Puma Thread [2] - all pictures, boots, questions here.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    The phrase "True to size" is a myth, every sizing is relative as the boot makers don't follow an universal standard. I am a 41 EUR in Nike Premier and a 40.5 in Puma evoPOWER.

ghost_striker repped this.
  2. J 10

J 10 Member

Oct 15, 2009
    That's true. The shape of the boot also has an effect. You might require a different size even with the same manufacturer when you compare the manufacturer's different models.

I'm a size EU46 (30cm) in Nike Maestri and now had to get size EU47 (31cm) in Evopower.

noob-bob repped this.
  3. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

touche guys. By and large i fit a US9 in most of the typical boots so I slip into that 'true to size' lingo occasionally.

US9.5 in Maestri 3's, US9's in Mizunos, what would ya''' recommend for Evopowers? US9?

4. JEN14

JEN14 Red Card

May 8, 2014
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Yes they do fit true to size. Ignore them. Noob was trolling the other day saying it doesn't exist.

It does. They're true to size. Get your standard size.

5. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    I am not trolling. Could you for once please just think before you post? Also UK sizing is the most flawed one as one UK size can be two US/EU/JP sizes. I would go with a 9 US but the only Mizuno boots I have played in are mij Morelias and Neos.

6. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    haha, well him and the other poster did make a good point about it. In any case thanks for the advice, I'll stick to my usual size!

I agree regarding the UK sizing, pisses me off to no end when it comes to Adidas fittings. you're a 40.5 in Evopowers which are a a US8 or something?

7. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    #1157 noob-bob, Dec 22, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
    Yes 8 US in Evopower and 8 US in Premier.

8. ghost_striker

ghost_striker Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    US9.5 in Maestri 3's, US9's in Mizunos, what would ya''' recommend for Evopowers? US9?[/QUOTE]
    According to joshua vujovic (author of sr4u site) evopower runs half a size small (compared to most of the other boots he has reviewed), much like maestri III and the premier. Mizuno shoes tend to fit "true to size". I'd personally follow josh's advice as I've found his boot reviews to be really comprehensive and go with the size you've been wearing in maestri III's.

9. ghost_striker

ghost_striker Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    The current sizing system with like 5 different sizing charts is utterly useless and frustrating. I wish all shoemakers would just adopt the japanese sizing chart which implies the size in cm. Maybe then we might at least get a little bit closer to the ideal of "true" sizing in footwear.

10. pancreas

pancreas Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    I've tried them in both true to size and a half size larger, would definitely go with true to size (same as Mizuno's).

11. JEN14

JEN14 Red Card

May 8, 2014
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Yes you are. Pretty much everybody agrees that all you seem to do is troll.

True to size does exist. I can't be arsed to explain the basic logic (something you seem to lack) behind it, but use your brain.

The Powercats fit true to size. I wear a UK8 as my general size in pretty much everything - boots, trainers, shoes. On occasion I wear a size down (Umbro Speciali R for example), and on my Hush Puppies. The previous Powercat fit me perfectly with an 8.

12. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    :ROFLMAO: You just made my day Jon. I could explain why but it would only be rude and you'd just take another break from Bigsoccer.

jayc23 repped this.
  13. J 10

J 10 Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Giving sizing advice is so hard because we don't have identical shape feet (and even at an older age your feet can change their shape and size a little). In Maestri III I had to go half a size up from my usual Nike size so you could say they run "half a size small" like for example Josh said. Then again I had to go a full size up from my Nike Maestri size with the Evopowers (UK11 --> UK12). As sizing among different brands is not universal, it's not easy to determine your size without trying on the boots first. I think it would perhaps be best to follow the centimeter measurement but even that doesn't necessarily tell the whole truth (my Maestri III size is 30cm and Evopower size 31cm).

14. shrtysskat8

shrtysskat8 Member

Aug 3, 2005
    Chicago
    J10 is right here. I wear the same size as Josh (US9) and sometimes will read his reviews..few times I found that we disagreed on how the sizing runs/how the shoe actually fits.

15. lolmit

lolmit New Member

May 16, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    they just arrived !!! :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

b0sk1 repped this.
  16. JEN14

JEN14 Red Card

May 8, 2014
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    OK buddy. That's great.

17. jkliverpool

jkliverpool New Member

Apr 19, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    For anyone in the UK, top end model of Evopower in Black/Red is going to be £13.99 in Sports Direct on Boxing Day, take down model is £3.49 I believe. There's a lot of stock but I'd recommend being as quick as you can if interested!

18. Oli Coultas

Oli Coultas Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Leeds
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Where You hear this?

19. jkliverpool

jkliverpool New Member

Apr 19, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I work there. Not a rumour or anything they are definitely £13.99. Was being prepared today and reserved mine ready for Friday.

20. Oli Coultas

Oli Coultas Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Leeds
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    In store only?

21. jkliverpool

jkliverpool New Member

Apr 19, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I havent been told anything about it being online... Worth keeping an eye on the website anyway.

22. Oli Coultas

Oli Coultas Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Leeds
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If it's online as well I'm defiantly snagging a few pairs

23. AdidasPredatorMANIAC

Jul 6, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Oh definitely, leave me a couple size 9's if so. However, I highly doubt they will have the deals online. Maybe things in UK work different to here in Australia, i dont know...

24. AdidasPredatorMANIAC

Jul 6, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    EDIT: they dont seem to have the Black/red evopowers on the website.

25. Oli Coultas

Oli Coultas Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Leeds
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I saw that but someone said soccer scene share the same stock and they have all the tiers on their website?