pub tour stop (4/22)

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Rev-eler, Apr 22, 2004.

1. Rev-eler

Rev-eler Member

Feb 13, 2000
    San Francisco
    just a reminder....website has the revolution "pub tour" stopping at the goodtime emporium, somerville tonight at 6:00pm

revolution pub tour 2004

hmm....goodtimes and the irish village only places listed. did the overdraught not want it? maybe not contacted?

2. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    I believe The OverDraught is/will be participating. Only pubs shown seem to be in the next couple of weeks, so maybe the full schedule hasn't been posted. Might have to stop by Irish Village - I'm only a ten minute walk from there and I've been wanting to check out the recent renovations.

3. Mike Toole

Mike Toole New Member

Dec 23, 2002
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone else going to this tonight? My wife and I am, and I'm wondering if we're the only ones.

4. Rev-eler

Rev-eler Member

Feb 13, 2000
    San Francisco
    look at it this way....you guys may have andy dorman, felix brilliant, and richie baker all to yourselves.
    ;)

5. Rev's Irish Rose

Rev's Irish Rose New Member

Feb 13, 2004
    Somerville, MA.
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    My husband , Peter and I will also be going tonight as we live here in Somerville and would not miss an opportunity to support our soccer team. I am NOT a huge fan of TNT who in my opinion is not very fan- friendly. When I asked him on one occasion to sign my Rev's yearbook, he took it, signed it and handed it back to me and I felt like I was being fobbed off, like I was a nuisance.On the other hand, Adin Brown and the rest of the team have been SOOOO nice to me on the numerous occasions I have met the team at Logan Airport as they travel to their away games.All were only too happy to sign the Yearbook for me and some of them even wrote personal messages to me. I am of the opinion that TNT has a swelled head. Tonight can either confirm or deny that for me.

6. Rev-eler

Rev-eler Member

Feb 13, 2000
    San Francisco
    a couple yrs ago taylor signed a revs visa credit card (mine) for my wife w/o question. in fact, he joked she must be a die-hard to have one. little does he know he co-signed a car loan for me.
    :D
    (kidding...card is dead)

7. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The reason I collect player autographs is for this elaborate check cashing scheme I've got cooking. Problem is, the MLS guys don't have any money. Barry Bonds, on the other hand, won't even notice that missing $50,000. It's like $5 to you and me :p

8. Rev's Irish Rose

Rev's Irish Rose New Member

Feb 13, 2004
    Somerville, MA.
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    We went to the meet and greet tonight at GOOD TIMES. Only a handful of people showed up. I have definetely changed my opinion of TNT. He was very gracious to everyone and we had a great two hours with him and Adin. There were posters and pins for the fans, and autograph signing and photo taking.What a pity so few people showed up but all to the advantage of those who came. We will go to the next one for more of the same!!

9. MouseyTongue

MouseyTongue New Member

Feb 16, 2001
    a box in the Chairma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No way, they would have to share them with the interpreter ;)

10. Ross

Ross Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Straight outta Qtown
    Maybe there weren't many people there because not many knew about it. I hadn't checked the Revs site for a few days and hadn't looked at BS all day. And it was Good Times after all....

Sounds like you had a good time Revs Irish Rose!

See you on the bus.

amy

11. Rev-eler

Rev-eler Member

Feb 13, 2000
    San Francisco
    6:00 was just too hard to make.
    good to hear a couple of the big names were there....its not always like that.

12. conquerant

conquerant New Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be out of town that weekend, but if I'm back in time I'll join you, I'm only a five minute walk from there!

13. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Courtesy of the Revs:

"THIS SUNDAY -- Head Coach Steve Nicol and midfielder Richie Baker will be at The Irish Village in Brighton, Mass., for the second stop of the Revolution Pub Tour 2004.

[​IMG]

Come out at 6:00 p.m. on Sunday, May 2, and join Nicol and Baker at one of the Official Veiwing Locations for the Revs away games."

The establishment is located at 224 Market Street in Brighton, the phone being (617) 787-5427. Getting there is pretty easy, as the 86 bus runs right down Market Street past the pub. You can catch this bus at Cleveland Circle, in Harvard Square, etc. You can also take the 57 bus to the stop at the corner of Washington and Market Streets in Brighton Center and walk down Market Street from there, probably will take you about 10 minutes.