PSV Eindhoven

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by RWB1, Jul 1, 2017.

1. No, too early for him. He needs to go to a lower club first to make coaching miles. Remember, the soccerstars who failed as coaches were the ones given the fast track. Slow is the way to go.

2. BPBlueSox

BPBlueSox Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Aug 21, 2003
    Georgia
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I feel like I read talk somewhere of him perhaps going to Heerenveen?

3. Just speculations based on his history as a player with H'veen.
    It would be a good starting point though for a freshman coach, but a Keukenkampioen club might be best.

4. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    PSV go down to AZ in Eindhoven. I watched most of the match and the only talent on this team are Gapko and Sangare. Veerman was invisible and subbed off for Zahavi at the 60th minute.

5. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I don't think you watched the game. Well maybe but the way you have put it, doesn't give the true picture. PSV started with 352 with Doan and Gakpo upfront. While AZ were mostly playing through the flanks stretching the game, PSV were more compact given both gakpo and Doan were cutting in from the flanks even though playing as strikers. In situations where they were sucked out on the flanks, gotze also didn't venture forward in the box to coverup as false striker (tactically). Literally there was no one in the box to atleast to put pressure on defenders or provide threat in the box. Doan, though he possess some degree of technical ability. He is a very one dimensional player and Schmidt has really failured to pick this up even from the Ajax game. He is so predictable as he can't go outside and has to cut in and then playing him as a striker was just a horrendous decision . Gakpo was indeed the brightest spark but again like I said in situations where he was sucked on the flanks or tracked back in the middle , Doan and Gotze did not make any effort to move up into the box to provide an outlet for him. When the gakpo had the ball on his flank, Doan would still be on his flank and Gotze further behind in the middle.

In midst of this veerman and sangare ended up playing shot passes in build up phase and get the ball up in dangerous areas. I also would say sangare was better than veerman , particularly in the duals but he did lose poesession in most of dual when trying to break through. The wingbacks also did not help them in this situation as both Mauro junior and Mwene played low attacking line.

Now when Veerman and Doan was subbed off, PSV reverted back to 433 and the game changed instantly. From compact, they started playing wide with gakpo and vertessen on the flanks and Zahavi in the middle. This is when the game opened up and PSV looked more dangerous. Unfortunately the blunder by the GK decided the game.
    Going back to Veerman, he was in the mix but he really didn't have much option given the formation and how compact PSV were playing. You look at the Ajax game in contrast last week , he was really in the thick of things in more free flowing formation. Even if you look at when they reverted back 433, Boscagli who moved up to his position was more lively than him but it was because of how the game opened up and the the space it created. Mainly due to the gakpo and vertessen who started stretching the defense from the flanks and with Zahavi further in middle attracking CMs to cover up as well. It has to be noted with Veerman, there needs to be an outlet as an players in open spaces or typical in one two linking up situation. Now if you look at the game, he didn't have much options picking out anybody upfront. He was just linking up laterally with wingbacks, and with sangare and Gotze in the middle.

I liked Boscagli's game as well. He started in the middle of the 3 man backline and was rovering back and forth and then when he moved up in 433, was lively as well. Teze and obispo also looks like good defenders in the making and really played well in defense. The decision by Schmidt to bench Drommel also backfired and cameras were quick to focus on Drommel after the Mvogo made the blunder and then onto Schmidt with a cold face. Madueke has been big loss for PSV and I don't think Doan and Bruma is up to his level. Vertessen is looks good but as an impact player. PSV needs to invest in some quality forwards if they want to aim higher. Backline and midfield have good depth. If gakpo departs in summer, they need to have back up of his quality.

6. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I watched the match and saw a clueless trainer and a bunch of players who are just not very good. You can try to explain everything away but the fact remains that Feyenoord are very likely to pass PSV. PSV failed in the Champions League earlier in the season and will likely fall out of Europe all together.

7. Schmidt is a full trottle/high pressure game coach. Unfortunately the management didnot do the job of supplying him with the necesary players for that kind of game last summer. And paying a failure like Zahavi in the sense not scoring the goals that matter (remember the miss against Benfica?) a rumoured 2 million a year, that could have been spent on Sam Lammers is a misjudgement.
    Slot at Feyenoord on the other hand plays a similar game, but with players suited to it.

8. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    HIs version of high pressure is really poorly thought out. They seldom get double teams up high in contrast to Ajax who have a very high percentage of double teams that force turnovers. He leaves the flanks open for attacking.

9. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Ruud van Nistelrooy is PSV's next head coach. Fred Rutten is his assistant. I expect to see plenty of goals :D:D

10. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    LOL, I don't see PSV challenging for anything soon. I remember when RvN was an assistant with the NT. He did seem to know what was going on. Maybe he is just the poster boy and Rutten is the real manager.

11. https://www.voetbalprimeur.nl/nieuw...at-is-geen-toeval-het-zit-goed-in-elkaar.html
    PSV zag Feyenoord de finale halen: 'Dat is geen toeval, het zit goed in elkaar'
    13:48, Vandaag
    Eredivisie 16 Reacties
    Roger Schmidt is onder de indruk van Feyenoord. De trainer van PSV, die het zondag met zijn ploeg in De Kuip op zal moeten nemen tegen de kersvers Conference League-finalist, keek donderdagavond met veel interesse naar de verrichtingen van de Stadionclub.
    Eerder dit seizoen won Feyenoord al met 0-4 in het Philips Stadion en PSV is dus al gewaarschuwd. "Het is indrukwekkend wat Feyenoord laat zien, het hele seizoen al", zegt hij op een persconferentie, opgetekend door Voetbal International. "Het is een uitgebalanceerde ploeg. Ze beschikken over een goede trainer. Voetballend, fysiek en qua mentaliteit zit het ook goed in elkaar. Het is dus geen toeval dat ze in de finale staan. Het wordt een zware wedstrijd, dat weten we."

Feyenoord speelde donderdagavond nog negentig minuten in Europees verband. Dat hadden er met een Franse goal ook 120 kunnen zijn, maar Schmidt vindt het niet erg dat dat niet gebeurd is. "Ik hoop nooit op zwakheden van de tegenstander. We focussen op onszelf, dat is het enige waar we invloed op hebben. Natuurlijk is het voor hen een uitdaging. Maar wij hebben eerder ook al laten zien dat het kan, toen we de bekerfinale speelden."

Schmidt komt met blessure-update bij PSV: einde seizoen voor zestal
    10:57, Vandaag
    Eredivisie
    Roger Schmidt heeft een grote blessure-update gegeven bij PSV, in aanloop naar de topper tegen Feyenoord. De Duitse oefenmeester stelt dat Mario Götze en Noni Madueke weer terugkeren bij de selectie. André Ramalho zal niet in actie komen in De Kuip, terwijl het seizoen van Phillipp Mwene, Ryan Thomas, Armando Obispo, Olivier Boscagli, Carlos Vinícius en Yorbe Vertessen er al op zit.

Götze kampte met een lichte blessure, waardoor hij het duel met Willem II moest laten schieten. De Duitse middenvelder is nu weer helemaal fit. Dat geldt dus ook voor Madueke, die dit seizoen al verschillende spierblessures opliep. Schmidt hoopte ook dat Ramalho in actie kon komen in De Kuip, maar de blessure van de Braziliaan is ernstiger dan verwacht.

Het is echter niet uitgesloten dat Ramalho nog minuten gaat maken dit seizoen. Dat is anders voor Mwene, Thomas, Obispo, Boscagli, Vinícius en Vertessen. Schmidt zegt dat hij dit seizoen niet meer rekent op het zestal. Dat zorgt ervoor dat de spoeling in de voor- en achterhoede dun is bij PSV.

De Eindhovenaren komen dit seizoen in totaal nog drie keer in actie, tegen Feyenoord, NEC en PEC Zwolle. Koploper Ajax staat momenteel vier punten voor.

Mwene, Thomas, Obispo, Boscagli, Vinícius en Vertessen komen dit seizoen allemaal niet meer in actie bij PSV.

— Rik Elfrink (@RikElfrink) May 6, 2022

12. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Wow, PSV have some critical injuries, same as Ajax. Obviously they need to win this match against Feyenoord to have any chance at the title.

13. So for the clash coming sunday Mario Götze en Noni Madueke are back and Mwene, Thomas, Obispo, Boscagli, Vinícius en Vertessen are out, while Ramalho is declared out, but you never know.

Fitness after an energy draining match, mentally and physically, is an issue for Feyenoord. Key will be what the score situation is at the 60 minute mark.

14. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Do you think they can keep Gakpo and Sangare?

15. I've no clue.
    Think for Gakpo it depends on how much value he puts on being part of the Qatar selection. You only have a few months to carve out a spot in a new team and establish a good form for the Worldcup. Seems to me too much. He hanot proven yet to be able to sustain a whole season without serious injuries preventing him to play. It's not going to be easier in leagues that demand more physically.
    Personally I think his best decision would be to stay another season to build up physical strength.

16. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Spot on. Gakpo should learn from Malen… dominating in Eredivisie didn’t necessarily translate to an instant success abroad (though to Malen’s defense, he was playing second fiddle to arguably the hottest young striker in Haaland). Also note Bergwijn’s mighty struggle with Spurs.

With World Cup looming, it’s better for Gakpo to get his rhythm by playing regularly for PSV. Probably good business for PSV too, if Gakpo explodes in the W.C., they can demand hefty price.

17. DutchFanatic

DutchFanatic Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    PSV just signed Xavi Simons. Very cool transfer, I am excited to see what Simons can bring in the Eredivisie! Great opportunity for both PSV and the player himself. Those are the kind of players we like to see in the Eredivisie, so its a hell of a buy from PSV! Can't wait to see Ihattaren and Simons this upcoming year... two players with potential that we desperately need in Oranje.

If PSV can hold onto their players and add someone like De Jong, they have a hell of a team for the upcoming season.

18. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Free (!!) transfer, if I understood correctly. That is really cool. Low risk, extremely high reward transaction. If (or when) Simons blows up, PSV can make a ton of money from his future transfer. Gotze is out, so hopefully Simons will get plenty of minutes right away.

PSV also signed (on loan) highly-rated defender Ki Jana Hoever.

DutchFanatic repped this.
  19. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Looking forward to seeing Simons. Lots of hype. Hoever too should be a good signing with lots to prove. Nice work by PSV.
    Hopefully Gakpo stays and continues his development under RVN.

20. Judging from what's going on in the transfermarket with PSV I wonder if their sponsor donated some of those stupidly expensive machines to them.

21. PSV coupled with AS Monaco for the CL qualies and faces Boadu.

22. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    For the sake of the UEFA coefficient, let's hope PSV does better than last year. I think this will be a tough test for them and I'm interested to see if van Nistleroi can manage.

richsavare repped this.
  23. Yeah, hope so.
    Dunno how much time is left to prep the team for that confrontation.

24. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    First match is August 2 or 3 with the follow up a week later.