PSV vs. Arsenal [R] Pre/Post Match (Champion's League)

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Catfish, Nov 20, 2004.

1. Suckafree

Suckafree Member

Sep 16, 2002
    B-Town
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. martymarts

martymarts Member

Mar 11, 2003
    NYC
    Duuuuude! I'm not saying we should pump Wimbledon style high balls into the box for Titi to try and get his bonce on! I'm taking about early balls played just over the defence, where TH14 is sitting on the last mans shoulder so it's a straight race between him, the last defender and the keeper for the ball. Titi has an hatful of this type of goal, one scored not so long ago coutesy of JAR. It's a percentage ball and double marking won't stop it happening, if the pass is on the nose!

3. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    our destiny is in our hands.

we win we go through, or at least we improve our chances.

They better come out fighting. I fear that we come out fighting and PSV just sits back and absorbs the pressure for the first 20 or so minutes and if we do not score early its going to be bad. Then again, we could score early and then sit back and defend and just give PSV every opportunity to score.

4. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Injury Update

Campbell back in squad for PSV trip

By Chris Harris

Sol Campbell is back in the Arsenal squad but Arsene Wenger has yet to decide whether to recall him for Wednesday night's Champions League clash with PSV Eindhoven.

The England defender has made just six first-team appearances this season but could return to action in Holland exactly a month after his last game - that 2-0 defeat against Manchester United at Old Trafford.

"Sol Campbell has travelled but I will decide tomorrow whether to play him or not," confirmed Wenger. "We decided to give him a hard session on Saturday and he responded well."

The Arsenal manager had mixed news over two other players whose participation against PSV was in doubt.

Mathieu Flamini has shrugged off the knee injury which ruled him out of Saturday's 1-1 draw with West Bromwich Albion, but Dennis Bergkamp will not be making the trip to his home country.

"Dennis is injured," said Wenger. "He has a little Achilles problem so he stayed behind. But Mathieu Flamini has travelled; we don't have too many in midfield."

Arsenal squad:

1 Jens LEHMANN
    24 Manuel ALMUNIA
    3 Ashley COLE
    4 Patrick VIEIRA
    7 Robert PIRES
    8 Fredrik LJUNGBERG
    9 Jose Antonio REYES
    11 Robin VAN PERSIE
    12 LAUREN
    14 Thierry HENRY
    15 Francesc FABREGAS
    16 Mathieu FLAMINI
    18 Pascal CYGAN
    20 Philippe SENDEROS
    21 Jermaine PENNANT
    23 Sol CAMPBELL
    28 Kolo TOURE
    31 Justin HOYTE

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?...id=&Title=Campbell+back+in+squad+for+PSV+trip

6. bergkamp10

bergkamp10 New Member

Feb 10, 2003
    Toronto, Canada
    It is on the Sentanta Pub Channel at 5pm SDD. Don't tell me that you are going to hold off until 10pm?

Come on you Gunners!

7. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    guess whose productivity at work is going to severly decline tomorrow at 1:30 CST?

mine

8. naggi

naggi Member

Feb 15, 2002
    san francisco
    The last 2 years, we've had big results away in Europe the week of Thanksgiving, last year, 1-5 against Inter at San Siro, the year before 1-3 at Roma in Olympic Stadium. Here's to getting another big away result tomorrow to set up a nice Turkey day.

9. ajaxpsv

ajaxpsv New Member

Nov 8, 2004
    L.A.
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The PSV defense,has been very good this year. The Midfield,with Van Bommel,and Cocu,plus who ever else 'Gus' picks is solid. The forwards,I hope are DeMarcus Beasley,Sibon(1.97 m),and Farfan starting,with Vonlanthen as a sub.
    Arsenal have a few missing players,due to injury,but are still a very strong team.
    I wish I still had my 'seat in the stands',and could see the game live!! It should be a great game to watch!
    BTW:Farfan,and DeMarcus are very fast,and 'active'!! :cool:

10. Rapids/Arsenal Fan

Mar 8, 2001
    Denver, CO USA
    No kidding. Me too.

BBC Five Live looks to be doing an internet audio broadcast of the match tomorrow. I don't have the website URL, but you can google "BBC Five Live Sport" and that'll take you to the page with the details.

Come on you Gunners!!!!!

11. babyduck85

babyduck85 New Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Malaysia
    i really think this is a must win... nvm what the stats say b'coz it's about confidence. the boys aren't playing the way they used to, and the longer it goes on, the worse their confidence will be.

wenger has to come up with a kick-ass dressing room speech...

i'd love campbell back if he's fit enough. we definitely need the man back there... i still have those horrific pics of cygan's own goal... :eek:

anyway, let's just hope to hell...

12. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    wow... interesting naggi.. nice post m8~
    lets hope for 3 on the trot~

13. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    i can't listen to any audio because I'm on the phone all day for work

14. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is why god blessed us with 2 ears. Get some earbuds and give it a shot. I'm sure no one will notice when you start screaming insanely at pivotal points in the match. :D

15. martymarts

martymarts Member

Mar 11, 2003
    NYC
    Just found a free site with links to streams for todays game. Can't vouch for the quality or safety or if the links will work, but, other than a couple of pop-ups it looks okay: http://www.freefootball.org/upcoming.php

If that doesn't work links are also available at http://www.soccerstreams.com/ which has a $1 joining fee. It seems to work pretty well, though you're not guaranteed every game; didn't have the WBA game.

As for BBC 5Live. They do broadcast CL games on the radio, but generally don't have the internet rights. If anyone knows a way around please let me know

16. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mine as well almost every Wed. when the Arsenal plays! Hope to get an audio link working. I hate having to wait for the updates on uefa.com. Just keep the speakers low and limit the yelling :)

17. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Great thinking, naggi. I too am very excited for the possibilities of this CL match. I know PSV are playing great footie in the Dutch Eredivise. I hope DeMarcus Beasley has a great match for PSV, BUT Arsenal still win.

I will be following this one via match tracker. Probably the 1st AFC match during the week that I can actually follow!!! All of you desk people are so lucky, I teach high school and never get on the Net until 7 or 8pm.

Kick OFF Countdown.......less than 5 hours!! SWEEEEEEEEET!

18. TheImposter

TheImposter Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Centerville, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm with you Coach -- kids are off school, so I took the day off. First weekday match I've been able to get for a long time -- don't even have internet access at work, and I'm a psychologist, so I spend all my time talking with people anyway. Wouldn't go over real well to listen to the match at the same time, eh?

Go on you Gooners!

19. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    i do not have any speakers :(

20. Potatoe985

Potatoe985 Member

Aug 13, 2004
    PA
    bluto a headphone jack? if not run out buy some then return them after the match haha

21. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Less than a 1/2 hr to kick-off.......COME ON YOU GUNNERS!!!!

22. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    well, we win we got through.

And I now wish I was going on the Arsenal America trip!!!!

thank god we got the draw, will watch highlights tonight

23. rgrayson

rgrayson New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    this is ridiculous

[​IMG]

24. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    Henry gets lighters thrown at him all the time, who cares?

25. savan

savan New Member

May 16, 2004
    Norway
    Isn't this what happened?
    RBK have nothing to play for facing you in England. I think it's safe to say you're trough.. But don't be too confident, the players could loosen up and just play for the fun of it.. We might give you some trouble...(I'm hoping ;) )