Pulisic starts - Chelsea vs Norwich, 7/14

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by Casper, Jul 14, 2020.

1. madvillain

madvillain Member+

Aug 28, 2011
    Club:
    Brooklyn Knights
    I wouldn't bet against you. What strange subs.

Chelsea's press is one of the worst presses I've seen from a top 4 side this year. Have no idea WTF Lamps does in the defensive parts of training but he needs to bring in new coaches and completely rework it.

2. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    after how utterly bizarre the leicester match was and then soton doing that to united in fergie time i wouldve played this one exceedingly cautiously were i frank...

3. madvillain

madvillain Member+

Aug 28, 2011
    Club:
    Brooklyn Knights
    First time I've seen CHO beat his man in a while.

4. madvillain

madvillain Member+

Aug 28, 2011
    Club:
    Brooklyn Knights
    Norwich are awful, not even Chelsea can blow this.

5. madvillain

madvillain Member+

Aug 28, 2011
    Club:
    Brooklyn Knights
    Why did Tammy come on again?

6. FirstStar

FirstStar Hustlin' for the USA

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    90+ minutes. Norwich have 2 shots, 0 on goal.

madvillain repped this.
  7. madvillain

madvillain Member+

Aug 28, 2011
    Club:
    Brooklyn Knights
    Tammy wins a corner and he saunters back like he just ran through half the Norwich team to score a golazo. lol.

8. nobody

nobody Member+

Jun 20, 2000
    I always feel bad for Giroud. I watched him play for Arsenal for years and always all the talk was about how much he needed replacing, And now at Chelsea it is like he's the guy who needs replacing with Tammy taking a lot of time and now Timo being bought. Guy is a World Cup winner, has been a primary goal scorer at multiple top Premier League teams, but no one seems to think he's a good player.

Anderson11, KenC, largegarlic and 2 others repped this.
  9. FirstStar

FirstStar Hustlin' for the USA

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And that's a wrap. 3 points secured.

10. Editor In Chimp

Editor In Chimp Member+

Sep 7, 2008
    He's kind of anachronistic nowadays since he's not particularly mobile and very unsuited for a up tempo side. However, against opposition that sit back he's so much better than Abraham. He's really technically gifted and combines well with clever attackers, and is great in the air.

butters59, largegarlic and nobody repped this.
  11. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    Rich people (French) McBride.

12. randomnoise

randomnoise Member

United States
    Mar 26, 2017
    They usually play Liquidator, but I couldn't hear it clearly enough to tell.

13. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Not sure if this was posted or not, but before the Match Giroud gave Pulisic advise on what to do in the final third & that is what happened for the goal

Winoman and KenC repped this.
  14. Bite o' the Cherry

Charlotte FC
    United States
    May 3, 2006
    Charlotte, NC, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, five internets doesn’t get a body much, but it’s nice to win on occasion!

15. Stan Collins

Stan Collins Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Silver Spring, MD
    That reminds me even more of the goal he scored a couple games ago with his left. It won't make his all-time highlight reel, but it was important for his Chelsea career. If you look at that clip, you can almost see the scouting report: "don't push up too tight and risk him dribbling you and drawing a penalty. Put him on his weaker foot and make him shoot with it." The defender 'showed' him that shot and Pulisic said "OK, I'll take it then."

Bajoro and Winoman repped this.
  16. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Not sure who made a scouting report that thought he has a weaker foot. I have watched almost every professional minute he has played, and he likes to start just left of center, but I haven't noticed a dominant foot or a reluctance to go either way.