PSV rules

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by freekicker, Oct 26, 2004.

1. RaJitsu

RaJitsu New Member

Not even a third of the season has been played. Everythng can happen. I hope Ajax will get it together, for the sake of Dutch football, so they can go true in Europe.

John de Jong is injured, o for the coming weeks, someone from the bench will become a 1st-11-player. I hope it's going to be Vonlanthen. And as a striker, so a 4-4-2. But he's also capable to play on the wing. But Hiddink probably will move Park to the '10', Farfán on the right and put Beasley :( on the left. Unfortunately, because I think he's just not good enough.

2. rapscallion

rapscallion New Member

May 1, 2002
    I think Vonlanthen should be getting more time than he currently is getting. I think he has a chance to be a lot better than both Beasley and Farfan. He's probably better than Park as well, but I don't think he can match his work rate.

3. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Wow, all these PSV supporters are coming out from hiding.

4. Jacque_s

Jacque_s New Member

Aug 13, 2004
    i thought DMB would be better than park, but after watching park in past few games, i am not so sure.
    haven't seen enough of vonlanthen to make any judgement.

5. A-J-A-X

A-J-A-X New Member

Jul 14, 2004
    South London, UK
    well said. They are like those loners, hiding in the shadows until they find something in common to congregate on... :p

6. PSVEHVN

PSVEHVN New Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Hahaha, sorry but if you're looking for that kind of 'sing-when-your-winning' supporters you really have to look at those Ajax supps

7. johan derksen

johan derksen BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 14, 2004
    Venlo, Netherlands
    Hey, no bad words about the Ajax-supporters!
    They're so popular in Holland that even in games without Ajax participating crowds start singing "Ajax-publiek ajax-publiek, ajax-ajax, ajax-publiek..."

:D

8. A-J-A-X

A-J-A-X New Member

Jul 14, 2004
    South London, UK
    Glad to see we keep the light-hearted jesting going on. :)

9. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Funny coming from a psv fan.... of all fangroups in the Netherlands Ajax get the most stick... but psv isn't taken seriously by anyone. Never have been and probably never will.

10. johan derksen

johan derksen BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 14, 2004
    Venlo, Netherlands
    Ahww, did we make you cry AFCA?

:eek:

11. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    That is at least partly true. I thought the banners they brought to the Ajax game were pretty funny though especially the 'na vandaag weer de verwachtingen bijstellen'. Come on, that WAS funny.

12. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Nah, big boys don't cry Johan 2 :D

I never said they weren't funny Johan 1. I think they're very funny.

13. Jacque_s

Jacque_s New Member

Aug 13, 2004
    why does it seem like that psv are playing better now that kezman and robben are gone? am i way off?

14. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Not really... they've been playing pretty wel lately. When do psv play Arsenal at home? Should be interesting.

15. PSVEHVN

PSVEHVN New Member

Jul 18, 2004
    If the results are bad, they always talk about things like supporters etc. and always say PSV is not a true 'big club' and it will never be and that kind of bllsht. Everyone has his own club and thoughts about other clubs....

16. A-J-A-X

A-J-A-X New Member

Jul 14, 2004
    South London, UK
    I cannot consider PSV big when they have to accept the financial crutch of another club (Chelsea FC) to fund the acquisition of players (Alex, and now Robinho probably).

I also cannot consider PSV to be a big club when because of this financial crutch they act as a feeder club (Robben, Kezman, to Chelsea). I am sure there are more to be had too, but I cannot remember their names.

PSV is big in Holland, yes. In Europe? Getting there...

But to lay it out for you, when you ask someone half-knowledgeable about the sport in Canada or the US about teams in Europe, once you get past all of the big English/Italian/Spanish teams, inevitably Ajax pops up before PSV - and that is the true measure of a big club.

17. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Not really, like I said... psv fans have never been taken seriously. Not when Ajax was as good as bankrupt and not when Ajax won the CL in 95.

And let's not forget that without the backing of Philips, psv would not nearly have been as big as they are now. They probably would have been just another club from just another medium sized Dutch town.

18. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Half-knowledgeable indeed. Sorry but that's nonsense. When you say PSV is not a big club you immediately acknowledge that Ajax is worth even less in Europe - please check UEFA club rankings, and please compare what PSV has done for Holland's UEFA coefficient to what Ajax has done for Holland's UEFA coefficient of late. Both Feyenoord and PSV have done better than Ajax according to UEFA's rankings. Ajax carry their past with them and it's mainly thanks to that past that people (especially people overseas it seems) still think they're the biggest club in Holland. While it was a glorious past indeed, all respect to them, let's just stick with the fact please: over the past five years PSV has done better than Ajax. Full stop, no doubt about it whatsoever.

Also the argument that PSV is a feeder club is a bit of a joke coming from an Ajax fan. At least PSV don't have to let go of their star players mid-season, and at least when they do have to let star players go, the other players can cope. Ajax clearly can't.

I do respect PSV, mainly for the consistency in their management and their clear long-term objectives (which is where Ajax goes wrong time and again). They handle themselves very well, never panic, don't sell off players after one good season, don't give up on players after one bad season either.

That said, PSV fans don't have much respect in the Dutch football community, AFCA was right there.

19. A-J-A-X

A-J-A-X New Member

Jul 14, 2004
    South London, UK
    Screw Rankings - in Canada and the US (which I was referring to) the clubs you will hear about are Man Utd., Chelsea, Real Madrid, Juventus, AC Milan, Barcelona, Arsenal, Glasgow Rangers and Celtic... maybe Bayern. After that, the most universally known club (at least in Toronto parts) would be Ajax NOT PSV.

As I said, a measure of a 'big' club is how well semi-knowledgeable fans of the game can relate and/or discuss a team. And people are far more adept at discussing Ajax then they are PSV. End of story.

20. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

how many thousands of times do i need to remind that psv, and especially feyenoord, built that "lofty" ranking mainly on uefa cup... where as AJAX get their points in the CL - it ain't exactly the same thing

in addition, neither has come even remotely close to the best AJAX CL finish in 5 years

and let's not forget they are the champions... glorious past indeed!

21. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    So because Ajax is more talked about than PSV in Canada and the US, where obviously a great many true conoisseurs of football live, that confirms that Ajax is a bigger club than PSV. Er....... Have you any idea of how silly that sounds, at all? If we were to go on what people in Canada and the US think, football would be classfied a mickey mouse sport.

Ajax's history is far more glorious than PSV's, I'll give you that. But performances over the past five years and at present do not justify your claim that Ajax is a bigger club than PSV.

22. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    PSV have won us far more UEFA coefficient points than Ajax in the past five years. That's what counts, and that's a fact and you know it. Truth of the matter is that Ajax is no longer the pillar of Dutch football it once was. Live with it.

23. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

1-are you so slanted towards AJAX that you can't admit that uefa cup points are easier than CL points? for the 1001st time, a win in either tournament earns the same amount of points

2-NEWSFLASH: "bigger" doesn not mean "has the most coefficient points in the last 5 years"

you're sounding silly again...

24. AjaxGunner

AjaxGunner New Member

Mar 18, 2004
    UEFA Cup = Mickey Mouse. Watch out, or Disney may soon come to Enschede.

25. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    While I hate to do this, if you look at the part of your post that I bolded, you see how your argument falls apart.