Puma Shudoh VS KSL

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by DarrenOHooligan, Oct 30, 2004.

1. antfelix

antfelix New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    US
    I ended up getting the Shudoh's in the 9.5, and I wore them for the 1st time last week. Loved the fit and overall feel. I didn't feel too high off the ground. The touch wasn't as good as kangaroo leathers, but not bad either.

One issue I did have though. The red chassis (comfort) came in a UK 8.5. The blue ones (support) came in a UK 9.5. ANy reason for this? You'd think they'd both come in the same size. I had ordered a Shudoh 9.0 as well just to try on, and it was the same thing: red in UK 8.0 and blue in UK 9.0. The red ones don't come all the way to the end of the toe, but that's OK. The blue ones do, but they creep up on the sides and bug me a bit.

Is it Puma that puts the chassis in the shoe box or is it the fault of the store? Thanks. :confused:

2. DarrenOHooligan

Apr 19, 2004
    Fanita Rancho Elite

I had the exact same problem, and I called eastbay, and they didn't have any answers. The funny thing is I ordered a bigger pair that didnt even come with a pair of the blue chasis. They said that puma puts them in there and they ship them as is. My guess is puma has some issues.

3. OSFP7

OSFP7 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    boys, keep hounding eastbay about the tuning chassis, thell give them to you.

I ordered them in size 13, came with only the red soles, but i got the blue after complaining to eastbay. I didnt have to order another pair of shoes or anything.

About sizing, i have not worn the shudos in a game yet. I cant get beyond 2 minutes with them on, too tight, kill my feet, toes curled in there. It is amazing. I have 12.5 predaters and they feel perfect. Were a tad snug at first, but perftect after a few games.
    I dont think i can ever where the shudos if they dont strech.

One more thing about the chassis, they only make a few generic sizes with the chassis, so you are not going to get a perfect fit.

4. DarrenOHooligan

Apr 19, 2004
    Fanita Rancho Elite
    Thanks for the info about eastay, i'll give them another call. As far as sizing goes, i bought my shudohs 1/2 size smaller than my pulses. And they feel amazing. I tried them on when i first got them, and they did fell a little small, however come gametime, I put them on and went for it, and they felt great. However I did have to pull them a little tighter after the 1st game. . I like them so much, i returned the 10 i bought and am exchanging them for another pair of 9.5. I'm surprised yours dont fit right. Good luck. They are great boots.

...just my 2 cents...

5. OSFP7

OSFP7 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    how is your touch with them.

I cant feel the ball, but i think its because my foot is so cramped in there.
    Because they are so tight, my shots are noticibley harder though.

I guess ill just keep trying to be able to handle wearing them.

6. DarrenOHooligan

Apr 19, 2004
    Fanita Rancho Elite
    Touch is a little off, I'm used to my pulses, and the material is totally different than the shudohs. I've only played 2 indoor matches with them, and last night it was really wet, so touch SUCKED. With that said, so far, i've only noticed a slight different, I'm sure just a couple more games (after i recover from a fractured rib) my touch will be fine.

7. Paul.eta

Paul.eta Member

Jan 21, 2003
    ^ okay david beckham...keke
    good luck with them shudohs, maybe i'll get a pair in the next f&f or another pair of ksl's.

8. ADIKeeper

ADIKeeper New Member

Aug 20, 2003
    I played one game in my KSL's and I am real pleased with them. They felt kind of tight and a little uncomfortable at first, but they show real potential. I love the stud config. and the quality of the leather.

9. #1Keeper

#1Keeper Member+

Feb 7, 2004
    ADIKeeper, are the ksl's comfortable? Do the studs hurt your feet? How is the sizing and fit compared to the nike air zoom total 90 II? I am thinking about getting a pair but I am not sure about the sizing.

10. DarrenOHooligan

Apr 19, 2004
    Fanita Rancho Elite
    Luckily my rib wasn't broken, and I played this week, and now that i have 6 games with the shudohs, I can say that these boots are freakin amazing. They feel much better than my pulses, more comfortable, and touch is great. I will say, that they get dirty VERY EASY, and i'm not even going to try to clean them, and the tongue is horrible, so I just tuck it under the laces and its perfect. I can honestly say, buying these boots was the best decicion i've made in a while.

...just my 2 cents...

11. DarrenOHooligan

Apr 19, 2004
    Fanita Rancho Elite
    I went to put my boots on, lo and behold one of the lace loops had busted. Just 3 weeks playing with them, and they busted already? anyone ever taken a pair of boots to a cobbler to have the loop fixed before? it's either that, or send them back? Thanks

12. Becks23

Becks23 New Member

Jul 4, 2003
    had that happen on my current Pulses', now i lace them Beckham style although i dont particularly like it.

13. DarrenOHooligan

Apr 19, 2004
    Fanita Rancho Elite

I asked for a pair of KSLs for Christmas, and my inlaws bought me a pair!!! Didn't think i'd be getting them. I tried them on and they are the same size as my shudohs (9.5) however The length is great but REALLY narrow and tight. Does the Pittards leather stretch a little i hope???? They felt OK and if I play in them, I can see them becoming a great boot.... I'll find out tomorrow night.

14. htafc

htafc New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    England
    on the blue and black shudos is the blue the same leather as the white ones and do they have the tuning chasis