Puerto Rico FC's first opponent is Indy Eleven (2016 Schedule)

Discussion in 'Puerto Rico FC' started by JDogindy, Jan 14, 2016.

1. mng146

mng146 Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    Nothing wrong with being optimistic, but I interpret what I see (and don't see). I hope everything works out for the team, but I see an awful lot of missing pieces in the puzzle. With a July 2nd home opener on tap, they're rapidly running out of time to get them in place.

DanGerman repped this.
  2. USAsports6

USAsports6 Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Oct 17, 2014
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First off cut the attitude not sure why you're trying to act all high and mighty right now. Is a simple discussion so hard without coming off as condescending for you? He was actually the president... My bad? And also if they are almost ready to sign a player that probably means they're currently working on signing players.

3. The One X

The One X Member+

Sep 9, 2014
    Indiana
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    It won't be any use, he has a strong partisan bias against the NASL.

USAsports6 repped this.
  4. mng146

mng146 Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    You made an inaccurate statement to try and prove a point. You've done the same thing in other threads. Sorry if having that pointed out bothers you. You stated they were "already signing players", which is past tense.

5. mng146

mng146 Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    I got a good chuckle from that one! That statement isn't true at all, but if that's what you choose to believe, knock yourself out.

6. The One X

The One X Member+

Sep 9, 2014
    Indiana
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Well that is how you portray yourself on this forum. Whenever you post in an NASL forum it is always to say something negative about the NASL. If that isn't what you believe you might want to rethink your posting habits.

7. USAsports6

USAsports6 Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Oct 17, 2014
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have no issue with you pointing it out if I misspoke. It's this constant high horse you seem to like to put yourself on. The "do keep trying" comment is what bugs me and makes you come across as a child.

8. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Well today they let know on fb that they just landed in Atlanta for the NASL meetings tomorrow and Wednesday. That's some news :p

9. mng146

mng146 Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    Well, PuertoRicoFC.com is down. Hopefully, that means they're updating the site (finally).

10. bnyc

bnyc Member

Jan 20, 2015
    New York
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I hope everyone watching Rayo & Miami can see how difficult it is to start a team and be competitive from the get go; I think it's even more so for a team starting in the fall season when all other teams are 10 plus games ahead of them. I'm thinking PR will do well if they get more than 25 points from their 22 games this fall, I'm not hopeful.

11. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd be more concerned with the island's economy cratering and the high number of poverty-stricken people who will not be paying to go to soccer matches.

Plus, you know, Carmelo Anthony's midas touch. Because if there's one thing Carmelo Anthony has proven over the years, it's that he's a dependable problem-solver you can rely on.