Public Transportation?

Discussion in 'Washington Freedom' started by jrevs, Dec 23, 2008.

1. jrevs

jrevs New Member

Oct 21, 2007
    MA & DC
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm a car-less college student in DC at the moment, and was just wondering if there was any way to get to the SoccerPlex by public transportation? I know there is a commuter rail stop some distance away, but it only runs on weekdays... Any ideas out there?

2. Washington Freedom

Washington Freedom New Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Boyds, Md.
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    We're trying to figure something out but as of the moment the closest Metro stop is Shady Grove, which is still a few miles away from the SoccerPlex. One option might be the Freedom Fighters - they have talked about helping car-less members get to and from the SoccerPlex via a carpool system or something. I don't know the specifics, I will let Kevin take that.

As soon as we have something lined up we will let fans know. But be assured we are trying to find a way to solve the problem.

3. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We haven't worked out the details yet, but I'm figuring on some online way of saying, "I'm in such-and-such neighborhood, and I want to get to Saturday's game" combined with other people being able to say, "I'm in such-and-such neighborhood and have room for two passengers." Worse comes to worst, and we'll get someone to pick you up at a Red Line station off the I-270 corridor. No Fan Left Behind (tm)!

4. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We haven't worked out the details yet, but I'm figuring on some online way of saying, "I'm in such-and-such neighborhood, and I want to get to Saturday's game" combined with other people being able to say, "I'm in such-and-such neighborhood and have room for two passengers." Worse comes to worst, and we'll get someone to pick you up at a Red Line station off the I-270 corridor. No Fan Left Behind (tm)!

5. The_Whale

The_Whale Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg, MD
    There's also an Ride-On express bus that goes from the Shady Grove station to the Germantown Transit Center on 118 near 270. This is still some distance from the soccerplex but very convenient place to meet to ride share.