Pumas V. America [R]

Discussion in 'Pumas de UNAM' started by franco, Apr 9, 2006.

1. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    Re: During, After...Pumas V. America

BERNAL Y PAREJA MVPs DE HOY...america intento presionarnos y hay que reconocer que no se rajaron aunque con 10 pero era inevitable que no sacaramos ventaja de eso...

2. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan

Felicidades cabrones!

Down with the evil empire!

3. Piedraias

Piedraias Member+

Feb 27, 2005
    Califas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

off with their heads.

siganme los buenos. :D

4. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA

...gracias bro!!....

...PARTY OVER HERE, AIN'T SHIT OVER THERE (AMERICA FORUM), THE PUMAS FORUM GOT IT LOCK RIGHT HERE!!!!:) :cool: ...

...WE OWN YOU BIAT..CHESSS....

5. Alteño

Alteño New Member

Apr 4, 2006
    Detroit
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

what a great game...good job pumas

6. Desert_Eagle

Desert_Eagle Member

Oct 29, 2005
    U.S.A

so did morales play?

7. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA

...YEAH, morales did play and did a decent job...he is definetly a good pumas material i hope for some years ahead...but what was also outstanding is that pumas cantera begins to work as well...i guess all the sacrificio que hizo espanya starts to pay off...

8. Piedraias

Piedraias Member+

Feb 27, 2005
    Califas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

yeah.

he came in for Jehu Chiapas early in the second half.

9. bravo340

bravo340 Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Club León
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

I definitely have to agree with you Franco.

What an exciting game it was. Sergio Bernal and the rest of Pumas played great. Only concerns I had was that at the beginning of the 2nd half, we started to lay back a little too much. Botero kept losing balls for a good while there. Memo needs to tell Iniguez to not be afraid to use his left foot. Overall, it was a great game for Pumas. We need to keep this level of play going. :D

10. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara

Bruno Marioni :D :p

[​IMG]

11. Piedraias

Piedraias Member+

Feb 27, 2005
    Califas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

mejor cuidate de los mariposos. :D

12. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara

El enemigo de mi enemigo es mi Amigo, gran Victoria sobre las Wilas :D :cool:

13. Piedraias

Piedraias Member+

Feb 27, 2005
    Califas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Stop the presses the pics are in.

[​IMG]

14. Desert_Eagle

Desert_Eagle Member

Oct 29, 2005
    U.S.A

i think parejita should become a forward. look at how much he scores :D

15. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA

oh...man, belive me, we will...they could had waited on espanya but i can't complain about what memo has done so far...for a minute i was thinking he was gonna do the defensive mode bringing in another defender cuz' like you said we were in the back letting america come in with all they had...and then they scored and tied us so memo brings in inyiguez and moreno so i was thinking crap!!! i guess we are staying defensive and just bringing in some freshness, no moreno!!!:eek: oh, no!!!...but then he brough in morales and i said ok so i guess he is thinking offensive now and so we overcame...haha!!!!

17. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA

...it was just a matter of time, lately marioni likes to shine in the right moment sometimes and this was one of them...i had a feeling him or botero had to score in this game...so good he did...

...as i said on the pre-game pumas forum...pumas had to come with the same people as with chiapas...that line up worked great...especially since botero and marioni always jalan marcas y se mueven all over therefore giving space to the people who come to support the attack from the back like los medios and some defenders...

hope this strategy keeps paying off for pumas, finally a new tactic that i believe will definetly be here to stay: everyone moving around and beyond their position to try new things with or without the ball....the thing is to create spaces and opportunities....this works even better because when one player leaves its position to try to create opportunities beyond its area, another one watches over that spot and this is organization and discipline...nice job pumas...you can tell pumas is letting loose and i like this attitude of memo giving freedom to the players to try new things beyond their position boundaries...with memo, there are no boundaries it seems...i love it

18. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA

...pareja is fine where he is my friend, no need to put him as a forward...maybe in very unique situations...

19. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles

Great game, Pareja, Bernal, Castro, and the rest of the guys played very well. Marioni finally scored but damn the pass from Pareja was perfect. I still think Morales should have started, hes got talent.

Mods put an [R] in this thread

20. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA

i personally was satisfied with the line-up today...having him coming in the second brings a lot more energy to the front line while it lets botero or marioni do their thing with or without the ball in the first half...not a bad choice to let him start either, later on maybe he could start in libertadores or in games where not too much is at stake...i am confortable with the starting line up of pumas in the past two games...

21. Desert_Eagle

Desert_Eagle Member

Oct 29, 2005
    U.S.A

i know, but i was just refering to that comment as he seems to be the "forward" since he keeps scoring constantly. how many goals does he have this season so far?

22. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA

i think about 4 or 5...

23. fabled1

fabled1 Member

Apr 9, 2006
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

That was a good match, the only thing i whish is that they would play this consistent through out all their games. I don't consider Chivas or America to be the FLM "Kaisers". I always think that is still open to exploitation and I always see PUMAS as the Mexican Barcelona. But what ever the case, I think we are ripe for another League Championship.

24. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA

...i am telling you all, you have to understand that a process was due and involved giving playtime to la cantera...playtime was given during espanya and the price were many defeats but the bench/cantera showed garra and progress while at it...espanya left and maybe la directiva should had left him for a while more cuz' i saw progress on many of the players that he tried and had he not been gone maybe this would had been his first big win in a while...but memo is doing a great job as well....

the whole point is that thanks to the playtime given to newbies, the team looked more confident overall today because the titulares in pumas feel they have players of the bench that they can count on to do a good job...add to that the timely and smart tactics and mindset of more freedom to the players memo gives and we have a more compact team...

the media said that pumas was shit, but they did not realized (as many others fans) that pumas had to give up playing the same titulares of always in order to give newbies a chance to line-up on the team and start to build confidence on themselves...now look at the results people...sometimes restructuring a team needs lots of patience, it is not over but you have to understand that it takes time...if pumas loses again next time, don't start with bad comments, offer some constructive critisism that comes from you and not from other sources...i personally think we seem to have found one nice starting line-up so we will see how memo manages dealing with people like salinas, victorino, roma, and other bench/cantera that he has...hope for the best...

25. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    [​IMG]

Pumas' soccer player Isarael Castro, front, is congratulated by his teammate Leandro Augusto after Castro scored a goal against America's team at the Aztec stadium in Mexico City, Mexico, on Sunday, April 9, 2006, during their Mexico league championship soccer match.. ( AP Photo/ Claudio Cruz):D