PSV vs. Arsenal [R] Pre/Post Match (Champion's League)

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Catfish, Nov 20, 2004.

1. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't expect Rosenborg to lay down and the way Arsenal are playing right now....nothing is certain.

2. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. savan

savan New Member

May 16, 2004
    Norway
    That's the right attitude!! I'm really looking forward to this match, even though it's next year ;)

Would have loved to be in England, for sure..

You should also be glad it wasn't you who took the trip to Norway tonight.. The field was just covered in mud,and the players were all brown from it! It was almost impossible to play, and the match was almost cancelled!

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152839&page=1&pp=15

check out the pictures, and this was BEFORE the match.. imagine how it was during...!! The ball wouldn't move when you tried to run with it, and people fell all over the place!

4. AmericanGunner

AmericanGunner New Member

Sep 7, 2003
    U.S.A.
    Will Rosenborg even bring a full strength team? Even with a win they are not going to go any further in the competition. Lets say they bring a full strength side. There is no motivation other than beating a big club. The longer the game is up for grabs they'll give it a go. Even though there season is over and they'll be rested, the lack of a game will have them a little 'dull' and not sharp.
    If we score early, they'll fold I think. Because there is no motivation. I expect we'll win 2-0.

5. Senor Askew

Senor Askew Member

Jan 19, 2001
    San Francisco, CA.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rats, another draw.
    This will complicate things.

What the heck has happened to our invincibles?

6. CelticOnFire

CelticOnFire New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    London right now
    I just wanted to Chime in that I was at the Globe for this game. It was my first time tehre and it was pretty cool seing the Chicago Gunners there...in the sense that tese guys made it in terrible driving conditions to watch thier team on tape dealy...bravo

7. Rui Costa

Rui Costa New Member

Nov 9, 2004
    I was unimpressed by Lyungberg and Pires.

8. ArsonistARSE

ArsonistARSE New Member

Jan 20, 2001
    Chicago

9. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    i didnt even notice Reyes was playing

imagine we get into the Uefa Cup :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

that would be disgusting and i hope Wenger plays the reserves
    Uefa Cup win is like League Cup win
    you are embarrased to win it
    except Liverpool who claimed it in their loser treble

10. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004
    I agree on Pires but did you see the first goal? Ljungberg played well eventhough he had to play as a right back and Central Midfielder for long stretches of the match.

11. savan

savan New Member

May 16, 2004
    Norway
    I expect them to bring a full-strength team, and no we're not "out of season".. We have the Royal League!

12. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I like Arsenal but after last night's game I now realise why they don't do better in Europe: they can't cope with continental refereeing. Which is strange as there's so many continentals in the squad.

Van Bommel committed a number of fouls but was being very clever about it, sucking up to the ref as he always does. Arsenal players could do with a couple of Van Bommel lessons.

Arsenal will get through to the second round no problem though.

13. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yet another soft goal given away, yet another draw. Wenger has mentioned giving away goals from set pieces before, he needs to get them out on the training ground and not let them go home until they've got it right.

14. MOGG

MOGG New Member

Nov 23, 2004
    Ireland
    Re: PSV vs. Arsenal [R] Post Match (Champion's League)

1-1, another fairly disappointing draw for the Arsenal. Both Pires and Ljunberg need to be replaced soon if Arsenal want to score more goals, Reyes was very disappointing and Henry didn't look comfortable at all last night... Van Prsie looks like an exciting prospect as does Fabregas who has to win the premierships young player of the year this season, I find it hard to beleive he is only 17 as he has superb awareness of what is going on and can spot the runs of Henry and pick him out, 1 for the future... I still think Arsenal will get through and will get stronger as the comprtition progresses......