Pumas official thread. (R)

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by PumaBear, Jul 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    And sooner or later, the ball will start dropping for Pumas because their mechanics are good, their chances are plentiful, and they play with a purpose.

NOW...

Tecos got 3 points from America and Pumas. Those 6 points show in the table, but you should be concerned if you are a real Tecos fan. Tecos got thier asses handed to them by both America and Pumas. And for some reason (that i cant explain), they were able to walk away with the 3 points. But sooner or later, the laws of averages and probability will side reason & Tecos will be where the have always been... at the bottom. That is not an knock on your team, but a reality.

You cant expect to win when you dont create and put yourself in a position to win. You may win here and there, but it runs out.

Take the America win against Monterrey. That was nothing to be proud about. I was not content beause the problems are still there. They won on circumstances. That maybe good enough for you, but in the long hual you are as good as dead.

Ruggeris mistake was to change his whole strategy and roster when he lost to Tecos. America put out a major assualt. This was a game where Navia just could put it in even when there was no ref....

Same thing with Pumas... IT would be a mistake on Hugo's behlaf, if he changes anything, especially when his team is putting themselves in a position to score and win.

Here is a question for you, Hugo knows he is under the microscope and all the cangrejos are out to hunt him... Has he individually blamed his players? Has he said anything to say he doesnt have the sufficient material to work with?

2. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    I hate to say it, but backing him up by bashing Hugo is irrelevant. How are you going to defend Lavolpe, by bashing Hugo. What does that have to do with anything.

You cant defend Lavolpe by bashing Hugo... it just doesnt work that way...(well you can and it is your right, but expect the consequences)

When I defend Hugo, I defend him based on HIM, his philosophy, his results, stats, etc.

When I "bash" La Volpe, I bash him using, i use the same criteria--HIM..things that are relevant to Lavolpe (attacking players, belittling players, hitting reporters, blaming players, lack of accomplishments, etc) See... things that are related to him...

3. Tecos

Tecos Member+

Apr 8, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Tecos UA de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Has he blamed himself?

4. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    This sucks! I went to the game and not only got there late but UNAM lost. I thought they played well but lack definiton. If Diego Alonso wasn´t the biggest tronco ever, maybe something would happen. The good thing is that Pumas fans were booing him and just him after the third goal, everytime he touched the ball. And what the hell was up with that red card to Hugo? Nobody was paying attention and everything was normal when that retard. chiqui dracula, stopped the game and took all the attention. What BS!

5. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    black ninja guy?

I don't mean to bash on Cruz Azul but losing to them who were and probably still are in last place kinda makes UNAM look bad. which makes me ask the question: What the hell happened? Last torneo Pumas played brilliantly and only lost once. (ironically enough it was to Cruz Azul) But not only is the question what the hell happened to UNAM its really : What the hell happened to many of the teams in the Primera division? (both for better and worse) teams like UNAM and Cruz Azul have basically the same squad they had last torneo and they did pretty damn well now we have UNAM with only 2 wins so far and some pretty bad losses most of them 3-1 and Cruz Azul in danger of descending to the primera A and yet a team like Veracruz gets one player (not bashing at cuah or anything but he kinda was America's garbage being thrown out) and all of a sudden they seem unstoppable. Then we get to Club America, who manages to get a hell of a roster with piojo, navia, ochoa, djalminha, valenzuela, etc with Rugeiri as the coach and they do very poorly (to say the least) yet when it actually looked that they were getting better and were starting to pick up Rugeiri get fired gets replaced by Carillo and gets slaughtered by Necaxa at Estadio Victoria. It kinda sucks to say this but Chivas is probably the only team who has the same roster they did last torneo and actually is doing fairly well. But anyways what do you guys think is going on with the teams in the MFL?

6. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Pumas lost twice. They also lost to Chiapas 1-0 at CU.

7. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    Cruz azul = internal problems, mexicans vs foreigners from what ive heard
    Pumas = some playes wanted to leave to get payed more, but stayed (lozano for example) and maybe arent that motivated anymore?

8. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    my mistake but they still played excellently

9. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    Hugo kept complainig about a hanball in the box that Chiquidracula did not call, so the fourth official makes the ref aware of the situation, he comes over to talk to Hugo and starts walking away when Hugo must have said something, cause the ref turn right around and Kicked him off. Hugo needs to learn that sometimes you have take in consideration who the ref is. In this case everybody knows that this ref is not going to put up with anything.

10. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002

The refs should stop their BS about coaches. They are the most nit picking bastards out there. I´ll never forget Abramo Lira performance in the Libertadores.

11. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    so i guess this isnt a festejo by Hugo thus he wont recieve a yellow card.
    [​IMG]

12. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    What BS! I didn´t see it because I was behind the Azul goal at the time, but Luciano Figeroa scored and celebrated with a dance after putting on a hat that was given to him by some guy. This after the big deal they have made about celebrations with Chamagol. Chamagol does the same thing with the Chavo del Ocho hat and he always gets carded. Lucho already had a yellow, so it would have been a red if the stupid ref had kept with the same thing they do to him. So apparently Chiqui dracula only cares about Hugo and his complaints and not about the rest of the game. I heard that Chamagol complained about this and rightly so.

13. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    The situation at U.N.A.M.

Pretty Sh1tty game yesterday against Atlas. Now UNAM is dead last.
    I don't like whats going on. In many of their games they play they manage to score first then It all comes crashing down. At first I thought it was a problem with their confidence. (Them scoring first and getting confident and then just throwing the game down the crapper) but I don't think its just that anymore because if it was just a confidence problem I'm pretty sure Hugo would tell them to get that out of their system because of the fact that theyre dead last right now. But I can see thats its not a confidence problem because they still keep doing it so now I believe its a communication problem not only with the defense but mostly the entire team. Thatswhy they aren't scoring many goals and thats why they're being scored on so much.

14. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Re: The situation at U.N.A.M.

The team looks out of shape. They get tired and lose control of the games. Ailton has no speed and looks lost. Kikin is not doing their job and they fail at passes. The game against Cruz Azul, they battled and were hustling but at the second half they looked tired and without ideas.

15. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    La situacion en C.U. y el partido de hoy

Well todays game wasn't that bad, a win is a win. (3-2 vs dorados) I just have to wait and see what happens when we play america 2 weeks from now, the game itself should be good considering both teams need to win. Lozano played excellently today and he scored a hell of a goal and provided some good assists, I was disapointed by Veron's performance and the penalty near the end of the game, but I was also surprised to see Bernal block the shot but then was brought back down by reality to see that the penalty was to be repeated and sure enough Borgetti didn't screw up that time and made sure Dorados scored ending the game at 3-2. It sucks to see Bernal do his berrinches after being scored on but who can blame him he stopped a penalty only to do it over again and mess up. Pumas is now at 9 points. All we can do now is hope that the team continues to improve so we can take a win over america and move on in the Liguilla with more victories.

16. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Went to the game today. Great that Pumas won and played pretty good. It was a good win eventhought the ref didn´t gave pumas a call in their favor till the 38th minute. People were real pissed at him. Pumas could have scored 2 or more goals but they had lousy shooting. That chilena would have been a great goal. One of the reasons UNAM is struggling is the fact that the brazilian players ( Ailton, Leandro) are struggling. Ailton never did much today and Leandro was weak in the 1st half and as he improved so did the team. Hopefully Pumsa keeps it up and is able to put in the chances they create.

17. Tecos

Tecos Member+

Apr 8, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Tecos UA de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    espndeportes home page has part of an interview with Bruno Marioni. In it he discusses how he thinks Hugo is mainly responsible for his not staying at pumas. He discusses how Hugo's agent tried to work Marioni's deal with Tenerife and when Marioni told him to mind his own business, Hugo's attitude toward Marioni changed dramatically. There are times where it appears as though he wants to cry...

on the homepage of http://www.espndeportes.com in the multimedia section at the bottom right, titled Con Todo.

interesting

18. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    HAHA

I love your spirit Tecos.

basically trying to bunch Hugo like a Lavolpist and that he treats his players like shyt.

but to your credit, that was Marioni after the Pumas-Tenerife deal went bad. I understand that Marioni felt betrayed, but lets be realists... Pumas did not have the money to pay 5M plus a million (and hefty change) dollar contract to Marioni. Pumas also had to raise the wages of other key players. And lets call a spade a spade, Marioni was not the savior. Pumas was tied in points the season before he got there with Tigres and lost in the Semifinals.

Are you going to get mad at your dad cuz he cant cough up 50K for your college expenses.

Pumas just recently just got out of the red.

You act as if this all came by surprise. This was nothing new, half way into the season when Marioni started to make a name for himself in Mexico, Tenerife saw green and wanted way much more. Marioni's future was already being talked about half way into the season.

I understand that Bruno thought that Hugo had pull (and he does) but pull and 5 extra million dollars are 2 totally different things.

When Bruno started to talk shyt about Hugo, Hugo refused (and i remember this interview) to fall for a trap and said that he liked and respected Bruno very much and that he would not get into it. It was clear that Hugo knew that Bruno was upset and would calm down after a couple days. This was his response

But let forget all these quotes and instances and use common sense....

If you dont like a coach, you leave the club, would you be willing to go back to that club with a coach you dont like? And why raise a shyt storm to go back?

I dont remember if I was speaking with Levante or VS on MSN, but we talked about this... and saw another report saying that Bruno put most of the blame on Tenerife and jumped the gun blaming the Pumas front office for "lying" about an injury to bring down the price.

Didnt he have surgery a while back?

NOW mr collegeboy... lets play you be the owner.

you are tight financially, but not in the red anymore. You have othr 5-6 players that are due for a raise others that thier contracts are about to expire... do you spend all your money on a 29-30 year old that has an injury OR do you pay the other 5-6 players and renew other contracts as well....

19. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Marioni should shut up and realize that UNAM did well. The doctor had said he was injured, he made a big stink about it and Alias Ayub had to make this deal about how it was a trick and everything and yet the doctor was right. Marioni did have knee problems and had to had surgery, so it would have been a waste to sign him this season. They already said UNAM may sign him when he gets healthy. But he is full of it if he makes a big deal about it when he knows he lied about his health.

20. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I don't know but I think rdl is going off the deep end here.

Tecos didn't talk any crap about Hugo or Pumas.

In fact, he clearly said his interpretation was that Hugo tried to HELP with the Marioni/Tenerife talks by offering his agent and Marioni responded by telling him to go to hell. Then that's when Hugo changed his attitude towards the player.

Nothing negative there.

Only thing I can say against my best friend is that he is obviously trying to stir something up by posting an Hugo-related piece in an Hugo-related thread when he is clearly ANTI-Hugo.

:)

But then again, he could just be using reverse psychology and the truth is he loves Pumas.

I like the latter.

21. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    cmonnnn

not talking bad, but just trying to make it into another Lavolpe-Hugo thing in an attpemt to make him out to be the villian.

saying that hugo is the one responsible for him not being on the team anymore???

Answer the following questions..

Did Marioni's price tag become an issue before or after the season ended?

Well, just read this conversations from Charro Negro (A Pumas supporter no less)

These conversations were back in March. The final was in June. Bruno's contract ended July 1st.

22. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Oh, for sure.

But I'm just trying to give the guy a break.

Maybe letting my guard down isn't such a good thing with the enemy.

:)

You've re-inspired me, Cap'n.

Must..

hate..

Tecos.

%*%^%^*%^**%^*%

I agree that Pumas could do without Bruno Marioni.

It just takes adequate research. I never agreed with alot of the FWD signings such as Botero, Taborda, Alonso, Delgado.

23. Tecos

Tecos Member+

Apr 8, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Tecos UA de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Why thank you hugo you saved me from having to type my defense... I simply posted it cause I found it interesting, and I figured everyone else would too. but I guess Rdl got tired of inventing reasons to hate lavolpe and is doing it with me now too. oh well some people just cant live life unless they're angry

oh and by the way Hugo, I can't love Pumas- there is only room in my heart for one bad team...sorry

24. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    NOT once have you rebuttled anything except with crap like, "RDL hates me" "RDL hates Lavolpe" "HUGO is a bocon" "I am not a canjrego"

You are your buds are just stuck with, "we won the gold cup and qualified for the olympics"

you turn the other way when we present "quotes" "facts" "interviews" "stats"...

You have yet to rebuttle any of the following...

His trajectory as a club coach (4 good years out of 20 & 1 title)

Or what His inconsistanecy and irregularities with the national team?????

Or what about the pattern of him mistreating players like i provided here for you

OR what about him insulting the mexicans and saying he will use more naturalized players

Or how about insulting our intelligence and saying he was playing Jedi Mind tricks about the whole issue (and lets not forget the "false" hopes he gave Franco, gaitan, and Alex)

OR what about his one of many public resignations

OR what about his latest little comment about suffering more than enjoying. I can name you 5-6 coaches right now that would think it an honor and would be willing to take the good and the bad and still love it

25. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001
    Stop it RDL . . . . . . you know that Tecos doesn't respond to cold hard data.