Puma new boots!!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by cristianoronaldo17, Oct 4, 2005.

1. cristianoronaldo17

cristianoronaldo17 New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    UC 201, nj
    Sorry guys I forgot to tell you but a Puma is going to make a boot that is going to weigh 5.3 oz, like an estimate of 2 oz. lighter than vapors!!! they are very ugly!! a puma rep made a presentation on them and they are light!! this happened during the summer but ooooooooopppps :D

2. Lg__o3

Lg__o3 New Member

Feb 28, 2004
    Petawawa Ont
    and do you have pics... or are they the f-50 like ones previously posted?

3. Andreas07

Andreas07 New Member

Jan 1, 2004
    Norway
  4. Nixon

Nixon New Member

May 23, 2005
    Manchester
    Those boots look so wierd i can see somit in them i like but they look so badly put together. I know there probably just mockups but they look really oddly shaped at the front and the studs and soleplates dont look up to scratch, in fact the whole shape of the boot looks miss-shapen. No chance that either of them could be lighter than vapors either.

5. cristianoronaldo17

Mar 21, 2005
    UC 201, nj
    nope, they actually look like "gator"? kiunda like dancing shoes :D

6. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    they are lighter than the vapor the upper is also thinner than the vapor, the otehr boot is pumas answer to the total 90

7. smithxi

smithxi New Member

Aug 21, 2005
    hard to believe anything you say after you try to con me into shipping you my boots.

8. DarrenOHooligan

Apr 19, 2004
    Fanita Rancho Elite
    JC, are the second ones going to replace the cellerators do you know? I dig them. not too fond of the first ones, and can't imagine anything lighter than the vapors, which seems silly to me. But they're pumas, so I'm sure I'm going to dig them. ;)

9. JEP7

JEP7 New Member

May 17, 2005
    I like the look of both of those boots.. does anyone have an idea of release date?

10. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The cells will still be around through the winter and spring. There is a new color in thr synthetic but I can't remeber what it is. I think its silver and yellow but I can check tomorrow at work for you. There will be a new blue king exec to match Italy colors.

The vapor like puma is lighter because of the upper, it's like a paper towel in term of thickness. Think shudoh upper but thiner and treated with a coating to keep the stains out of the fabric. The heel counter is also just a frame its not solid like most heel counters but it will be just as supportive.

They really are a awesome boot and they also have a totally new last and insole that puma has designed ment to be very form fitting and supportive of most foot types. I am pretty excited about this shoe and the trainer that will be out in the line as well. You can wear it on hard courts or turf because of the sole design.

Oh and they should be out between Jan. and Feb with a black color way rumored to in store for the WC in the summer.

11. cristianoronaldo17

Mar 21, 2005
    UC 201, nj
  12. smithxi

smithxi New Member

Aug 21, 2005
    it looks wider than a vapor, which in my case will probably be more comfortable, but do you know if it will be lighter than the tunit?

13. DarrenOHooligan

Apr 19, 2004
    Fanita Rancho Elite
    I still can't imagine anything lighter than vapors, that to me seems so out of control, Soon we're going to have boots that weigh less than a penny. C'mon when is enough enough when it comes to weight??? Granted, I'm not a fan of light shoes, but again, since they are puma I will definately give them a try especially with a newly designed insole. The second ones pictured to me look like class boots.

14. smithxi

smithxi New Member

Aug 21, 2005
    we have to constantly push the standards of this sport. high performance gear is a huge hit. plus these big business guys will do anything to suck money from the consumer. if it's a soccer shoe that says your name and the people want it, the market is going to give it to 'em. right now companies are pushing the boundaries on light weight performance boots. the question is can they still make the shoes comfortable? they've failed in doing that with the vapors in my opinion.

15. DarrenOHooligan

Apr 19, 2004
    Fanita Rancho Elite
    Well put!! Most of the time you'll give something to take something, comfort for weight. For me, ultimately it comes down to comfort. If I have to chose between comfort or lightweight, I'll take comfort. Now the KSLs are a good compromise of both, they are comfortable and lightweight. I realize that cutting edge technology and high perfomance gear is what companies are pushing towards, but IMO someone has to say alright 5 ounces is light enough. All I can say is thank god comanies still make boots like copas, legends, kings, etc...

16. Juventus_Supporter

May 29, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    i think this is definatelly going to be my next cleat, anyone know what price range of these???

17. backline

backline Member

May 28, 2004
    Toronto
    They are lighter than the current Vapors. But who knows what Nike's coming out with next year?

18. jvillefreelance

jvillefreelance New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Wilmington, NC
    LOL, dude, everything nike has for 06' has already been posted, they have a new vapor design, not much diff though, and a new AZT, possibly legends, but i personally doubt it, i think that the legends will be like the tiempos in the fact that they will stay pretty consistent for several years...

If these pumas are lighter than vapors im gettin a pair!!!

19. smithxi

smithxi New Member

Aug 21, 2005
    the only reason vapors are so uncomfortable is because they're skinny. look at how wide those pumas are. let's hope this fixes the problem.

20. jvillefreelance

Jul 26, 2005
    Wilmington, NC
    Well, i have fairly wide feet and im fine with vapors, the problem for me is when i first started wearing them my heel had to get used to the low heel counter, i got blisters all the time, nike needs to figure out a way to solve that problem, then the vapors would be that much better. But ive been wearing vapors for so long that even a new unbroken in pair dont bother my heel at all...

21. cazdaspaz

cazdaspaz New Member

Oct 14, 2004
    So will I. :)

Plus I hope they aren't too wide, my feet are too skinny for vapors! (If it's possible).

22. jvillefreelance

Jul 26, 2005
    Wilmington, NC
    Dang, are u sure you have feet, and not french fries??
    lol

23. cazdaspaz

cazdaspaz New Member

Oct 14, 2004
    They are unbelievably narrow. Who knows? :p

24. AHCL20

AHCL20 Member

Feb 22, 2005
    Glasgow
    Anyone got the pics for the new blue King Execs? I'm definitely going to get them when they come out.

25. Lg__o3

Lg__o3 New Member

Feb 28, 2004
    Petawawa Ont
    by blue you mean the navy blue/white/gold ones posted already or are they coming out with a "french" blue like on the blue and red vapors.