PBP: Pulisic: BvB vs BM 11/10

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by smokarz, Nov 10, 2018.

1. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great call.

2. zlatan_but_a_car

Botswana Meat Commission FC
    United States
    Oct 16, 2017
    WOWWWWWWW great / bold call from the AR. Spot on.

3. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rested for international break? since when European clubs cares about friendlies.

superdave repped this.
  4. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    Wowww...BvB just got away with one..only a step offside

5. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is that it for Kovac?

6. zlatan_but_a_car

Botswana Meat Commission FC
    United States
    Oct 16, 2017
    Amazing match even if CP didn't get in. At the very least our boy is a step closer to being the first American to win the BuLi!

The only thing that's sad is that the Copa Libertadores got postponed due to weather, so that the end of high-stakes soccer for the day.

7. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    Fantastic game.

8. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    Thomas Dooley, Kaiserslautern

9. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    This is a GREAT game, even without CP. Very exciting and coming back twice by BvB to take the 3 points.

As for Pulisic? Not looking good, not good at all.

On day where BvB beats their arch rival, while CP is glued to the bench is just bad....really bad.

Especially when neither Sancho or Larsen add any productivity to the end results. Both were average at best in this game.

HartwickFan repped this.
  10. Method

Method Member

United States
    Aug 20, 2018
    Agreed. Sancho did much better in the 2nd but Larsen was not good at all...smh

11. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    I’d chill a minute. See if he was under the weather, injured, etc. no point being an over anxious parent.

12. FirstStar

FirstStar Hustlin' for the USA

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously? You take all the fun out of YA.

Jazzy Altidore repped this.
  13. orcrist

orcrist Member+

Jun 11, 2005
    Bay Area, California, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    *orcrist backs slowly away from his gasoline doused pile of BVB paraphernalia, holding the lit match in the air*
    "So... wait?"

aveslacker and taylor repped this.
  14. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

I don't find excuses. He's in the 18, he's healthy. Fact is, he couldn't get off the bench when his direct competitors are getting a 'meh' day at work.

Perhaps, this could be a good thing for him. Realize he's not a starter, and needs to fight harder. Gets hungrier.

15. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    But ... he is a starter. He started four days ago, in a big game. He plays in almost every game. Didn’t start today, and I’d wager would have been the third sub if they were tied or behind.

punintended_13 repped this.
  16. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Pulisic may not be completely fit, either. Whether pressured to get back in the rotation, or needing a little more time to get back into full form, he seems to be off lately, hopefully he'll recapture it soon.

17. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think there is nothing wrong with him. I think the coach felt Sancho was as good and physically stronger than Puli, thus, Sancho got the nod against a tougher opponent.

18. Douglas Campbell

BVB
    United States
    Mar 2, 2018
    I wish they would start Sancho and Pulisic together more often. Especially since Sancho is too tough competition for Pulisic. Is Larsen even that good?

19. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I think the double negative speaks for itself.

20. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't get the Sancho vs Pulisic stuff when Larsen is the iffy one. I guess they think they're too young to play together but thought it was funny to see Sancho getting the Pulisic treatment out on the right with not much help from his right back and having to try and get past defenders on his own the whole first half. Not sure who the two outside backs should be but whoever gets Hakimi behind them is at a big advantage. Guerreiro might be the answer to pair with him but he's not very good defensively.

21. bct81

bct81 Member+

multiple (DC United, Dortmund, Arsenal, Leeds....)
    United States
    Mar 17, 2007
    moving around the US every few years ....
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    CP is just going to have to get much hungrier, lethal in the attack and tough in his mind. Sancho is hands down down playing better than him. He needs to completely outshine Brunn Larsen and others in training and when he does get on the field, play lights out. And/or look with his agent to leave.

In the Man City game today an 18 year old ute for City came on in the 80th minute and immediately demanded the ball. I don’t see CP doing that at all now.

Woodrow repped this.