Puma Thread [2] - all pictures, boots, questions here.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  2. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Come on....where is the Puma love? The world's most wanted player wears Puma's....for the love of Pete.

3. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    lol - have to say i lost my puma love after the changed the design on the V1.06s. Man, i loved those boots. Still got them all!

appleCORR

4. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    For me, it died after Puma stopped producing the Puma King Classics in such cool colors.

I remember their red versions, white versions, and the custom ones that Martin Palermo wore playing for Boca Juniors in their colors!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    come on guys... Puma boots have superb quality... my v1.10 SL looks like brand new...

6. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I wish they'd bring back the King, light weight, same stud configuration.... same upper as all the years.... but light weight lol and in all the old colors!

serginhobertholi repped this.
  7. robben_sneijder

Sep 29, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Jc messi is sponsored by Adidas ;)

Mercurial4991 repped this.
  8. markdd2404

markdd2404 Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Darlaston
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Mine dont!

Then again i got them covered in marks from 3G turf, then decided to paint them black, then some of the paint was coming off so i took them back to white-ish. The upper is still in decent condition though and i give them a run out from time to time, was going to pick up some V1.11's but the price never came down as much as i wanted, maybe i'll find a bargain on some evospeeds one day.

9. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I had the cream coloured Puma King for Christmas one year. Stopped them for a pair of preds! Lol

appleCORR

10. GrassRouteOne

GrassRouteOne Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Puma are in an interesting position at the moment; their current range seem excellent and they've finally got the players again, but everything they do just seems boring in comparison to Nike and adidas - they don't seem to get people talking.

For me, I don't think their ads are very good - their last v1.11 ad was dire:

11. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I just don't think their boots are eye catching enough anymore to compete with the other brands.

appleCORR

12. rooster

rooster Member

Dec 16, 2003
    That ad was awful! I do love Puma's boots lines though. My powercat 1.12 are exceptional quality. I don't think there is a leather as soft and at the same time as durable as the one used on them, on any other boot. I would have loved the evospeed to have kept the synthetic upper used on the v1.11 sl's. That there would have been an epic boot!

13. SSFC5

SSFC5 Member

May 17, 2011
    United States
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Hey Apple!

Would you mind posting pictures of your V1.06? You wouldn't happen to have the blue ones by any chance?

14. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The Olympic blue? Yup Ive got pretty mich all the colourways. I'll post some pictures for you tomorrow. My personal favourite were the grass trix!

appleCORR

15. Alexandre Pato 7

Alexandre Pato 7 Legends that will never be forgotten <3

Mar 16, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    How's people's opinion on the v1.11 K? And how's the fit?

16. 14walcott14

14walcott14 Member

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    There's 40% on the puma website this weekend so I'm thinking about getting some powercats. Anyone know how they fit compared to Maestri IIs or Legend IV?

17. yarn

yarn New Member

Jun 5, 2012
    Singapore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Similar - you'll probably wear the same size in each.

14walcott14 repped this.
  18. shahrial

shahrial New Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    sory to bother guys , i'm wearing the new ctr in 9 1/2 uk , what would my size be in evospeed 1 ? thnx for any help

19. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
  20. yarn

yarn New Member

Jun 5, 2012
    Singapore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Not sure if this is helpful but for me UK8 Tiempo Legend = UK8 Evospeed K = UK8 King SL. The King SL is too narrow for me though, the Evospeed is wider.

21. markdd2404

markdd2404 Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Darlaston
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I keep looking at the Evospeeds lately, my pretty destroyed my Legend IV's playing on turf and thinking about getting a synthetic boot to replace them but everytime i look at the Evospeed i get drawn to the K-leather ones instead which just wouldn't suit what i need.

The price is still a bit high most places too so might end up picking up some Laser IV instead and then look at some K-leather Evospeeds for playing on grass later in the season.

22. gwood88

gwood88 Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If you use the Evospeeds on turf they won't last very long at all.

23. markdd2404

markdd2404 Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Darlaston
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Even the synthetics?

My old V1.10SL held up very well on turf, other than getting covered in black marks because i foolishly bought white ones.

24. gwood88

gwood88 Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I never had the V1.10's or V1.11's but I remember them having a very hard toe and the upper overlapped the soleplate and was stitched on. That design sounds like it would be pretty turf damage resistant. The Evospeeds are attached the traditional way, glued on to the upper.

Someone posted a picture of theirs after playing on turf for 2 hrs. It's all the way at the bottom. It was terrible sand based turf but still makes you question their durability on turf.

That being said they seem like some really great boots, just FG boots. I think they do make an AG model.

25. markdd2404

markdd2404 Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Darlaston
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I remember the picture but as you say that was on the brutal old sand based turf, they were the K-leather evospeed too, so with sand being so abrasive they were always going to get battered.

I think the synthetic would be alright on 3G, which is what i'd use them on, i just have a bad habit of dragging my trailing foot when i stretch to try and block a shot or pass so the toes leather boots get a bit of a beating from that on turf. I've not had any issues with sole seperation with the Legends, which i've used exclusively on turf, so i just need a upper that's a bit more hardwearing opposed to k-leather.

Still haven't seen the evospeed cheap enough to tempt me yet though so it's all a bit moot.