Puma Thread [3] - all questions, pictures, boots here.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jan 8, 2015.

1. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I couldn't wear my puma king II camo...

2. Shrapnac

Shrapnac Member

Feb 19, 2007
    New Jersey
    Got em today!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

First impressions: They're crazy light for a K Leather boot, they make my Morelia Neos feel heavy. After about 5 minutes they started forming to my foot and feeling really comfortable. I did feel some stud pressure but I think a big part of that is that I've been wearing Mizuno Basaras recently and they have a very unique stud pattern. I'm really happy with how they look and feel so far. Hopefully the snow will melt soon so I can actually give them a real go.

JEN14, ghost_striker, TRIXTA805 and 4 others repped this.
  3. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice "before" pictures. Can't wait to see the "after" photos!

4. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  5. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    vanjory and b0sk1 repped this.
  6. TRIXTA805

TRIXTA805 Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Why are all the nice colorways limited edition with puma?

7. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    It's a fact that most companies live by that the more "limited editions" you make (in different styles and colours) the more product you sell. This is why we have seen in upkick in adidas "limited edition" product over the past year.

8. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I hope puma really get into the small sided game soon, I know they make astro turf shoes but something more specific. Maybe like a toned down slightly evopower? or at least an adapt lite upper bit of griptex

9. Shrapnac

Shrapnac Member

Feb 19, 2007
    New Jersey
    My most current pair of SG boots were Predator Absolute Rugbys so I decided it was time for a new pair. That and getting them for a song on PDS.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I only play on pitches that require SG boots a few times a year so these should be around for a while.

EvoSpeed 1.2 Leather

TRIXTA805, vanjory and b0sk1 repped this.
  10. J 10

J 10 Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Have we had info on the upcoming colorways of the Evopower 1.2 yet? Navy/red and white/blue are out and a red one is coming out later I believe. Has anyone seen any other colorways?

11. AdidasPredatorMANIAC

Jul 6, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Orange with White, White with Navy and Orange, and of course the "POW" Special edition colourway.

bmbersoccer5 and derbyyank13 repped this.
  12. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    There's an all white with a little orange coming out soon. Limited edition.

13. FCBayernDFB1613

Feb 1, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Any news on the evoSPEED 1.4?

14. AdidasPredatorMANIAC

Jul 6, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    @derbyyank13 you would know this ;)

derbyyank13 repped this.
  15. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Theres a really nice looking blue/white colourway coming out, [​IMG]

vanjory and TRIXTA805 repped this.
  16. Doddsy92

Doddsy92 New Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Hi guys, first post here is going to be a bit of a random one. I own a pair of Puma EvoPower 1 boots and they are awesome, but they smell so bad. I wash them in the shower after every wear, but they have developed this horrendous cat wee like smell. I don't own a cat and they have never had the opportunity to go near one. I read this was a problem with Nikes a few years back but have read nothing on Pumas. Sports Direct told me to send them in for inspection but I'm not hopeful, sent them Thursday and still waiting for a reply. Anyone else have Pumas smell this bad?

17. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    It's meh. We skipped it completely. There will be the Evospeed and above that the Evospeed SL in Synthetic and Leather. The SL's are bloody fantastic. I'm super super tempted to get several pairs. Maybe one leather, one synthetic!

18. AdidasPredatorMANIAC

Jul 6, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Why's it 'meh'?

19. Jonny98

Jonny98 Member

Jul 26, 2014
    Southampton
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Is the shower a good idea? Haha... I just clean the upper after every wear but I'd use a shower. Could the smell be down to washing the whole boot?

20. Doddsy92

Doddsy92 New Member

Feb 20, 2015
    I don't know why it wouldn't be a good idea. I've seen videos of people completely submerging their boots in water to clean them - I just figured the shower was an efficient way to clean the boots and myself.

I should have mentioned in my original post that it isn't the inside of the boot that smells, it's the outside of the upper and near the sole plate that pong the worst which led me to think it could be a glue issue, but I don't really know..

21. Jonny98

Jonny98 Member

Jul 26, 2014
    Southampton
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    ahh I see, I was assuming it was the inside, as a result of not air drying properly after being soaked or something...
    Someone people put theirs in the washing machine on a light spin I think, and see good results in terms of smell... Someone else will answer with their past experience

22. shrtysskat8

shrtysskat8 Member

Aug 3, 2005
    Chicago
    I think it could be the consistent showering in them that is doing that.. especially if they don't completely dry out.

23. AdidasPredatorMANIAC

Jul 6, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Is this the EvoPower 1? Not the latest model released (1.2)?
    If so, I had the same problem after submerging them in water.

24. Doddsy92

Doddsy92 New Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Yes the EvoPower 1 in Black/White/Grenadine. Were you able to do anything about the smell or did you just throw them out? I'm still waiting for SportsDirect to email me with their judgement.