signed memorabilia as well. Everybody will have an opportunity to buy Miami FC 2009 season tickets at the event if you have not done so already.

Save this date on your calendar, March 7. Time and location is still being worked out. We need a lot of players so we can rotate in and out so that we don’t kill ourselves. Come as a player or come as a fan. Just be there!

Once in awhile something comes along that you wish you had been a part of. This is that time! Don’t miss this great chance to show the world that Miami is the place for soccer. Where the fan cares about his or her local club. Don’t be that person that says “I wish I could have done something to Save Pro Soccer in Miami”. You can save soccer and as Ultras it’s our duty.

13. dooby10

dooby10 New Member

Oct 26, 2004
    I got my tickets!!!!! I have told everyone I know and hope to see some positive results. Hope to see everyone at the Soccer-a-thon.

Vamossss Miami

14. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    lol come on Miami your the only way we can have a road trip/ flight to!

15. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    I tried to buy a season ticket, but at the end I got a warning that the site was not secure. I elected to ignore the recommendation to leave the site, and I continued, which brought me back to the purchase point to enter my CC. At that point I pulled out.

I will see if I receive any confirmation of purchase.

This amounted to a donation. Living in Port St. Lucie makes it unlikely that I would use the entire season ticket package.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are," Theodore Roosevelt.

16. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Okay -- purchase confirmed. Only how many more to go????

17. pabloM

pabloM New Member

Feb 21, 2004
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The site is secure . When you get to that page, you have to select the option that says (not recommended) in parenthesis. MFC is trying to fix it. We need to do it soccer fans we want to see MFC soccer this year.

18. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Come on you Blues!! (Note: this is the only time your opponents will be pulling for you :D)

19. pabloM

pabloM New Member

Feb 21, 2004
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    24 Hour Soccer-a-Thon Ultras,

We are organizing an amazing event to help Miami FC, the 24 Hour Soccer-a-Thon. Miami FC and the Miami Ultras are coming together to save pro soccer in Miami. We will bring massive amounts of exposure to Miami FC and pro soccer in general. This event promises to be historical. We will be playing soccer for 24 hours straight and you need to be a part of this.

We will have Ultras, Miami FC pro and youth players, celebrities, journalists and much more. We plan on having an auction of signed memorabilia as well. Everybody will have an opportunity to buy Miami FC 2009 season tickets at the event if you have not done so already.

Save this date on your calendar, March 7. We need a lot of players so we can rotate in and out so that we don’t kill ourselves. Come as a player or come as a fan. Just be there!

Once in awhile something comes along that you wish you had been a part of. This is that time! Don’t miss this great chance to show the world that Miami is the place for soccer. Where the fan cares about his or her local club. Don’t be that person that says “I wish I could have done something to Save Pro Soccer in Miami”.

Miami Ultras 24 Hour Soccer-a-Thon
    Save Pro Soccer in Miami!
    Host:
    Miami Ultras
    Type:
    Sports - Sporting Event
    Network:
    Global
    Start Time:
    Saturday, March 7, 2009 at 6:00pm
    End Time:
    Sunday, March 8, 2009 at 6:00pm
    Street:
    15600 NW 32nd Avenue
    City/Town:
    Miami Gardens, FL

20. zidja

zidja Member

Jul 26, 2006
    This is a pretty interesting idea. I hope it works out well for you and you can hit that critical mass. Nothing attracts a crowd like a crowd!

21. AdamSoucie

AdamSoucie New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some news came into the Orlando thread about Traffic Sports getting in touch with Pachuca. I'm not sure what to think of it. Anyone else hear that rumor?

22. USAUnited33

USAUnited33 Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now that the Miami MLS expansion bid is not happening you guys will have a tough time getting support.Even though i think pro soccer is hard to get going in Florid, I do wish you guys luck in getting support.

23. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    So while the Montreal Impact has already beaten Santos Laguna for the CCC Miami FC still has to start training camp

And what was the joke of giving Clavijo a job 2 weeks before almost announcing the end of the franchise?

USL should not accept situations like that, it makes USL1 look like a bush league

24. AdamSoucie

AdamSoucie New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And peoplewonder why the USL-1 champ isn't automatically given a spot in the CCL. Oh, and the Impact haven't clinched yet. Santos could still come back in leg 2, but it is unlikely.

25. law5guy

law5guy Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Hope Miami FC stays around.

Road Trips from Tampa Bay will be coming your way next year.