//\\PUMA Joins Gladbach once again in Euro Journey//\\ 2019/20

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    borderland, Maas drainage basin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    I'll never write something like this again ! ;-) n-ev-e-r!

ok, honestly we dominated none of our opponents in the group and honestly my Europa League fascination wasn't that high anyway... and the delight of saturday's win exceeds the chagrin of yesterday by factor three (at least)!
    I put my faith in my Oma (grandma) who - when things didn't went that well - always said: "...but who knows what it's good for?"... maybe it's just part of a learning process and sometime in the future we'll think that in retrospect it was better to drop out... at least we now have much more time to work on automatisms, complex moves and yes, this:

LuckyStriker and HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  2. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    "well spoken! ;-)
    but practically the accuracy (that by the way is an overall issue with Gladbach possibly becoming a real top team) is missing at the moment "

We have moved up in that depatment,b/c of roses coaching and also we have more clinical players in over a decade if notmore under one roof...so in order to calibrate our cannon with more precision...we need to keep the good players and also the good coach!
    I hope so too...that falling out of the EL will assist in our performance in the BL and as a team and our coaching staff all together...but u still imagined we should have moved up in such an easy group no???
    But from get go we landed on the wrong foot...so it didnt get off the ground well..and we are still not the kind of team to come back and take them over all by storm.
    I as well take our win and in the fashion, we did it over EL
    Lets hope we can at least be the table fuhrer during winter pause...that hasent happened in so long that....i need to go back and google it!

:sneaky::p:whistling::rolleyes::alien::giggle:

3. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We left Bananenflanke in charge of the EL updates................:whistling:...................:laugh:.

At least that's over. A year ago, the Foals wendt in to the last match of the Hinrunde against BVB with first at the break on the line, gave up the ghost-and were never really heard from again.

Which is why I fail to get overly excited about the season or the GM.
    I told you this team is missing some critical pieces in the M still. Rose has made some adjustments.........cobbled some things together for a minute-but it won't last unless the rest of the parts are added in the winter window.

Praise Max all ya want, I just want him to get off his rump and back his coach.........................

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  4. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Deffo agree,our M Filed lacks the kind of stability to go to distance...unless we place Stindl always in center which is not possible!
    :cautious:o_O

5. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right now? I don't want him placed anywhere until/unless he recovers his full mobility. Job #1-Replace Raffael in the starting XI !!!!!!!!!

Job#2-bring in somebody who can challenge Hofmann, Fab Jo, Neuhaus and any other assorted dreck across from Benes.............

6. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Totally agree about Raffa,whats with not using more of raffa anyway??
    As for challenging Fab,Neuhaus an the rest....dont get me started.Lets hope Eberl can do some real work ....and add a couple of new strong candidates!
    :sick:

7. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    you're totally right! there are improvements in many departments... and I'm surprised it happened so soon... I'm more than quite satisfied [of course I'm not AS DEMANDING as Lucky ;-)]
    the lack of 'accuracy' isn't meant as supercritical grousing, it's just something which comes to my mind again and again when I listen to all this 'Meisterschaft' or 'top team'-talks (not from the club & players!)... for that, I'm pretty sure, you need better/faster ball circulation, better ball control and/or a better timed passing game.... other than last season our play is much more purposeful and focused: GREAT!... but often when I think they are trying to do the right thing yet again WE LOOSE the BALL! we're just wasting too much (the finishing in front is just a part of this)... that costs energy and it doesn't allow us to effectively control the game, to bring it home with ease (like against the Turks)... TOP TEAMS most often can do this

of course you can train this to some degree but at the end it's a question of quality, too ... f.e. Huub Stevens (who by the way some weeks ago told he would have liked to work for Borussia at least once in his career - well, he was born only a stone's throw over the border and could easily enter Gladbach-'territory' within walking distance) valuation of Embolo... his bouncing balls (see thursday)... this or Neuhaus passing to early or late or similar situations with other players are happening too often to make it really big... but I'm quite thrilled and curious how it will develop

[QUOTE="HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, post: 38366399I hope so too...that falling out of the EL will assist in our performance in the BL and as a team and our coaching staff all together...but u still imagined we should have moved up in such an easy group no???[/QUOTE]

seems the 'easy' tasks traditionally are the more challenging for Gladbach

8. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    #33 Bananenflanke, Dec 14, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    and instead you chose to get overly critical? ;-)))))
    checked my watch, it's more than a minute, at least ten!
    there are ALWAYS parts missing, this never ends!
    f.e. the Hoenesses, stuffed with money, have Lewa... they have NOTHING even close to him when he gets hurt or suspended!
    NOTHING NADA NIENTE NULLA NICHTS... JANIX! ;-)
    ... and they wish to have Zak because their 'defensive' midfielders are highly creative but rather weak and slow acting when it comes to defend their backyard
    that's them and D'mund (& L'zig too) is going for Haaland now that Favre -after being brainwashed- accepts a 'huge' forward... and when they have him suddenly a new piece is missing I'm sure ;-) the fulfilment of a desire immediately creates a new desire...
    not to speak of the rest; most of our opponents have bigger parts missing I guess...

in line with our good tradition I have to disappoint you ;-)
    the winter window stays closed I guess
    in summer (it is said) Eberl had an agreement with Goiginger to sign him in the case somebody would leave the squad... nobody did ...
    how high are the possibilities they add someone (no matter what position) in winter? no serious injuries anymore! being Spitzenreiter (at least until tomorrow ;-) AND (with any intern. matches lacking!) disposing of a totally OVERSTUFFED squad (which potentially creates many unhappy players)
    and WHO (available & affordable) would be the missing part?

9. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    Raffa is special forces... there are SITUATIONS where he really can help
    but even Neuhaus is much better suited for Rose-soccer than Raffa ... that's not Raffa's style and certainly not at his age
    the idea of stressing the opponent most of the time requires EVERYBODY to do his part... you take one out and the whole thing lies in ruins... Raffa on it's peak? well that's another story... I would use him more often but only in 2nd half and under certain circumstances

real work will be done in summer... at least 3-4 merited players will leave and Eberl is already working on the solutions

10. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For me...............there is no such thing........................

and:

if they want Zak it is primarily to hurt the club, don't get it twisted.
    They can "Bayern" many others from around the continent-but in and of itself that doesn't weaken the Foals.

Watching them choke away another season isn't my idea of a good time.