PSV Eindhoven 2012/2013=The Red/White Army

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Aztattooedsean777, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Sporting are skint and haven't paid his wages in months. It's the same reason why Arias is coming over as well. Some rumours floating around that PSV have agreed to pay the wages that they were owed on top of the transfer fee that was paid.

2. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'm a bit excited about this PSV side.

• Maher
    • Depay
    • Locadia
    • Rekik
    • Bruma
    • Willems
    • Hendrix
    • Zoet

All Dutch up and comers. Most of them are good footballers. Then a foreign pearl: Bakkali. Wish he had Dutch nationality. I also like Hiljemark. Not even the footballer perse, but just how he comes across. I think he will prove to be a good acquisition.

The only thing that is a bit curious is the fact that Rekik is only a few months older than hendrix and is maybe one of his biggest competitors for the future Dutch senior NT. Rekik has not much experience either and developing Hendrix could have been a PSV priority. That having said, age is only a number and some players are physically ready earlier than others. Hendrix is a pretty tiny fellow for a defender. I'm going to focus on build up quality's Hendrix vs Rekik. Curious who is better at it. My first impression is that Hendrix is a bit more calm with the ball, but have to see much more first.

Can't wait for the season to start.

3. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    PSV will continue to leak goals against quality opposition. Since Toivonen has not extended his contract and wants away and Lens has already gone, this club will not be as dangerous as last year in the offensive half.

4. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I think PSV is stronger than last year, and has a better coach as well.

I was thinking Ajax had a big advantage seeing that PSV has an almost entirely new team but I'm afraid PSV is going to be a proper team before I had initially anticipated.

5. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    After a sudden downfall following their meteoric rises, I think Bruma and Willems will finally "get" it this season. In the case of Bruma, it's like his second or third time of career restarts. He has a huge chip on his shoulder. On top of it, there's always a very nice incentive of going to W.C, considering the CB and LB positions in the Dutch NT are relatively weak.

I had a strong suspicion this will be Depay's break-out season now that Mertens is out of the picture. Also looking forward to the comeback of Narsingh. One that always pokes my curiosity is Wijnaldum. This kid has talent, can score and is very determined, but he doesn't master in any particular position. He's clearly not a no. 10 (and the capture of Maher pretty much confirms that), playing a false winger perhaps is an option, though he will be in a very crowded area. Maybe he should be in midfield playing as a box-to-box.

I think it will take a few months for PSV to gel, but definitely the pieces are there. I'd say a top 3 is almost a lock. The question is if they have mentality to win it all.

6. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yesterday they played without a #10. With Wijnaldum and Maher next to eachother. Like they should.

7. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Turning into a PSV supporter??

8. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    unbiased as always.

9. CDPontaDelgada

CDPontaDelgada Member+

CD Santa Clara
    Aug 15, 2012
    Ponta Delgada PT
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Matavz linked to Benfica

10. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Too bad. I thought the Maher-Matavz partnership had music. Don't know. Saw some flashes during the van Bommel goodby match IIRC that could have been build on.

11. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Yeah but will anybody be surprised if PSV buys Finnbogason? They aren't going into the season with Locadia and Toivonen as their only forward-ish type players.

12. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The club have already told Toivonen he will only play reserve football unless he extends his contract and he's said that he won't. Classic old west stand off.

13. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Yep good point. If not Finnbogason than who?

14. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yeah Toivonen has hired Raiola now, so maybe a Fulham deal is in the making.

SV should not go for such a limited player like Finnbogason. Maybe that striker from Prague is an option. Made a huge impression on me against Feyenoord least season.

Kadlec

15. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Also he is Czech and that is a pro in my book.

16. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

Funny how Matavz turns out to be one of the least selfish players they have or had last year. But Locadia seems to be scoring far easier than him. Hunter-like ability to score that kid.

I was again impressed by what I saw yesterday. They're clearly already better than they were last year. And Cocu seems to have it in order very quickly.

17. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Only thing is that Locadia is not such a good header as Hunter is. Both score very easy.

18. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    Nice story about Cocu. link

TFC Ajax repped this.
  19. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I was wondering if this thread of mine could be put to rest as I will start the first 2013/2014 thread. :cool:

20. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    New thread can be found here.