Puchon and Antalya Cup?

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Canadian_Supporter, Jan 18, 2003.

1. Canadian_Supporter

Staff Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Prostějov, CR
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I was reading on a Czech site that Puchon (I think from South Korea) are playing in the Antalya Cup against Sparta Praha, and Dinamo Bucharest.

Since I follow Czech soccer, I was wondering if someone could tell me a little about Puchon (that is if I have the right country!)

thanks

2. Korea_Fighting

Korea_Fighting Red Card

Jun 17, 2002
    Buchon is k-league team, yes. I will leave for others to explain further. :p

3. Canadian_Supporter

Staff Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Prostějov, CR
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Re: Re: Puchon and Antalya Cup?

Oh, sorry, I didn't know the team was called Buchon. I guess some thing must have been lost with the translation on the Czech page.

4. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    Re: Re: Re: Puchon and Antalya Cup?

Actually, the correct name is "Bucheon". We used to call "Puchon" instead of "Bucheon" before the Korean government announced a new system of romanization for the Korean laguage in 2000. :)

Now back to the topic,

Bucheon SK finished 7th in the table in 2001 K-league. Just before the end of the season, the club has hired a new head coach whose name is, Tinaz Tarpan, a former Turkish national team head coach.

5. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Bucheon is a struggling side, and I wouldn't expect anything classy from them. They were once the League's most promising but under-achieving team but now i guess the title "under-achieving" would be an overstatement.