Puerto Rican Soccer

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by artstrek98, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Seriously what?

2. ed4life

ed4life New Member

Mar 16, 2008
    Colombia and Ecuador both went into France and lost their games...I think Honduras needs to play European teams and WIN in order for ppl to call them "Giants"....a 4-0 win against PR doesnt make the "Giants"....

3. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders

I was trying to be nice to Houndurans, but im happy and im proud of our boys, Boss played very well so did Gores which is not what I expected. I was impressed with Cabrera de boy is good if he had a better team around him he could of scored one, he showed sparks of brilliance and his just in the infancie of his career, his not gona stay in the Islanders for long.

4. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Cabrero and the youngsters from the island are the future of PR. I've been saying it for a while and I'll continue to say it.

5. NoRightFoot

NoRightFoot Member

May 18, 2006
    Melbourne, at times.
    Club:
    Malmo FF
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    :eek:

6. NoRightFoot

NoRightFoot Member

May 18, 2006
    Melbourne, at times.
    Club:
    Malmo FF
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    As was I.

7. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Yea yea keep talking lets hope Bayamon doesnt turn into a massacre , and when its all over you can cheer us on in the next stage ;)

8. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Sure whatever, no vengas aqui a provocar.

9. chazsoccer

chazsoccer Member

Nov 22, 1999
    Republic of Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A Question: On the Fifa site it lists the motto of the Puerto Rican as "John is my name".

Could someone please explain what this means? How did they come up with motto? etc.

gracias!

10. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    It's the script on the bottom of the Puertorrican Coat of Arms.

11. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Well that dosnt explain anything, it comes from the original name of the island, San Juan Bautista, later it was switch to the name of the capital city, Puerto Rico. So the motto comes from the old name for the island.

12. chazsoccer

chazsoccer Member

Nov 22, 1999
    Republic of Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Thanks!

13. Zimbabwe_National

Zimbabwe_National New Member

Jan 15, 2007
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    lol no no thats surprisngly true...the giants part is well off but 3rd is true..

and we all enjoyed watching PR even if it was 4-0, if it didnt rain maybe things couldv been different who knows but a dogfight game nonetheless and fingers will be crossed PR pulls off a miracle maybe of 4-0 in PR :p

14. Deathdealer

Deathdealer New Member

May 16, 2006
    USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

I think you guys will have a future just like Cuba is growing, but you should (sudar la gota gorda primero), we have been doing it for years. Players are everywhere in the world and this is making a huge difference on how the face their success and pressure to win. Players are learning what it takes to win at a real professional level with all its different pressures it entails. Regardless of the rain Puerto Rico did a good job in holding the score at nil for as long as they did. Our mid field and forwards can play anywhere in world and be successful so thats an immense amount of pressure on your defense. Please don't get discouraged with the result or even the result of the game in Bayamon, I think the team is going to come in for a killing even if the bench goes in. I wish I could go but have doubt's for my expenses if I go. Although Fort Lauderdale to PR is not bad. I never been to PR but there people are great and women are gorgeous(little crazy but aren't they all).

Good luck guys and keep going forward, Hopefully you find some motivation out of this.

15. Azuran

Azuran Member

Nov 15, 2006
    Toronto, ON
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Well, at least you guys are going in the right way. As for motivation, just look at Panama. They use to be complete crap a decade ago.

16. rceveda

rceveda New Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    pa' lante boricuas... we're all latinos best of luck

17. cal-trin

cal-trin Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Mountain View, CA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Honduras and PR are listed in FIFA.com as playing a friendly today (6/6) 2 days after the qualifier??? can someone explain?

18. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It's a mistake

19. santeroatomico

santeroatomico New Member

Feb 16, 2006
    East End Houston
    TROLL

20. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    WTF are you talking about idiot? :rolleyes:

21. santeroatomico

santeroatomico New Member

Feb 16, 2006
    East End Houston
    Fui al juego de TFC y Dynamo. Con mi jersey del equipo nacional y mi badera de PR. Salude a MArcos de lejitos antes del juego. El jugo solo la primera mitad se veia cansado y no mantuvo buena cobertura. TFC lo usa muchos en "set peices". Concedio un goal en Stoppage al final de la primera mitad y no regreso a la cancha.

22. ARCE61

ARCE61 New Member

Jun 9, 2008
    SAN JUAN,PR
    Velez Is An Up And Coming Defender In Mls And All Kids In Pr Should Look Up To Him As An Inspiration

23. rico21

rico21 New Member

Jun 10, 2008
    Germany
    Wow!! I am proud of the Puerto Rican Soccer Team,,,I myself born from Puerto Rico have been playing since I was 7 from the beaches of Puerto Rico to the fields of Panama. Yes, being a Military brat I have been around the world. I have played in Korea as a Midfielder, and Sweeper for three years. Right now I am in Germany, I played for a year, and these last two years I have coached a Girls High School Soccer Team. My last year here in Germany, and I don't know where I am heading next, and man would I love to tryout for the Puerto Rican National Team. I will continue to follow the Puerto Rican Soccer!!

Peace Take Care,,

Soccer Ballin!!

24. rico21

rico21 New Member

Jun 10, 2008
    Germany
    I heard that yankiboy has all the connects in order to have a tryout for the Puerto Rican Soccer Team,,,,If this is so,,,"YankiBoy" Can I ask for some information...Thanks

25. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Try tryouts for USL 1 and 2 teams, to see if you make it in a squad, that way you can have a better chance of making the PR squad.